Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now HTL

on January 13, 2009
To get the max score, a product would have to exceed my expectations. This one did not, at least not completely. The chopper attachment does a great job. I chop celery, garlic, onion, etc in it and it has no problem whatsoever turning out the granularity I like. I have turned to that chopper instead of my old hamilton beach now, when I need to chop up veggies. The whisk, well, it's a whisk. I don't make a lot of cakes and frostings, gravies or sauces either. I whip up eggs and it does that fine, but so does my hand whisk.

As for the blender part...I wanted an immersion blender to get my stand blender off my counter (my kitchen doesn't have a lot of counter space). I use my stand blender for smoothies and my post workout drinks, where I use oats as a carb source. Well, the blender doesn't cut up the oats very well. Most of it sinks to the bottom of the cup and if I didn't swirl it and make an effort to get it all, I'd lose alot of it. I still need to use my stand blender for blending oats into my post workout drinks.

One stand out, I boil up my oatmeal in fruit pureed into milk. This blender has no trouble cutting up blueberries and raspberries (have not tried it on apples yet). Some berry skin gets caught in the vents, but that's not really a problem. More expected.

I'm satisfied. I doubt I would see another immersion blender do better, but I will end this with the caveat that this is my first and only immersion blender.
on February 8, 2008
I'm so pleased with this immersion blender and would highly recommend it to everyone! It works great and it does a better job than my traditional blender, especially with frozen items, such as fruit. Having various speed settings is very useful. Having the other accessories is going to be a great addition to an already excellent product. Clean up is easy and I like the storage bag to keep all the parts neat when put away. I received another one like it for Christmas but without the additional parts(mini chopper,whisk). As soon as I took it out of the box I knew it was well made and decided to box it back up and order the set. Very glad I did!
on December 14, 2009
I love it! Things that took me 20 mins to chop/mash now take me 30 seconds (that includes cleanup)!.
Mexican food (refried beans, salsa, soups) takes almost no time and almost no clean up now. Appetizers that require finely chopped veggies are also quite fast to make now.

I have yet to try the whipping cream attachment. So far, from the other two attachments this hand blender, to me, is like a small food processor (and easier to clean). Also, quite a space saver.

UPDATE: This item is great for making baby food at home. The easy clean up is great for this purpose as I am now using it daily.
on February 25, 2009
The first one I got was a dud, but I believe that was my fault because I left it sitting in a hot storage unit for 2 yrs as I moved a lot. I just recently got this and I love it!! It makes baby food at the touch of a button and everything works perfectly. Be careful in small bowls as it is a little strong powered, but thats part of what I like so much! I love all the attachments and am so happy I decided to go with also makes wonderful mashed potatoes and the recipes are delicious as well. paired with a kitchenaid mixer you can't go wrong in the kitchen!!
on July 19, 2010
I live on a boat with my family and we travel. I purchased this gadget in 2008 because it was a space saver and it took the place of my blender and food processor and mixer. It works well off my inverter and I use the heck out of it. It has been in marine conditions for two years now and is still running strong! It does a great job. I'm writing a review on it on my Blog so that other cruisers out there might consider purchasing one. It would be super in a RV, too! I only wish it chopped ice better.
on February 10, 2014
Ugh! Bought this in 2010 where it basically sat on a shelf until 2012, then I started using it regularly. Maybe once every ten days. Went to use it last week, it was dead. No flash, no "pop," no last wheezes. And while I'm surprised (in a bad way) at the crappiness of this name-brand appliance -- top of the line when purchased for $100 not that long ago -- I'm really glad to see it go.

Good bye, good riddance to this KitchenAid annoyance because:

1. Too heavy! I'm no 98 lb weakling but this thing was too long & top-heavy for me to comfortably use, it never felt right in my hand. The extra-long cord you'd think would be a nice touch but, for me, it just dragged thru pots/bowls (messy!) and made the whole apparatus more awkward to use.

2. Difficult to disengage accessories from motor end. You have to kinda jiggle it and really pull vigorously at the same time, and often it'd release so suddenly that batter or puree or whatever I was mixing would fly SPLURT across the kitchen.

3. The stupid bag. Who travels with their immersion blender? Oh it's for storage? Well then why doesn't it hold everything all together nicely? The bag that came with mine only holds the accessories, not the motor. Which is the biggest/heaviest/most expensive part. Which is the part that you'd want to protect in a bag, I'd think. But what do I know?

4. Ten speeds?! Ha, what a gimmick! Like there's that much difference from one number to the next. Frankly, it's a pain to have to wonder if you should mix on 2 or 5 or 7.... and spinning that little dial while the motor is going is quite difficult. I'd prefer a nice quick flip between two settings, High and Low.

I believe all the great reviews here for this item but if you read between the lines, it kinda sounds to me like most people are thrilled with the ease of "immersion blending" in general, not this KitchenAid appliance in particular, ya know? There are much better appliance choices out there.

LIGHT BULB MOMENT: Perhaps an immersion blender is one of those kitchen tools you don't really need to go high-end on? Better, maybe, to have a small light wand for maximum mobility -- which is the whole point of separating the blender from it's cumbersome base in the first place, right?

My first immersion blender was a cheap little Costco impulse buy over 10 years ago that I gave away when I "upgraded" to this POS KitchenAid. Oh to have that back! Even if a cheaper model might not hold up as well -- I'd rather burn thru a $25 hand blender every few years than wrestle with this heavy, clunky overblown monster that, turns out, isn't any more reliable anyway.

Couldn't order a ChefMan 300 fast enough.
on March 12, 2007
How did I ever live withouth this little baby? Lots of power, easy to handle, super easy clean up. I use it fo reverything from making smoothies to pureeing soups, to chopping nuts. Great purchase. I won't be buying a new food processor after all!
on November 16, 2010
My girlfriend will give me back this blender when I pry it form her cold, dead hands. Immersion blenders are so much better than normal ones for 90% of what you want to do. You can puree soups right in the pot without having to transfer it in batches to a regular blender. It quickly makes shakes so what becomes a rare treat can be a daily habit (esp. good for protein shakes), etc.

As for this one, I bought it based on the fact that it was universally recommended as being the best and has some insane power for a hand blender. I wanted a unique color, so I paid a little extra for the Red ( didn't carry it at the time of purchase, so I purchased on Amazon via Chef's Catalog). BTW, blenders this powerful are corded, just FYI since the pictures don't show this. If you are used to anything battery operated, this one is much larger than you'd think. Luckily it's easy to disassemble and store in the included bag.

This model, unlike the other KitchenAid comes with some attachments because I thought what the heck--there really is no need for it, but if you do you can get rid of your electric whisker and food processor (in my case, I got rid of the food processing attachment on my stand mixer). The only problem we've had so far we had some trouble removing the chopping attachment after blending, but I think that will be okay as we use it more.

By the way, my stand mixer is a Delonghi, not a KitchenAid. So I didn't buy it for the brand.

I can't comment on durability. I've killed four blenders over my life, but I don't task this one nearly as hard as I did those. I assume that if it fails under regular use, I'll contact KitchenAid. I've had to that before with the blenders (different brand).
on October 7, 2013
Purchased just over four years ago and still going strong. Just realized I never wrote a review for it, and this product deserves to be recognized. Great quality, which is what I expected from a KitchenAid. I use the immersion blender and food processor attachment the most.
Immersion blender: The soups I've made with this rocks! I also have blended applesauce I was making in a crock pot, as well as blueberry jam I was making on the stove. Easy clean up if you rinse your attachments right away.
Food processor: Hummus, pesto and mayonnaise have consistently came out great. Good texture and great flavor. Of course the quality of ingredients is extremely important, but also are the tools you use to create something from them.

This hand blender has definitely saved me time with food prep in the kitchen. Giving me more time to enjoy the results.
on April 15, 2011
This wonderful red machine is probably the best kitchen tool that I have purchased in the last 10 years. It is tough, versitile, powerful and comparitively quiet. I have had several hand blenders in the past--I just know that this will be my last. You can see and feel the quality. I especially like the speed control--it keeps messy me from spraying food all over the kitchen.

I absolutely use it every day. I use it most often to make babyfood for our daughter. It makes perfecty smooth babyfood with next to no effort. The attachments fit snugly--each works the way it should. I have nothing but high praize for my Kitchen Aid hand blender.

This was a great buy. It prices at at least $10.00 higher in the store. It arrvied even earlier than I expected. It is perfect.

Thank you!