Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

• Customer Reviews

on February 5, 2011
Today I tried out this beater. It is fabulous. It fit like a charm into the mixer. I began making my cookies and used slow speed all the way to high and never once needed to stop the mixer to stir as I used to do. I highly recommend it. I purchased this one over the plastic because of the reviews of people that had issues with durability. I'm glad I waited. You won't be sorry if you buy this. My mixer is the Artisan KPS150.
0Comment184 of 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2011
I have used this beater twice now and both times I have appreciated it. It's great for creaming butter and sugar. No more stopping to scrape the bowl. And the instructions say you can put it in the dishwasher to clean, which I've done with no problems. I would buy this beater again.
0Comment117 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
After reading the reviews from those who received a beater in a plastic bag rather than the retail packaging when ordering from a third party seller here, I opted to order from another merchant (not Seneca River Trading) with fulfillment by Amazon since I am an Amazon Prime member and the beater wasn't available for direct purchase from Amazon. I thought that maybe, since Amazon is actually storing and shipping the product and nothing stated otherwise, that I would receive something in its original retail packaging as if I'd purchased it directly from Amazon... Mine also came in a Whirlpool FSP plastic bag, but Whirlpool does own KitchenAid. (I did check the extra info for the item from the other merchants offering the beater, and as of writing this, only one stated that the beater would be packaged in plastic bag rather than retail packaging.)

I ended up going to a brick & mortar store to buy the beater at its $29.99 retail price in order to compare the two. There are other listings on Amazon for the very same beater where it is clear you're getting the manufacturer's replacement part rather than something in retail packaging. These listings do use Whirlpool's replacement part number rather than the KitchenAid retail model number. I just wish other merchants would be more forthcoming with this information. If it's not in retail packaging, just say so. Regardless, for saving about 40% off the retail price, I don't miss the extra packaging.

That said, the beaters look and feel practically identical. (For those that are still suspicious, there are similar part and packaging numbers on the plastic bag packaging as well as the plastic shell holding the beater in the retail packaging and the retail box itself.) I have already used the beater I purchased here, and it seems just fine. In fact, it's great. The beater works just as it should. Every ingredient I had in the bowl incorporated easily, and I didn't have to scrape down the sides or bottom at all.
review image review image
22 comments155 of 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
I am an amatuer baker and sometimes have orders for up to 250 cupcakes and half a dozen cheesecakes in one weekend. This beater is a life saver! I have saved so much time not having to stop and scrap down the sides that I can now take more orders than ever before!! Don't hesitate, buy it!!
11 comment92 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2011
I chose this product over the metro style because it is a metal beater, not plastic. It works very well, cleaning the sides and getting the flour down in the bottom of the bowl. With the regular beater, I had to scrape the sides and dig into the bottom to be sure everything got mixed.
0Comment75 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2011
I bought this after reading the mixed reviews, and I have to say it is amazing! I had NO problem with batter being thrown out of the bowl and the sides and bottom were scraped down well. I appreciated not having to stop and scrape the bowl after each addition. As with everything I mix, I started with the lowest setting and worked my way up. Worth the money.
0Comment55 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2011
I LOVE this beater, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Well done KitchenAid, you have beaten the competition with you r long awaited version of a scraper paddle, and it is great. I'm now saving up for the ice cream attachment!!!
11 comment52 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
This is a test i am demonstrating to see which is the better beater blade. I hope this helps you decide.
3636 comments413 of 495 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2011
My two previous mixer beaters have had the enamel wear off or peal off. I decided to try this one as the tip of the beater doesn't exactly hit the bottom. The scraper looked interesting. I made cookie dough twice and was happy with the results. Now I am making cake batter. I don't think I will use it again for the batter. It is throwing the batter up to the top of the bowl at medium speed. If I let it continue I suspect half my batter would be on the table. I was hoping for a beater that did it all but it doesn't. It is to early to know how it will hold up. For the price tag I was really hoping this would be my final beater for my machine but it doesn't look like it. I love my KitchenAid mixer and would never think of throwing it out because the beaters need to be replaced every couple years. I use my mixer a lot so I guess it is part of the deal.
66 comments23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2011
I bought this beater for my new Artisan mixer. This beater threw batter all over and left a good deal of ingredients stuck to the sides and bottom of the bowl. I ordered the New Metro Beater Blade also offered through Amazon (and also costs less) and was completely satisfied. The New Metro blade mixed everything completely and I didn't even need the pouring shield. If you're looking for a beater blade pass up the Kitchen Aid and go for the New Metro. You won't be sorry.
55 comments39 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse