5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! A toaster that works!
After being a disappointed owner of a 4-slice toaster, which had to be pressed down twice even to toast, I finally bought a more expensive toaster, hoping to have one with quality or at least worked!

Published on February 6, 2007 by S. LaCharite (real name)

3.0 out of 5 stars The slots are too short, otherwise very good
I have the all steel version.
Pros: Very solid construction. Although is quite large, it is good looking and gives you the feeling of something that will last a long time. Very even toasting, works great, and the outside stays totally cool. After several cycles it does eventually get warm, but not hot.
I like it a lot, except for one thing:
Negative: The...
Published on March 9, 2008 by dorel_c

3.0 out of 5 stars The slots are too short, otherwise very good, March 9, 2008
dorel_c (SPRING, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have the all steel version.
I like it a lot, except for one thing:
Negative: The slots are just a little too short. It fits only the regular Mrs Baird's type of bread loaf.
If you try to toast any other type of shorter and wider bread, it will not fit in the slots as they are about 1/2 inch shorter than the slice of bread. If you look at it, it is obvious that there was enough room to extend the slots at least another inch in front. The design team at KitchenAid must be eating one type of bread only, otherwise they would have run into this problem (or perhaps they don't use this toaster).
I wanted to return it because of this, but I already threw away the box (I guess this proves I am a moron), so I am stuck with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! A toaster that works!, February 6, 2007

I've only had this toaster a week or so, but it is wonderful to have a toaster that after being pressed down once, actually toasts a medium golden brown. The toaster has a one to nine setting and for my preference, I keep it set at five.

This toaster also has two buttons to press for bagels and another button to keep toast warm. I haven't used those button yet, so I am unable to review those features. However, since this toaster works so well, I would think that those features would work just fine.

Not only does this toaster work, but it is also very attractive and a welcomed addition to my kitchen in stainless steel with black trim. I only have to use a damp cloth to clean off fingerprint smudges on the toaster.

This toaster is pricey compared to numerous other brands, but I wanted a quality-built toaster that works! So far, this toaster is worth the extra price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Toaster, September 27, 2007
Bret J. Dukelow (Western Branch Chesapeake Va.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KMTT200SS 2-Slice Metal Toaster, Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
This toaster was/is all that we hoped it wuold/could be.
It toasts bagels only on one side while warming the other.
It toasts bread flawlessly.
The removable crumb tray and cool sides are excellent features that we enjoy.
Toasts up who wants one ?

: )

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems with this toaster, June 16, 2008
I did a lot of research on toasters. The three items I was looking for were: 1. faster toasting time 2. back-to-back toasting cycles 3. toasting frozen items one time only. Our old toaster would take a long time to toast, then we had to wait while it cooled completely down before we could toast again. To toast a frozen breakfast pastry often took up to 8-10 minutes! This new toaster has met all our requirements and has worked with no problems at all. You really can't go wrong with this one, it is worth the cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars ...and another one bites the dust!, October 2, 2010
I have been researching toasters for the past couple of weeks. It has been a real challenge to find any models that did not have complaints about toasting performance. I first took a chance on a Breville CT70XL which sadly burnt the upper third of the outer facing slices, left the bottom "raw", and the inner sides very light.

Imagine my surprise when the KitchedAid did an even poorer job! The outer facing slices were dark on top half, untoasted on the bottom half, and the inner facing sides were almost untoasted (especially at lower settings).

I will say this toaster made the neighborhood birds happy when I flung the mal-toasted slices out the back door!

Crossing my fingers that the Cuisinart CPt-170 I just ordered can do the job......

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Toaster..Like that Bagel option, April 26, 2008
We updated all of our counter-top appliances to match the rest of the kitchen remodel and this toaster had the right look. I also like the toaster's performance so far and really like that bagel option (toasts on one side). It is wider than your standard toaster, but it also is more stable and stays put. We purchased the stainless model and it seems pretty easy to clean and does not show fingerprints like many stainless appliances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster!, July 16, 2008
When I recently bought this toaster I was replacing a Tfal toaster I'd had for several years. I was getting frustrated with my Tfal toaster because it wasn't toasting evenly - the top of the slice would be toasted while the bottom would just be hot bread. I am happy to say that this Kitchen Aid toaster toasts very evenly. It's easy to use and doesn't have alot of bells and whistles, but it does well the job it's intended to do. I love Kitchen Aid products and this is no exception - I highly recommend!

2.0 out of 5 stars Kitchenaid KMTT200 toaster worked for less than 2 years, February 28, 2012
I purchased this Kitchenaid KMTT200 stainless steel toaster as a replacement for another brand toaster that lasted less than 3 months.

Now, less than 2 years later, this one no longer works - the lever will not stay down. I called Kitchenaid and they said they would send replacement lever but I took the toaster apart and see the problem isn't with the lever itself. I am disappointed that this Kitchenaid toaster lasted less than 2 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I looked around first. Great toaster!, September 17, 2010
Hermit58 "hermit58" (Carlsbad, NM United States) - See all my reviews
UPDATE MAY 2011: After using this toaster for about 6 months, the main plastic toast actuator handle split on both top and bottom, rendering it completely useless. We contacted Kitchen-Aid, was told they don't have that part in stock, so they wanted to replace the entire unit. However, that unit was out of production, so they quickly replaced the unit with the new KMT220 model. Unfortunately, although it's got cute LEDs, bells and whistles, it doesn't heat nearly as even as the old one.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought this 2-slice toaster to replace an old dirty toaster that still worked, but was just getting too dirty to properly clean. This unit does everything the product description says. I've used it on the bagel setting for English muffins and bagels, with perfect results. The number six (6) setting seems to do well for most all breads. The warm-up setting is real nice, too. The only drawback I can possibly think of is if your bread is very short, you might have to use a wooden spoon or something to lift it up a bit. The cord is long, and grounded (three-prong). The outside panels barely warm up while in use. Cleaning it is very easy, by sliding out and removing the entire bottom tray, which is top-shelf dishwasher safe. I know that KitchenAid makes a 4-slice model with the exact same features. By the way, I gave my old toaster to my son. He doesn't care if it's a bit dirty - he's in college!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all-around toaster, May 14, 2010
This toaster doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it toasts the bread very evenly. Once the proper darkness is set (takes a little trial and error), every piece comes out great. The bagel feature is nice for getting bagels just like I like them...browned on the cut side and warmed on the other side. The warming feature is nice for those times when you toast the bread but don't get to it to butter it right away. It warms the toast without browning it any further so the butter melts and spreads easily. The sides stay cool to the touch. It's easy to clean out. I can't think of anything else you could add to this toaster to make it any better.