5.0 out of 5 stars The GrandDaddy of Hand Blenders!
June 25, 2004: I have had a Braun handblender for many years (10 years?), and was pleased with its performance, until it finally lost its spunk last week. I bought this product yesterday as a replacement, and I must say I am very pleasantly surprised! This was a HUGE step up! I would even say that this is a professional quality gadget! (It is certainly styled to look the...
Published on June 25, 2004 by Stephanie Lamphere

3.0 out of 5 stars Great blender but DO NOT USE WITH ICE OR FROZEN FRUIT!
This has been a great blender up until earlier this week. You can read all the great positive reviews here on Amazon to get a feel for the versatility of this blender. My purpose for writing this review is to warn others not to use this with ice or frozen fruits. I'd say that my blender is about a few years old and about a year ago I began making protein shakes for...
Published on November 13, 2009 by Chilehead Photography

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 422 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but food gets trapped in the shaft, January 12, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
This is our second hand held blender. The first one died too early, but we liked using it so much for our morning smoothies that we bought another. This one is working ok, but like other reviewers stated, the rubber seal came loose and trapped food. The seal is not removable because of the blades. Food gets in the shaft and is next-to-impossible to clean. The seal was just loose enough to trap food, and not noticeable at first. By the time we noticed it, food had dried was stuck about 1/4" up the shaft. We still use it, but it requires tedious methods to clean and keep sanitary. We're hoping Kitchenaid addresses this issue in subsequent models. It's a great blender, but buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great appliance, May 3, 2005
I have really enjoyed my Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender. I have used it on several occasions and it has come in very, very handy! Gravy - skip straining it - it blends it together perfectly. Soups - ever have a tough time blend in melting cheese? I've also used it to blend my homemade pizza sauce - as the final touch. I LOVE THIS MACHINE! It is my favorite handy appliance. Best of all - it washes up in a snap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Motor stopped working in 40 days, March 31, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
It was a great product to prepare food for my baby (I haven't used it that much except for blending some boiled veggies 1-2 times day). BUT it stopped working in 40 days. I can't return also as Amazon's return policy is only for 30 days.

3.0 out of 5 stars If only it had lived..., November 17, 2009
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
It was a wonderful little blender, very handy in size, not a lot of fussiness, attractive, easy to use, all that.

HOWEVER,
I honestly was only able to use it about five times over a six-month period. I made some pestos, a soup or two, and...that was about all I could get out of it before it croaked.
I took it out of the box one day in great anticipation, but its spirit had parted. And no one knows when or how it happened.

I tried to call customer service of course, but they basically said that it must have either short-circuited or the insides had come apart, and all I could do was buy another one. The best price they gave me was forty-five dollars for a refurb sans shipping costs.
Imagine the disappointment. I had to bury a shiny new acquisition before I even had the chance to wreck it. And I had just purchased the whipping attachment.

I will just stick with my mother's 15 year-old hand blender for now, because 3 watts of power through 15 years is a better deal than 60 watts for five thrilling uses.

I talked to some friends after that and they seemed to have similar opinions about kitchenaid appliances (in contrast with some other familiar brands)--attractive and great UNTIL.
They work well until they decide to stop working, by my survey, and it seems to be a rather undependable and unattractive gamble you're asked to take with the kind of price range their brand commands...

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand blender, March 2, 2007
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
This is a very attractive and convenient kitchen tool. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and does a nice job of blending. You can't blend anything that is deeper than the blending attachment, so you can't have a pot of soup, say, that's deeper than about nine inches or you have to do it in batches.

Also, if you have big chuncks in the mixture, you'll need to really move the blending attachment up and down a lot to "chew" up the big pieces. There is a neat container included with the blender that you can use for smoothies or sauces, with its own seal cap. High quality container, very nice for small-batch stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this kitchen aide immersion blender, February 4, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
Terrible. Gunk gets stuck in the shaft, you can't clean it. But it comes out in your food. I had to throw mine out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily and no replacement parts, October 19, 2010
MJ "MJ" (Carmel CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
I have had this blender for about 2 years and I only use it occasionally to blend soups or shakes. It worked great for a while. The entire machine is well made and the motor is strong - except for a small plastic piece that sits above the blade. When this plastic thing loosens, then food gets stuck behind it and the blender no longer chops. It is impossible to reinsert it so that it does not come loose again. And there are no replacement parts available, so you just have to buy a whole new blender. I would buy a different blender that did not have a cheap plastic piece in a critical area - which is being immersed into hot and cold liquids. My mistake this time for not thinking about this - but I would not recommend this blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy, April 4, 2008
Amazon Customer (Somerville, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
This gadget isn't Cooks Illustrated's #1 choice for hand blenders for no reason: it's powerful, has adjustable speeds, and, perhaps best of all, it detaches for easy cleaning. Great for soups, plus the cup it ships with is perfect for single-servings of smoothies. I wouldn't bother with any other immersion blender.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Making Baby Food, September 28, 2007
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
I use this to puree veggies for my kids to eat. My favorite is to boil up a whole bunch of sweet potatoes, peel, puree and freeze in ice cube containers. The kids like 'em and they're so much cheaper than at the store! Plus, they're fresher. I've also had fun trying to make my own lattes -- mixed results so far! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but be CAREFUL, December 8, 2007
Amazon Customer (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
Bought the blender for my wife and have used it a good few times for making small amounts of whipped cream (takes just a few seconds), and general blending for desserts. Blender if very powerful and works very well for all mixing jobs I've tried.

One day I, very stupidly, was wiping the blade area with my finger while the blender was still plugged in. You can guess what happened next. 12 stitches later I still can't believe my stupidity. Remember there is no safety feature on this product like there is with a food processor and it is just as dangerous.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 422 | Next ›