Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Onyx Black|Change

on January 23, 2016
Very disapointed in this product. Looks like KitcheAid has taken the easy route and cheapened their name by making a poor quality item. Poor design of the steam spout that is on top of unit. BUYER BEWARE. This will exaust steam when you least expect it. In the 1 day that I owned this, my wife burnt the top of her hand cleaning up after making a cup of coffee. I had my head near fill cannister and steam exausted out unexpectedly at my face. If you make a cup of coffee after another chances are you will get burnt from steam out of exhaust spout or even opening fill lid for your water. (It relieves pressure through fill cannister also) Also I Smell burnt plastic venting from the heat chamber every time I made a cup of coffee. (Unacceptable) Sad that they used a lower quality polymer (plastic) in that most likely leaches. It is a China made product with expected poor quality. I packed this up the next day and asked for my refund. IS IT TO HARD TO ASK FOR A QUALITY ITEM? I am willing to pay for quality. Is there anything that meets that standard? This product clearly does not.
on October 7, 2015
I was very excited for this coffee maker because it looks sharp and got great reviews. I decided that I didn't want to pay for KCups anymore, but don't need to make an entire pot; so a single serve drip was perfect. The coffee maker is tall, but did look good in my kitchen. However, looks can be deceiving. From the start, I noticed that a lot of coffee grounds ended up in my cup, moreso than usual. I then noted that the gold filter that came with the Kitchen-Aid did not fit snug. (I did use appropriately ground coffee). I thought it was me and really wanted to keep it (I liked that there was not pot for coffee to go bad in) so tried different ways to not allow grounds in my mug. Unfortunately, after two weeks, the coffee maker stopped working. It either would not brew (water would not pour through) or it came out as pure sludge. I did descale it as the directions recommended, but the same problem happened the very next day. It's very unfortunate, especially since this is a Kitchen Aid product (and pricey). Hence, it is going back today and I am trying the Hamilton Beach Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker.Hamilton Beach 49981A Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
on July 2, 2013
After running into a Kitchenaid rep in a costco store and having her sell my father and I both on this turd, we both bought the Kitchenaid personal coffee maker. I didn't talk to my dad about his experience with the coffee maker until after I returned mine, and found out that he, separately returned his too! I use a Keurig in my home, he uses an old fashioned perculator and a Mr. Coffee in his house.

The Kitchenaid rep cornered us and she stated that this thing is so much better than a Keurig because you save money by not using the k-cups, the coffee is piping hot, and it is faster, and way more convenient. I can now say in hindsight that these were all lies.

It is a pain filling the thing with water EVERY time you want coffee especially since the hole to pour the water in is so small (unless you want to remove the top of the unit and take it to the sink EVERY time you make coffee). The Keurig holds a ton of water for multiple uses.

I don't know how the designers of the Keurig did it, but when the machine is making coffee, it does it VERY fast and neatly. Just a minute drop, MAYBE, every now and then. This Kitchenaid thing took forever to brew a cup AND it sprayed water all over the place! It was such a big amount of space from the unit to a normal sized coffee cup that our counter and hardwood floors were wet! Then it also spews steam out the top of the unit which builds up condensation on the underside of the cabinet! And speaking of that, they designed it way too tall to fit under cabinets, so you need to find an unobstructed place to put it in your kitchen.

I personally don't agree with the hype with this thing, I mean everyone has their own opinion, but mine is this: Keurig makes a mean cup of coffee, period. It's convenient, fast, hot, strong in flavor, yes it is pricier, but you do get what you pay for most of the time in life. I bought the little cafe cups for the keurig so that I can put my own coffee in the keurig machine, and I can taste the difference between the kcups (perfectly measured and designed for the machine), and the cafe cup. To me, the KitchenAid tastes just like a cup of coffee made with the cafe cup in a keurig, ie.. not nearly as good.

Lesson learned, both units returned and when I see that kitchenaid rep in costco again in the future I am going to tell her my experience since she was almost argumentative in her defense of this terrible product. But for now, Amazon gets my review of the unit (as costco doesn't even list it on their site LOL).

Oh yeah, the reasons my father gave for the return were similar, coffee tasted average to bad (not as good as what he currently owned which is nothing fancy). AND that "that lady lied to me, the coffee wasn't any hotter than other coffee makers.

Hope this review saves somebody the time and hassle from buying this disappointment only to have to return it. I hope that innovation takes coffee making forward past the Keurig in the around $100 price point, but for me, for right now, Keurig is still the King in my eyes.
on February 27, 2015
This extremely problematic coffeemaker is attractive and has an especially small footprint. I purchased 2 from Amazon and both stopped working within months of purchase. I used vinegar and water to try to induce the faulty units to work, but to no avail. The worst of the experience was dealing with Kitchenaid customer service for the free warranty replacement. Kitchenaid is so nice on the phone. They speak good clear english and sound intelligent. I got screwed over royally and had to communicate multiple times with Kitchenaid in order to get the unit replaced.
On both occasions when I called Kitchenaid, Kitchenaid claimed that the units I purchased from Amazon were several years old and I had to prove I bought them from Amazon which I did.
Beware of the problems you can expect to encounter if you buy this Coffee maker. The coffee maker may quit workiing within months and you may have a nightmare of a time trying to get Kitchenaid to honor the warranty.
on January 2, 2015
This is my second one of these coffee makers. As there is only one of us in our household who drinks coffee. It is perfect for us--WHEN IT WORKS! The first one lasted only six months before malfunctioning. To my surprise, I found the Kitchen Aid Customer Service Department to be very difficult to work with to get a replacement under their warranty. I have not received anything yet, nor any written acknowledgement, just a verbal over the phone. Since they are so slow, I purchased another one for our summer home and will use it at home until if, and when, Kitchen Aid honors their warranty.
When it is working, it is simple and quick, and brews great coffee. I especially like the travel mug. The 3 star rating is really about how Kitchen Aid treats their customers, as the coffee maker itself is great.
on November 10, 2014
Have been trying so many different coffee machines. The Italian stove-top espresso machine (OK), Nespresso (too expensive and not very good), french-press (good), other drip (not so good). Never really found anything I liked over a longer term. Until this little one. I was looking for a small machine, drip, and for one person. This does that and is extremely easy to use. I use the permanent filter that comes with the machine, serves well. Tried different makes of coffee: Illy is probably my favorite so far. It makes the right amount for me for morning coffee and it comes out piping hot (I use the covered cup that comes with the machine and have never had any problems with what some refer to as plastic taste).
on April 1, 2015
This is the BEST! I ordered it for me and then again as a gift for a friend. You fill the permanent filter with 2-4 scoops of coffee, fill up your travel mug with water and pour into the top of the machine, put your travel mug under the dispenser (WITH THE LID ON!) and hit the brew switch. In <5 minutes you have fresh brewed coffee all set to go in your travel mug! Anyone with a Keurig should consider replacing it with this machine. No Kcups clogging your local garbage dumps! LOVE IT!
on April 25, 2014
As a single person, I like a fresh cup of coffee but hate to make a pot, only to throw out the left-overs or drink day-old microwaved coffee. First, the water tank is very difficult to see through to know the water level. That's about the only issue I have. Fortunately, a .5 liter bottle of water works just great and I don't have to measure. (I use the 3M Water Station and fill four 16 oz. bottles at a time, then use them to fill the water tank. Commercial bottled water is the same size.) The coffee tastes good, brews quickly, and if you use the insulated mug supplied, is ready to take to your car. Unlike most stainless mugs that can't go in the microwave, the plastic liner of this mug comes out so that you can re-heat if need be. A bonus is that the footprint of this brewer is smaller than a regular coffee maker so it takes up less of that valuable counter-top space. I am very happy with this purchase.
on June 9, 2016
A little too 'thin' for my taste. I prefer press pot coffee but the mess makes it barely worth the effort. The KA cone filter is so effective that no matter how strong I make the coffee the results are watery. That said, I use it daily, struggling to change my tastes. Meh.
on December 17, 2013
I needed a replacement for another brands personal coffee maker that died recently. I wanted a small personal unit that would take the tall 20 oz. cups I prefer for my morning coffee consumption. Decided on this brand as it seemed to fit the bill, plus it was Amazon Prime eligible with fast delivery (can't function without my morning coffee). So far no problems and once I adjusted the amount of coffee to put in the filter it makes a good cup. I like the fact that I can use paper filters or the included gold wire filter, I had a supply of #2 filters from my previous coffee maker to use up.

My only peeve so far is that the transparent, removable water reservoir is so dark it makes it difficult read the water level in it. It would have been better if it had a flip open top like my last one that let you pour water in and see the water level through the open top. I am waiting to see if any of the other reported problems surface. Would give it five stars except for the water reservoir reading issue I mentioned.