Being a new KitchenAid stand mixer owner, I've been having an incredibly hard time finding out which of their accessories go with which item. Specifically, I own the KitchenAid KP26M1PSL Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Silver but I've been reading horror stories about KA accessories and find most of it to be true.

KitchenAid really does need to...
Published on January 13, 2012 by Hyoun Kim

2.0 out of 5 stars States the model not the "size"
Published on June 22, 2010 by C.N.O.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Accessory But Very Important Details About This Shield, January 13, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KN256PS 1-Piece Pouring Shield - Fits Bowl-Lift models KV25G and KP26M1X (Kitchen)

KitchenAid really does need to find some kind of naming convention to help consumers find the right accessory for their products. I know that they give you a nice booklet with a chart of which accessory matches which mixer in each KitchenAid box, but it doesn't help...

The KA pouring shield comes in 2 models (obviously since there are dozens of models floating out there). While I'm not sure if these 2 covers will fit all models, my research has led me to a list of what model stand mixers that these will work on. With that said, my research comes from KA Online Support Help...

KitchenAid's two models and their compatibilities are as follows; I've even included a direct link to them on Amazon. Pay attention to the model numbers!!

KN1PS KitchenAid KN1PS 1-Piece Pouring Shield for Accolade 400 Stand Mixers - Fits all KitchenAid tilt-head stand mixers as well as K5, KP50, KSMS and KG bowl-lift models which include: K45, K45SS, KSM75, KSM90, KSM95, KSM100, KSM103, KSM110, K4SS, K5(A), K5SS, KG25G7X, KG25H0X, KG25H3X, KP50PS, KSM450, KSM455, KSM5, KSM50HDP, KSM500.
KN256PS KitchenAid 1-Piece Pouring Shield with Wide Chute - Fits KitchenAid bowl-lift stand mixer models KB, KD, KP, KT and KV.

As for the review of the shield, I'm reviewing specifically KN256PS KitchenAid 1-Piece Pouring Shield with Wide Chute (NOT the KN1PS). The shield is wonderful! It fits the mixer perfectly and helps you keep anything & everything from splattering out of the bowl while the stand mixer is doing its job. The wide chute is especially helpful so that you can get more ingredients in without making a mess. As a bonus, it's 1 piece and is top rack dishwasher-safe... making cleanup a cinch.

The reason I had to buy it is because the model mixer I got, although a Professional 600, did not come with the shield. If you'd like to know more about it, just look up my other review based on that mixer. Not sure if I can hyperlink it within a review, but it's easily findable if you just look at my past review history.

Hope this review helps you!

2.0 out of 5 stars States the model not the "size", June 22, 2010
Okay, I realize maybe I should compare the model number to the model number, but the standard KitchenAid mixer is the 4.5 quart and this item was not explanatory in terms of size. So it is partly my fault that I didn't MAKE SURE that this item was for my 4.5 quart standard KitchenAid Mixer, but I assumed because it didn't state otherwise, it was also for the standard size.

This shield is for a 6+ quart mixing bowel not the standard 4.5-5 quart bowel. This does not fit my mixer and as another person said, they are not interested in refunding anything for shipping. So it's more prudent of me to either buy another bowel or give this away as a gift; otherwise I spend the cost of the shield in shipping without the benefit of the shield.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit a Professional HD KG25 5-quart, September 20, 2011
I started my search for a Kitchenaid pouring shield by going to my owner's manual for a Kitchenaid model KG25H0XER 5-quart Professional HD stand mixer. On page 25 of the manual, it states the correct model pouring shield for this mixer is the "KN2PS." I went online to the Kitchenaid Store and searched for a "KN2PS" and the search returned "0 products with this description." I then found Kitchenaid has 2 - and only 2 - pouring shields available at their site: The KN1PS and the KN256PS.
Thinking the "KN2" (in KN256PS) must be the nomenclature I was looking for and reading on the Amazon website that the "KN256PS" fit 4.5 and 5 quart bowls for stand mixers, I purchased the "KN256PS" pouring shield.
Upon receiving the KN256PS, I looked on page 3 of the instruction manual I received with the pouring shield and it states, "The bottom rim of the shield should fit inside the bowl, and the tabs should be on the outside of the bowl." I tried, and the shield does not fit. The bottom rim of the shield is about 1/4 inch larger than the rim of the bowl, and the tabs stick out farther than that. I tried to squeeze the pouring shield so that it would fit the bowl, but after only a few seconds, the shield popped off.
Reading the outside of the box the pouring shield came in, I found that Kitchenaid claims the shield fits only KB, KD, KP, KT, and KV models. (As I state above, the model of my mixer is a KG.)
Since the Kitchenaid website lists only 2 pouring shield models, and I know the KN1PS will not fit, I can only assume at this point that Kitchenaid does not make a pouring shield to fit my model of mixer. If that is true, shame on Kitchenaid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, December 31, 2011
Took a chance on this product since my mixer is the 550 from Costco and I wasn't sure which shield to purchase. This one is a perfect fit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits PERFECTLY - once you know the correct modle number you need, January 4, 2012
Since there has been some confusion as to which Pouring Shields fit which K/A Mixers I am adding my little bit of experience here in hopes of saving some other shopper from ordering the wrong one first, as I had done.

This IS the CORRECT Pouring Shield needed to fit the 5 Quart mixing Bowl for the Kitchen Aid Professional 5 Plus 5 Qt Stand Mixer with Lift Bowl.

Even Kitchen Aid does not list their most current Part Number for this Item in the "ATTACHMENT BOOKLET" that came with my new mixer a couple of weeks ago. But before ordering my SECOND Pouring Shield, I called K/A Customer Service and confirmed that indeed this is the right one.

The Pro 5 Plus Mixer has a wide 5 Qt Bowl. The Artisan Mixers have a taller more narrow Bowl that is about six tenths of an inch smaller than this Shield. This Shield DOES NOT fit Artisans.
Again this Part Number KN256PS IS the CORRECT Pouring SHIELD for the Professional 500 series Plus 5-Qt Mixer Stainless Steel Bowl.

The INCORRECT Item that I ordered originally was based on the INCORRECT Amazon Description for Shield # KPS2CL that states it fits ALL K/A 4 1/2 & 5 Qt Mixers. That shield is for the Taller and more narrow bowls. I know first-hand that this Shield does fit the Artisan Series, (I don't know what others) so I was able to give it to a relative who could use it- saving me the hassle of a return.

I am so happy with my mixer and very happy to have the proper fitting shield as well. I have not actually used the shield yet, but don't foresee any problems. I mainly wanted to share this info for the sake of other shoppers. Hope this helps..
Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars KN256PS fits 9" diameter bowl, October 19, 2010
I ordered the wrong shield for my mixer (8 in. diameter bowl). I thought the dimension would be helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars The shield fit., November 5, 2011
I have been wanting a shield for my 6 qt Kitchen Aid stand mixer ever since I got it two or three years ago. I went on the Kitchen Aid site several times, but never bought it. Finally, when I saw this shield at a better price, I decided to get it. I measured my bowl and it was nine and a half inches across. The advertised shield said it was nine inches, but stated that it would fit the bowl that came with my mixer. To my delight,it does fit and I am so happy. By the way, the shield was here in two days. I didn't have to wait endlessly for it. I'm very happy with the new shield and also with the supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleanup (Sanitation&Safety) Indispensible, January 24, 2009
Mark D. Loveland (West Hartford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
Each KitchenAid product is designed with a specific, non-overlapping, and indispensable purpose. The Stand Mixer models, which may generate flour/batter showers upon startup, require these shields which are a piece of the puzzle that keeps the kitchen cleanup process minimized. Great product, great thought, great performance!!

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised..., January 7, 2008
Not really a whole lot to say about it other than it works as advertised. One thing to keep in mind though is that it only fits when the mixing stand is down. When you pull the motor head up, it catches on the side of the plastic shield. So just remember to take it off before doing so. Good product so far. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT KN1PS Don't be mislead. Fits only 6 qt mixers, October 26, 2010
I tried to carefully read the product information and reviews before ordering a pouring chute. I got the wrong one for my mixer. I'm going to Bed, Bath and Beyond, brick & morter, to purchase another pouring chute so I get it right this time. The Amazon info just isn't clear enough. I failed to mention that I had to get the 3B assistant manager to special order the pouring chute for my mixer--a 5 qt.