Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KitchenAid KMT211CU 2-Slice Toaster, Countour Silver
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2010
After trying and returning another manufacturer, I bought this Kitchen Aid and am extremely pleased with the quality of the materials and design. The frame of the toaster is solid and has a little weight to it, and you are able to push the two control buttons with out holding the toaster still, as I have had to do with other brands. The toasting lever has a quality motion to it, and operates very smoothly. Toast, bagels, and english muffins come out very consistently and evenly toasted, I suspect in part due to the steel lining of the deeper toasting cavity. The power cord is heavy gauge as well, complete with a 3 prong (grounded) plug. And as opposed to simply adding more time to the cycle, as other "bagel" buttons tend to do, this actually reduces power to the heating element on the uncut side of the bagel, thus it doesn't become too well done. The bottom of the toaster has 4 rubber padded "feet" so it sits securely in place, and the toaster has an overall classic but updated design. To top it all off, the toaster has totally cool sapphire blue LED's to indicate functions, desired shade, and time to complete the toasting cycle. Good Job Kitchen Aid!
66 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
Agree with all CapeCodChef says -- grabbed one from Target for just $40, and it was much more solid and sleek than all the other flimsy, plastic-clad stuff there. The exterior metal does get hot after a bit, but the "extra lift" feature helps you avoid contact. The toaster does seem to go from underdone to burnt pretty quickly, so until you calibrate the timing for your preferred treat, you may want to hover and make a few spot checks. The evenness in toasting is impressive.
on March 14, 2011
I thought I had given up on toasters, but the other half really wanted one so I went and did some research. I've had a lot of good luck with KitchenAid products in the past, and as it happens this toaster met my high expectations, and then some.

The description is spot on. The blue LED lights provide a subtle modern twist on a classic design that looks great in our kitchen, even though all our appliances are white. I haven't had a chance to try toasting bagels in it yet but the slots are nice and wide so I don't see it being a problem. So far, whole grain bread, cinnamon raisin bread and English muffins have all turned out perfectly. Obviously different types of bread will need different settings, so don't leave it unattended for the first few uses until you figure out the right settings.

One of the best things about this toaster is not having to shake it upside down over the sink to get it clean. There's a crumb tray that pops in and out very easily. It's recommended that you empty the tray after every use, which is great unless you like the smell of burning crumbs....

It's pretty light too, so if you have limited counter top space, you can store it and take it out as needed.

Note that while this will work with a thicker than normal slice, the slots aren't big enough for many longer than commercial slices, such as artisan rye or sourdough.
on October 8, 2011
The sides are a duller gunmetal grey color - would have been nicer in all stainless steel. But then it probably would cost more than $50.

Bagel feature is nice. Toasts bread dependably. We've had ours for 2 yrs now, and had no problems until today, when the carriage wouldn't stay down when depressed.

There is an electromagnet in the toaster that can get obstructed by crumbs. Opening up the toaster was tricky, until i figured out that the front temperature knob does pop off. I cleaned off the electromagnet, put the thing back together, and problem solved.

I've never had this problem with a toaster before, especially not after just 2 years of residential use. So deduct 1 star for poor design (they could have protected that magnet from crumbs better). Subtract one star for ugly sides. That leaves 3 stars.
on February 26, 2011
Looked a consumer reports and then read the Amazon reviews. Decided on the KitchenAid KMT211CU. A little longer cycle but a very good toaster with even toasting. Let's see if it lasts as long as our ten year old Krups.

Have had toaster almost 6 months. Love it with no problems
on January 7, 2012
It took me a lifetime to figure out what my dad told me...spend more and get more. Does this one shoe fit everyone all the time? No...but it sure makes life easier! We have been through three toasters in the last five years and I HATED every single one. Between burnt toast, jammed bread and shoddy build quality that just falls apart...I thought out quest for a real toaster was a pipe-dream.

Why I avoided Kitchen aid for so long is beyond me as we have almost all KA small appliances (blender, mixer etc) and all are flawless. The first impression had was that the build quality was FAR above any non commercial toaster. It literally weighs twice as much and every control feels more what you expect on a new car...those sort of solid yet soft controls. Nothing feels as if it is about to break off in your hand.

How does it toast? PERFECT! Nice color no matter how you like your toast, muffin or bagel! The best part is that back-to-back toasting rewards one with consistent results. Typically, followup toasting is WAY darker due to preheated elements. This little gem accounts for all that and compensates the digital timing.

My wife has us on a strict "clean" diet so breakfast for the four of us generally always includes whole grain breads, muffins and bagels if I can sneak those home...so it gets a workout 4x a day. Right now - 5 stars! I don't see that changing either as it appears KA built this one to last. Well done!
on July 3, 2011
I've always purchased the "cheap" toasters at my local super-center and after my 4th or 5th toaster died, I realized that you do indeed get what you pay for (at least where small appliances are concerned).

Since I know Amazon usually has the best deals and I appreciate the buyer opinions, I selected this KitchenAid 2-slice toaster. I've had it for about a week and what is there really to say about a toaster? It toasts evenly, blends with my stainless-look appliances, has a bagel feature and more importantly, has a cancel button for those times when you just know your toast is about to burn!

I highly recommend this toaster and I do believe it's worth the extra $$$.

***UPDATE*** - I wanted to touch on the fact that this toaster takes a little bit longer to toast the bread than any of my old toasters did. I didn't notice how much slower it is at first. It still toasts very evenly and looks great in the kitchen, but I did want to notate the length of time that the cycle takes.
on February 7, 2012
I bought this toaster and about 1 week after the "return window" expired (2 months after purchasing it!) the toaster broke.It no longer will "stay down" and to toast a peice of bread I have to hold down the plunger constantly.
on April 13, 2011
So far, so good. Toaster works fine for bread, English muffins, & bagels. Small counter footprint, smart looking, and the blue LEDs provide an accurate display of time required / remaining. We do need to cut out extra long bread slices in half, but that is a rather small price to pay for properly toasted breakfast items.
on November 11, 2011
Nice looking toaster and easy to use. It toasts bread very evenly. I'm not sure what the bagel button does, I used it on english muffins and it seemed to take longer to toast than without using the bagel button - either way it works well.
The price was good.
My negative is it's made in China! I thought KitchenAid products were made in the USA.
It doesn't say on the Amazon site or the KitchenAid site where it was made but it sure says it on the bottom of the toaster.

I would have shopped more to find a made in the USA product if I had known.