Questions & Answers
KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5-Quart, White
by KitchenAid
4.7 out of 5 stars (3,422)
$324.00
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 326 questions
votes
I thought discussion was between "Artisan" and "Classic", not "Pro".... But in any case, I have had a "Classic" for about 15 years now, and my Wife just bought me an "Artisan" to take to Florida with us since we've become "snow birds" this year for the first time. And I turned them both on and the Classic definitely spins at a noticeably faster speed on all settings including the fastest speed setting, whereas the Artisan spins slower. I don't know about "when under load", but if you were whipping egg whites or cream, where the load is very low, I would expect that the old "Classic" would whip them faster on the basis of my "test" above.
Dec 28, 2009 by David Deihl
votes
Yes! The pasta attachment is amazing! I've made all of the shapes, but especially like the rigatoni style. Just be sure to check the manual for speed needed, as each shape requires a different speed. Also, after using it often, the best way to clean up, is to set all the pieces out over night and let the extra pasta bits dry in the plate. They will brush right out in the morning.
Dec 11, 2013 by Lisa
votes
I own the Pro 600 and its great for kneading dough..the bowl is big and accomadates double batches for my cookies....However be warned that the noise it makes will sit on your last nerve..the drive is different then the Artisan so its far noisier..and having had the tilt head prior to this..I must say I like that more then the lift...Perhaps you want to go hear it in person before buying it..you can do that at Williams Sonoma stores...If you can stand the noise..you will probably love the mixer..does pizza dough for me in a few minutes...great every time!
Dec 31, 2008 by Jillie Bean
vote
My wife and I own a KitchenAid stand mixer we bought in 1997. It was made in America and is still going strong. Last year, in June, we paid $120+ for a KitchenAid coffee maker at Lowes to replace our eight year old $35 Black&Decker coffee maker. That one still worked, but the wife wanted the fancy stainless steel KitchenAid. We are now on our third KitchenAid coffee maker. The previous two failed in use and were replaced by KitchenAid. They were all made in India. Check the metal model plate on the kitchen appliance you purchase. It will have the country of manufacture listed.
May 4, 2008 by David Burrell
vote
Hello: It worked out perfectly. So go ahead and buy it. To be honest and this is not a matter of spending money, sometimes you really need to have an extra bowl. The 3qt is a good option since it fits inside the big bowl, so you can save space. Or try the 4.5 if you need more capacity plus an extra bowl with handle. Good luck!
Feb 4, 2008 by David Solano
vote
Normally, with the KitchenAid mixer, you will mix the ingredients with the paddle attachment and then use the dough hook to knead the bread on medium speed for 4 to 6 minutes. The dough should clear the sides. You can do the "window pane" test. Take a piece of the dough and flatten it while pulling it thin. If you can get a thin, almost see through (light can be seen), without tearing the dough, your gluten has formed. Also, you could stick a thermometer inside the dough and if it registers 80°F, you should be ready for proofing. Much of this will depend on what style of bread you are making. Most breads can follow the above method. Ciabatta and wetter doughs will be more "gooey". If you are interested in making more breads, I would recommend The Bread Bakers Apprentice. It is, by far, my favorite bread book with many great recipes and lessons.
Dec 22, 2008 by Chef
vote
This thing can mix cement!! Very very powerful motor, it will last for probably 2 or three generations if daily extended use! We are very happy with ours.
Mar 10, 2014 by michael t miller
vote
I know, it's a little frustrating. But the deals here are so much better than the stores. I finally got in when it was $199, but I had to come and check the price every day. One thing I might add is that if it is listed at a low price like $199, get it right then, if you come back later in the day, the price may be higher. It takes a while, but the money saved to me is worth it. I just looked at the price, the onyx black one is $199 today. I had a different color in mind, but when the white one was on sale for $199, I went ahead and got it. There is a $20 rebate that you deduct from the price as well. Good Luck, it will come down. By the way, from what I've seen, it works just as they say it will. Update : They have the white one on sale today (Monday Febuary 19)for $199.
Feb 16, 2007 by Suz30
vote
I think it's not too bad, Walmart has the 250 Watt, version online for $198 and the bowl with it is 4.5 quart and looks like it only comes in white. Man I want this mixer myself, can't afford right now!!! :) KH
Feb 4, 2008 by K. Hasekamp
votes
Bought from Costco Kitchenaid 5.5 qt lift bowl standmixer KV25MCXCU (metallic chrome color) 575 Watt, with burnished flat beaters and dough hook, no pouring shield and cannot find manual in Kitchenaid website. Called to find out difference betwen burnished and ceramic accessories (answer: burnished cannot put into dishwaster, has to be handwashed), size of pouring shield (no available pouring shield for that model), model is specially made for Costco.
Jan 13, 2011 by Ordinary folks
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   33   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers