5.0 out of 5 stars how to cook like the pros
Published on November 17, 2002 by rio857

2.0 out of 5 stars Unluckly mine is broken about 2 years of usage
I typically use this to knead doughs(once per week and 4 cups of flour each time) and it is broken now. So I guess when people say this thing is built for last, they probably use it mainly to mix salad.

Published on December 5, 2006 by Laijun Xie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars how to cook like the pros, November 17, 2002
rio857 (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White (Kitchen)
I love to cook, especially around the holidays when I make tons of Christmas cookies to give as gifts. I used to use a hand/stand mixer that was mostly plastic and just did not have the speed or the power to mix my dough. I would end up having to hand mix it, which was fine until tendonitis set in in my right hand, making hand mixing anything painful and near impossible. I asked for a Kitchen Aid last year for Christmas, never thinking I would get it. When I did I was ecstatic. My mom gave it to me as an early Christmas gift so that I could finish my cookies in style. The Kitchen Aid mixed my heaviest doughs, included chip doughs, with ease and speed. In a matter of 3 minutes or so, my doughs were completely mixed and ready to go. Further, the dough hook is great! The dough slides right off and eliminates the need for scraping it off of a beater. The revolving beaters also automatically scrape the sides of the bowl so that I don't have to! Lastly, the Kitchen Aid does everything with such ease that I don't feel like I'm beating up my mixer to get a simple batch of cookies and the large bowl as well as the accessories make making several batches very easy. This is a MUST HAVE for any cook!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The more you use it, the more you will love it., March 22, 2005
Samia (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love my KitchenAid mixer. I like to bake and always use my mixer. I use it to mix cake batters and knead dough. Cakes come out perfect every time. The mixer is a necessity for every baker's kitchen. It is a durable product and will last a lifetime. The mixer is well built and well designed. Cleanup is easy too. Just remove the bowl and beater and wash by hand or in the dishwasher. The mixer comes with one bowl, kneading hook, flat paddle beater and whisk-type beater. There are also many accessories available for the KitchenAid mixers.

I recommend the KitchenAid mixer for every kitchen. The more you use it, the more you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars you'll never put it away!, May 30, 2003
I received the KitchenAid Ultra power Stand mixer for a recent wedding present and already find myself using it everyday. I have just returned from three years in West Africa as a Peace Corps volunteer and the preservatives in American foods were bothering both my husband and me. I now use the KitchenAid mixer for everything from wheat bread to mashed potatoes and stiff-but-not dry egg whites. It lives on the countertop.
The only problem is that it is difficult to add flour while the beater is down--not much room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Time and Just Buy This, September 20, 2005
Nikki Evans "nikkiev" (Piqua, OH United States) - See all my reviews
10 years ago my hubby tried to help me with my love of cooking and bought me a Sunbeam stand mixer. It was half of the price of this one but we returned it to the store 8 times. I got 8 different Sunbeam stand mixers before I gave up. Each one died the first time I used it. I was only trying to make bread from the recipe book that came with the mixer. Since then, after getting my money back I bought one of these babies and it is still going strong. I use it at least 3-4 times per week. I make a lot of things from scratch due to allergies and my hubby's cholesterol levels. I love my mixer and just really need to convince him how badly I need the pasta attachment! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it all the time!, March 11, 2003
By A Customer
I have owned a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for over 5 years and absolutely love it. I don't know how I lived without it. It simply is one of the best stand mixers available. It is on the expensive side as mixers go but it is well worth it if you can afford it. I was lucky to recieve it as a gift. Stand mixers are great tools for times when recipes call for mixing, beating or whipping for longer periods of time, e.g. egg whites, cream, batter, etc. in order to attain a certain texture or air. While it is doing it's job, your hands are free to do other tasks at hand.

It's not limited to baking use. I have used the mixer for mixing ground meat with seasoning or breadcrumbs for meatloaf, hamburgers, wonton filling and even to mash potatoes. It mixes ingredients together faster and more evenly than manually with your hands.

You can buy accessories such as a grater which attaches to the front of the mixer. This is another tool that makes it easier on your own hands and does a faster and better job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whipping things up!, December 11, 2002
My friends at Church are always asking me to bake cookies for the children, or breads, cakes, or any number of special items for dinners and socials.

I love to bake, I love to share what I learned from my Grandmother. But baking for 100 or more people at a time has killed many cheap mixers in my kitchen. This kitchenaide mixer has never once gave me a bit of trouble.

From neading dough for breads to mixing up a delicat souffle, it has became my "rock" of my kitchen. I have bought a can-opener attachment to go on the front of it and it's a useful every day appliance on my counter. Add the shredder, and the greater and it will do anything a food processer will do. I strongly reccomend the purchase of a pouring sheld, it can very easily make a mess if not monitored.

This is the best thing I have in my kitchen and I am PROUD of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it better than 600watt model, January 11, 2007
I've had the 300 watt mixer for 13 years and love it. I like the ease of the tilt-back head. This model does a great job with everything from beating egg whites to mixing up a double batch of cookie dough. I recently received the 600 model. The 600 model makes a LOT more noise, doesn't seem to reach the bottom of the bowl so creaming and whipping aren't performed as well. AND, once you've gotten used to the tilt-back design, the lift-up design seems cumbersome. It's difficult to

remove the beater and you can't remove the bowl without removing the beater. I use my 300 watt most of the time because it's more user friendly. Every cook/baker should have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid Ultra Power Mixer-300Watt KSM90, February 27, 2006
This is the third mixed I have purchased from Amazon. All have been Kitchen Aid KSM90 Mixers. I have purchased two white and one red. There is no way that you can purchased a better mixer for the money. Why buy 3? I bought the first for my wife approx. 2 years ago then several months later I purchased one for my oldest daughter as a gift, then in Jan 2006 I purchased another one for my youngest daughter as a gift. The last one is used in baking cakes, etc. for resale. All machines preform very well with no trouble. Thanks for a splendid machine. I highly recommend the KSM90 300Watt mixer over all the rest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unluckly mine is broken about 2 years of usage, December 5, 2006

Then I went through the reviews on different models and many people have pointed out that non professional KitchenAid stand mixers are not intended to knead dough, even though they includes the "C" hook.

It takes me a while, but I finally figured out how to dissemble this thing and located the broken part(a worm gear). Finding the replacement parts is surpisely easy in the internet(good thing to own a brand name). For ~$30 it went back to work. This time I will be vert careful not to do too much kneading.:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best, November 14, 2006
I have had my mixer for over 10 years. I like to bake from scratch and it does a great job making that an easy task. It handles from cookie dough to bread dough and even the very stiff batter used for Caribbean Christmas Cakes. I was always hesitant to make anything that called for meringues... one day I used my mixer to beat the egg whites... and presto.... perfect results.

Recently, I noticed an oil leak and couldn't figure out where it came from. I emailed Kitchen Aid. They said that the machine is a workhorse and needs to be used frequently so that the oil maintains its viscosity. I followed their recommendation and ran the mixer for 2 minutes on high...problem solved. I guess I am not using it as much as I thought.

This was a great buy and If I could afford it I would give one to all my cooking buddies........ well the least I could do is to recommend it right?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›