5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Little Gadget
I recently purchased this food chopper, and I just love this thing. I had been using a food chopper from Pampered Chef and was never satisfied with that one. It was uncomfortable to use and too light for the task. In two years, I had replaced parts three times.
Published on April 9, 2004 by Joan

2.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Food chopper
Published on December 2, 2010 by Janet D. Parks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Little Gadget, April 9, 2004
Joan "JordanJoan" (Lawrenceburg, Kentucky USA) - See all my reviews
This chopper, although smaller, is heavier and much more durable. The large plunger is indeed quite comfortable and it chops like a dream. Perfect for those quick meals or small chopping projects. And as an added bonus, I could find a color that matched my kitchen.
This chopper is wonderful and well worth the small price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time saver, September 22, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Black (Kitchen)
I love this chopper! It saves me so much time... I can chop onions, garlic and peppers in a flash! It's also good for chopping nuts and chocolate. I've even made salsa in it.

2.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Food chopper, December 2, 2010
I have to admit...I expected more from KitchenAid....this chopper does not chop nearly as well as I thought it would ....food has to be peeled or trimmed just so in order for chopper to do it's job properly and that causes the whole process to be very time consuming....defeats the purpose of using it....and cleaning the blade adequately is difficult and aggravating.....I mustn't be doing something right regarding the cleaning of this item as I am surprised at the high ratings others have given it.....for the price it is cheap.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid Pro Food Chopper, November 27, 2010
Therese Giles (MIDDLEBURY, VT, US) - See all my reviews
I previously had a Zylis food chopper which worked well but the plastic frame fell apart after years of use. I purchased this Kitchen Aid one, thinking it would be comparable. It is not a very good chopper. It often sticks when vigorously chopping and it does not chop that well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, March 24, 2011
A. Painter (Los Angeles, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This product was purchased based on reading other reviews for this particular product as well as similar product reviews. I generally like KitchenAid brand products, and when you add the word Pro to the title, while you just expect something more. I found chopping onions rather cumbersome -- you have to slice them no more than 1/4" and then halve or quarter them so they will fit inside the container. Not any faster than chopping by hand; by hand I would have been able to dice them finer. On the positive side, it comes apart easily and cleans up in the dishwasher, and I like the color (although it costs more). Overall it's just OK.

2.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Food Chopper, January 8, 2007
I couldn't get this to chop 1/4 of a pre-chopped onion. The onions kept getting lodged between the blades.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level chopper, May 17, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Black (Kitchen)
Wish I had more to say about this product. It's not too bad for chopping up stuff like garlic, peppers and onions, I like it well enough. It tends to 'crush' onions a bit, but it slices through peppers and garlic pretty well. If I'm cutting cloves of garlic, this really shines because it separates the garlic from the skin fairly easily, without require you to peel beforehand.

This has a small 'container' on the bottom of it that catches the food that you're chopping. If you prefer to chop on a cutting board, it also functions well. All you need to do is remove the black cover and chop right on the board. I enjoy having both options for different circumstances.

This product cleans up fairly easily, taking only a few steps to take it apart. I do find that cleanup it still its biggest downside, however, as it is still always easier to clean a knife than it is to clean a chopper. More often than not I find that I still use a knife for chopping things up, unless I'm making a very large batch.

I recommend this product as a cheap experiment with choppers. Despite the price it seems to be one of the better models. It's well constructed and well designed, and if you decide that you want to stick with a knife instead you haven't spent too much money.

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Food Chopper, September 3, 2012
I had a Pampered Chef food chopper for many years, but it finally broke. I thought I'd try the KitchenAid food chopper. It works okay, but not as well as the Pampered Chef one. The blades don't rotate without help, and it seems flimsier, not as sturdy.

1.0 out of 5 stars First one sucked, so I returned it for a better one, July 11, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Black (Kitchen)
First one didnt spin every time, then eventually didnt spin at all. So far the new one works pretty well.

Update: Second one worked awesome for about 4 weeks, then it stopped spinning as well. The product is terrible quality. I would stay away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after only a few uses..., May 20, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Black (Kitchen)
My wife could not figure out how to use this on her own. Once if figured it out and we got the blades to rotate it worked once or twice and then broke. since then we have managed to use it but it still doesn't do the job we want. Finally on the 5th or 6th time the top push handle completely broke. I wish I could find the one my dad has as it has lasted them years and works great. This was a complete waste of money.

KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Black