Published on August 8, 2006 by M.D. Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit 6 qt mixer
I have the professional 6 qt mixer, and this cover does not fit it. I looked at the description again and it states that it will cover both a tilt head or a raised bowl but this is more than 2 inches short.
Published on October 31, 2006 by M. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Hemmed and hawed, but really glad I went ahead and bought it!, August 8, 2006
I've had my Artisan 5 Quart Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for a few years now, and always thought that this cover was a bit of a luxury, and that I could easily find fifty other things to spend twenty-five bucks on. Even for all of that, it occurred to me recently that, with cats in my house, a cover for my stand mixer would save me some pre-mixing clean-up time. Now that I've gotten my cover, I'm thrilled that I decided to buy it!

This cover is plenty big for my mixer. I leave all of the attachments in the bowl, as I'm sure your average Kitchenaid stand mixer owner does, and this cover fits over everything with plenty of room to spare. The bottom edge of the cover hits the countertop and covers every inch of my mixer, with no problem doing so. I even put the cover in the washer and dryer after receiving it, to see how much it might shrink. Mine didn't shrink at all, and the laundering got it fragrant and wrinkle-free.

Even though my stand mixer is white, I opted for the khaki cover, which blends in perfectly with my kitchen cabinets and counter tops.

This may not have been the absolute best thing I've ever gotten on Amazon for $25.00 or less (that'd be my Weber chimney starter - best damned $12.00 I've spent in a long time!!!), but this is right up there with the best of my best-buy-for-the-money purchases!

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit 6 qt mixer, October 31, 2006
M. Brown (Saratoga Springs, NY United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!! A Cover for KitchenAid 6 Qt. Stand Mixers!!, March 21, 2003
I have had this cover (in white) for several months now and use it to cover my KitchenAid 6 Qt. Epicurean stand mixer (note that this will also fit the 6 Qt. Professional model). With the pouring shield and bowl in place, the cover just fits around the entire base of the mixer with perhaps 1/8" of room from the bottom. There is a large pocket (12" wide x 8.5" tall) along one side which allows for storage of manuals, cookbooks, and accessories. The cover is well made from heavy, quilted cotton twill backed with cotton covered polyester batting and is machine washable (cold recommended -- this thing cannot afford any shrinkage!!). There is contrasting black piping along the bottom and arched around the front and back sides. The cover accomplishes its intended task -- keeping dust and dirt off my prized mixer, and is a purchase that I would recommend for anyone who owns a KitchenAid stand mixer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for 6-QT. Looks funny if washed., December 11, 2009
radarblip (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Read a lot of the "most useful reviews" before you purchase. I have the 6-QT bowl lift model and read a lot of glowing reviews before buying. I should have read even more. My cover looked great in fit and quality when I first received. A week later I spilled a spot of tomato sauce on the khaki cotton finish. I had to wash it very carefully according to the prominently displayed wash instructions and warning on the packing to remove it from the low heat drier immediatly. I removed it half way through a load of towels while still slightly damp.

It is now 2 5/8" too short all the way around the base of the 6-QT mixer. It looks like a silly lamp shade. I liked the one comment that it makes a nice cover for a toaster.

I spoke to people at Whirlpool when I registered my mixer as well as Kitchen Aid small appliances customer service AND the soft goods division which markets it. Everyone there is well aware of the problem and tells me the design has not changed in years. One customer service rep said I might want to sew a bolster or skirt around the bottom as some customers say they have done.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT FIT BOWL-LIFT MIXERS!!!!!!!!!, January 13, 2008
even though it says it's designed to protect bowl lift mixers, this does not fully cover the pro 600 model. it has a good design, and it's a shame they don't just TELL you in the description.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Cloth Cover, White with black Trim, January 10, 2007
I purchased this cover because my old one was worn. I have a 6 quart pro mix and it stands taller than the 4/5 quart. The concerns that I have with both covers is that it does not fall long enough around the base of the mixer (and maybe there is a reason for that - let me know). Maybe revised the base of it with an elastic bottom to fit snug over the entire item. Secondly, I realize that it is cloth, but it attracts so much of the products you use to cook with if its any where near or in close proximity of the cover. When the items is washed - then its all over - because it loose its appearance and it seems to shrink. The black one was was (without bleach and it came out with splotches. Washed with like items it lost all of its color. Maybe a new material can be used. Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading... does not completely cover Professional 600 Mixer, December 4, 2008
Purchased 6 quart mixer with this cover and it does not completely cover the mixer. I think it's a stupid design myself, the bottom of the cover stops 2 inches above the base of the mixer. It's like a medium shirt on an xtra large body. Looks stupid on your counter have the bottom of the mixer and bowl showing. The dimensions of the Pro 600 series mixer is 16.5 inches tall and the cover is 14.5 inches tall. However, it is well made and looks nice on the toaster. If you don't mind this cover not completely covering your Pro 600 mixer, buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit 6 Quart, January 19, 2007
Many reviews say that this cover fits the 6 quart perfectly, well this is not true. It is about an inch short of reaching the counter. It looks great having a white base sticking out beneath the khaki cover.

Like white socks and khaki "high-water" pants.

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Mixer cover, May 21, 2010
I received the item that I purchased in about three days, which was great. However when I put the cover on my mixer, it is about 2 inches to short. I have a Kitchen Aid model that is referred to as "professional". I bought it at Costco and evidently is a bit larger than a standard Kitchen Aid mixer. I contacted the seller and she was very nice and doubled-checked for me to see if there was a different cover for my mixer. Since none was found, she told me I could certainly return it. I also contacted Kitchen Aid and they told me that they only made one size mixer cover and I had it. They did say that the mixers are different sizes and the one I have would be too tall for the cover! (even though it is advertised as fitting ALL mixers)However, they do not make another cover! :-( So, since the cover is very nice - thick and sewn well - I am keeping the cover and adding some trim on the bottom!

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash it!, November 12, 2009
The label says not to wash it. Why would you make a cotton item for the kitchen and not make it washable?! We have a rule at our house that, if it doesn't survive either the dishwasher or the washing machine, we didn't need it anyway. Well, I washed the stand mixer cover, and it did, indeed, shrink. It fits fine around the mixer, but it's now high water at the bottom. Oh, well. It still keeps junk out of the bowl and dust and grime off the top, so I guess it still covers.