1,262 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, this is DA BOMB
We went with the white/"meringue" mixer (would have preferred light green "jadite", but such is not available). Works great! Now granted, as with any piece of machinery--including your car--you must learn the in's and out's. Before purchasing, I printed out all the reviews you see here and the product description, and studied all this information. Then after purchasing, I...
Published on May 27, 2005 by Drake-by-the-Lake

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your pennies for a better mixer
My wife bought me this mixer as a Christmas present. It was to be an upgrade from my trusty old 4.5 quart KitchenAid mixer I've had for almost twenty years. This new one doesn't deserve to wear the KitchenAid name.

On the weekends I bake bread and bagels. Old trusty can plow through 5 or 6 batches of bagel dough without a problem. The new "pro" model can't...
Published on March 29, 2008 by Stephen A. Hamm

‹ Previous | 115 16 17127 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars so far, so good., December 31, 2011
both me and my wife have wanted a kitchenaid mixer pretty much since we got married 11 years ago since we both do a fair amount of cooking & baking.We also wanted the Kitchenaid because it's all metal and still made in the USA. Since we have never had a stand mixer, I can only critique what i know. Our first thing we made was a double batch of sausage balls for a church thanksgiving dinner. It made very short work of it and was a hundred times easier than kneading by hand. We've made batches of cookies and some cakes and loved how well it mixed everything. It didn't seem that loud, but i have nothing to compare it to. Since Amazon had it on sale on Cyber Monday and they had a rebate on top of it made it too good a deal to pass up. In short we are very happy with the mixer so far and have no issues with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like My Mom's Old Mix-Master on Steroids!, December 13, 2011
Awesome mixer....first time I used it was to make a high density fruitcake and this machine did what it was supposed to do: it mixed the batter without much scraping the sides of the bowel; and when the thick fruits and nuts were folded in, it did a remarkable job of combining all ingredients....nice to have a product that does what it should out of the box!
One step in the process of assembly I missed was to 'lock in' the back of the bowel at the front of the column - the instructions stated that there might be some wobbling during operation if this isn't done; now this will be intuitive.
Next, banana bread!
The Cinnamon Gloss was a default color selection on cyber Monday; it looks like a piece of kitchen art!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 3, 2011
I bought the mixer on cyber Monday and finding it very good so far with the wheat dough that is what I am going to use my mixer most for. I made 6 cups of wheat dough. Another thing is although the serial number of the mixer I received from Amazon starts with W14, after opening up the screws I found that it has got metal gear housing. So, I am going to keep this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars No shield included. BUT great purchase !, November 29, 2011
In my haste to get the deal of the day price of 259$ PLUS 50$ rebate I did not notice the bowl shield WAS NOT included. I still have my trusty old K.A. epicurean stand mixer.... ( which had 12 years of use) so I had a shield to use (the old mixer shield fit the new one)! The shield is a 20$ plus purchase...but feel that this absence of the shield should be duly noted by future purchasers of this mixer.

I am thrilled with my purchase overall. and the price is now 429.00 I saved 224$.. at amazon.com

UPDATE: December 1st..the rebate DOES apply to this and the cinnamon mixers purchased on Nov. 28th

Per Kitchen aid the SHIELD does NOT come with this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Mixer, November 28, 2011
I love this mixer! Plenty of power and very easy to use! Makes a bit of noise, but it has 575w, so it's to be expected!
Cleans up easy and looks very nice on counter if that's where you keep it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Mixer, August 3, 2011
I upgraded from a 5 quart Kitchenaid because I was wanted more power for kneading bread dough. This mixer has it, and the power comes in handy for all the attachments. The only downside is it is less efficient at smaller batches. I have had to double up in my cookie recipies, etc., in order for them to be well mixed. I am giving it 5 stars, however, because it is not the mixer's fault I didn't take into account processing smaller batches. It does what it claims to and excels at double batches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 18, 2011
I really love my mixer. I have the pro 600 and a classic from back when. I use both, the smaller one for light work, the larger for my gluten-free baking. I really needed the power it delivers. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that, like everyone else say's, Kitchen Aid really needs to make the paddle and dough hook out of stainless steel. I hope someday they will make them for this mixer and offer an upgrade to us. I love the fixed head for heavy work. The tilt-head twists and can't handle the hard work. THe bowl is solidly fixed in place and the ease of use is awesome. The wider bowl makes adding ingredients easier, and I never use the pouring shield. I would recommend this mixer to anyone who does a lot of baking, but not for the light cook. Also, it's not that much larger space-wise than the tilt head, but it is a little taller and wider. Very heavy, so don't plan on moving it around all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars I made the right decision., January 16, 2011
I purchased the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6 Qt Stand Mixer in Caviar Gloss in December 2010 and "love it!" I've had the Kitchen Aid 5 Qt since the early 80's which is still running strong. I make a lot of bread and wanted more flour capacity above the 8-9 cups of the 5 Qt.

In my decision to purchase the KA Professional 6 Qt, I weighed the negative reviews of the noise, overheating, and the inability to handle 9 cups of flour. Yes, the KA Pro 6 Qt is louder than the 5 QT but something I would expect with more power. I had absolutely no problem with the Pro overheating or having difficulty handling 9 plus cups of flour.

I want to thank the reviewer who recommended the dark colored mixers as it is easier to see areas that you may not have seen if it was white as my 5 Qt is. In regards to cleaning, I don't find it a problem to hand wash the attachments, ie., burnished spiral dough hook, burnished flat beater or the wire whip in hot sudsy water and dry immediately as they are not dishwasher safe. Even the stickiest of doughs wash off easily when you start your clean-up. I would definitely recommend this mixer to family and friends.

I purchased this from Amazon with "Free Shipping" and had this product in my home in two days. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacing worm gear just over 1 yr old, January 1, 2011
Purchased mixer for Christmas last year. Make 3 loaves of bread 1 to 2 times a week. 3 loaves is max....and the worm gear finally destroyed itself. This is 2nd Kitchen Aide mixer and the assumption at time of purchase is this would be an upgrade from older smaller one. Despite marketing claims....no difference when it comes to bread.

Looks like its time for a Bosch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mixer EVER!, December 27, 2010
This is my 2nd KitchenAid mixer, I owned a lower model before which was great (I had owned it for 10 years & still worked when I upgraded to this model). I upgraded because this mixer is a workhorse. It can handle everything - pizza dough, cookie dough, bread dough, and still beat egg whites beautifully.
I have now owned this mixer for 3 1/2 years & it has NEVER let me down. You can't go wrong with a KitchenAid Mixer & if you can afford this model, you won't be sorry. It can do it all.

‹ Previous | 115 16 17127 | Next ›