Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
KitchenAid KP26M1PSL Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Silver
|Price:||$399.78 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$100.21 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 575 watt motor, 10 speed control
- 6-quart polished stainless steel wide-mouth bowl with contoured steel handle
- 67 point planetary mixing action
- Packaged and shipped in recyclable, easy-to-open packaging
- Includes: 6 quart stainless steel bowl with comfort handle, burnished powerknead spiral dough hook, flat beater and wire whip.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
NEWLY EDITED 11/30/07:
IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO BUY a PRO 600 & you have done your research, you already know there is a plastic/metal parts issue, so PLEASE read my info: KA customer service KNOWS which Pro 600s have the metal transmission cover "fix" (via serial numbers), but some reps are refusing to give you the serial numbers to look for; but they might "allow" you to call them from the store with the serial number off a Pro 600 box before you buy to ensure it has the metal transmission cover. So, be insistent! Here's my story:
The first rep I called was a supervisor "Kelly", who refused to tell me which serial numbers to look for! Nice! I spent too much time researching ,so I called back & the next rep (Rachel) gave me her extension & told me to call her from the store & she would tell me if the one I found was made after the "fix". By the time I found one I wanted - at the second store visited - KA cust serv was closed. I bought it anyway, crossed my fingers, & called the next day. "Rachel" wasn't available, but another rep told me the serial number was one of the newer mixers I wanted.Read more ›
1. The motor consumes over 50% more electricity (and is certainly more noisy) in the pro 600, but how much of that is being converted to extra torque, I'm not really sure. What I do know is that I can only do a single batch of bread at a time in either mixer.
2. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the Artisan mixer came with a "coated" paddle and dough hook, whereas the pro 600 has "Brandished steel". This means the Artisan's implements are dishwasher safe but the pro 600's are not. I had assumed those bright, shiny implements that I saw in the store display were stainless steel, but I guess not.
3. My Pro 600 model suffered the broken gear fate that other reviewers have spoken of. I was able to order the parts to fix it myself which was pretty inexpensive and not too terribly difficult, but I'd like to point out that my Artisan has never broken.
On the plus side...
3.Read more ›
RESPONSE FROM KITCHENAID: Thank you for visiting the KitchenAid website!
I would like to reassure you that our engineering and product teams have addressed the gear box issue. In fact, we have already implemented a change in the manufacturing of the Pro 600 Stand Mixers to a metal gear box. Although these will be changed out on additional 5 qt bowl-lift models that include all metal gearing, the time line on that is not known at this time. Although a transparent change, this will insure the long-term durability we expect.
I would like to emphasize to you that should you purchase a Stand Mixer (with all metal gearing) which has not been assembled with the upgraded metal gear box, and you should have a problem with your mixer (as a result of the plastic gear box (failure), we will most certainly extend your warranty to resolve the issue properly and effectively.
If you have additional questions, feel free to reply back to me. Or, you may contact either our KitchenAid Customer Satisfaction Center at 1-800-541-6390, or you may visit our secure KitchenAid Live Chat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I used to own a Professional mixer like this from about 10 years ago, and the quality seems to have gone down since then. Read morePublished 2 days ago by theredheadsaid
I was surprised at the price of this mixer, which with the rebate, makes it really inexpensive. But it is obvious the 7 Qt is now where it is at. Why do I say that? Read morePublished 2 days ago by Sydney's Mom
This mixer is very sturdy and well worth the cost. It was packaged amazingly well.
I had trouble getting the bowl to fit in properly but thats because I did not first read... Read more
why has this product been sold for almost 100 years? because its a great product, solid, dependable, decent value. But note it will only fit under cupboards into 17 inch clearance! Read morePublished 3 days ago by michael d thomas
My husband and I searched many different websites to find the best deal for this product and we're fortunate enough to find it on Amazon, by quite a bit! Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer