5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 19 months ago by Dotti

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 8, 2013
Dotti (New Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchenaid Hand Blender 2 Speed Stainless Steel Empire Red (Kitchen)
I am a loyal Kitchen Aid fan, and have almost all of their countertop appliances. I have always been impressed with their customer service. However, I bought this immersion blender a little over a year ago, and TWICE the part that attaches the blender section to the motor section has cracked. They replaced it the first time, but this time, because it's out of warranty I would have to buy the replacement part at the same cost as buying this entire one new. Prior to this safety issue, it worked well and I really liked it. This is my first disappointment with a Kitchen Aid product, but this particular blender does not warrant anything more than 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 27, 2012
I love this immersion blender! I had a small HB plastic blender to mix protein drinks rather than haul out the big blender. It did the job, but was flimsy. This KitchenAid immersion blender comes with a large cup with rubber on the botton to prevent slipping on the counter, and is large enough for mixing the protein drinks, and wide enough that the immersion blender does not toss any of the contents. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars love, August 13, 2013
Love the red and love the immersion blender. Great for soups and other things. Easy to clean and easy to store away

2.0 out of 5 stars Some serious design flaws, March 1, 2014
Mendi K Antisdel (Juneau, AK United States) - See all my reviews
Pros: The stick and head are metal, so, they won't melt. They also come off for cleaning. Surprisingly quiet.

Cons:
The button has to be held down for the blade to turn, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to do. The button has a very small sweet spot and it's housed in a thick rubber band. I have to hold down the button with enough force that the nailbed on my right thumb turns white and my hand starts to shake after less than 30 seconds. In the time it takes to make mayo, I have to change the finger I am using, the hand I am using, and eventually steady it with both hands, a major inconvenience when I need an extra hand, then, to pour in the oil. I ended up taking an x-acto knife and cutting the cover off. I place a bread bag over it when I use it to keep it from getting disgusting but, seriously, a terrible design.

The stick comes off for cleaning but it also comes off during use. Tap it on the side of the jar to get the last of the sauce and woops! Off it comes.

The jar that comes with it is a perfect size for blending. The lid is a great idea except that it barely even stays on the jar, nevermind creating a seal. It's so loose, in fact, that it comes off as I am putting the jar in the fridge. I usually end up putting the bread bag I used to keep the blender clean on the jar with a rubber band. So stupid.

If I had tried this blender out in real life before I had bought it I would NEVER have purchased it. Having had stick blenders in the past and being an avid cook, I know what a good stick blender is like and this is not it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much perfect..., September 20, 2012
I love this blender! The only thing I'd change is having an on switch that didn't need to be held down. Otherwise, I've been using it for blending, mixing, and smoothing soups and LOVE how easy it is :)

5.0 out of 5 stars smoothies are a snap, January 1, 2014
I just received this for Christmas and have used almost daily since. I have been making smoothies almost daily and have also made a couple of milkshakes. At first, I was not locking it correctly into position and it kept coming apart when I was using it. Once I realized my error, I started using it correctly and have had no further issue with the blender coming apart during use. I have not put ice into any of my mixtures thus far, however I have used frozen fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) without any difficulty. Frozen berries, cut up banana and some homemade plain yogurt -YUM. Cleanup is quick and easy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not stay together, December 21, 2012
I just bought this blender at a retail store and I am pretty disapointed. I bought it to puree my sons baby food. I was making sweet potatoes and I had to use both hands to hold the mixer together while I was mixing because it kept detaching and I had to hold the button to blend. I wish the lock feature was better ( not just magnetic with a little twist)and you didn't have to hold the button down while you blended. I am bummed :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, August 26, 2014
I make homemade soaps and my old stick blender died on me. My husband ordered this one to surprise me. It works amazing! I work with a lot of oils and make large 5lbs batches of soap. But this little guy is a trooper. He blends all of my oils perfectly bringing them to trace. He's sturdy and doesn't overheat or make weird noises.

So as a soap maker: Thanks! This blender is my new best friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great blender!!!, July 10, 2014
Wonderful stick blender!! I use mine to make homemade Paleo mayo, to purée soups directly in the pot & for bulletproof coffee & it works wonderfully!!

My only complaint is it can be a bit difficult to keep the button depressed to keep the blender on, especially if you're moving the blender around while mixing. Other than that, I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, January 11, 2014
This is one of the best purchases I have made! It is so much more convenient to use than pulling out the big blender. And it is VERY powerful. I've used it to crush ice chips, fruit, etc to blend smoothies. Also, made tomato soup and pureed steamed veggies in the soup with this blender.