Kitchenaid Stand Up Mixers Are they made in the USA?
asked by Kathy Weir on November 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Good question...I also checked the box when I received it. The box says ASSEMBLED in the USA. Highly likely that the mixers are MADE in China and just assembled in the US - disappointing. My mixer bowl says it's made in Korea, which is fine by me as long as it's not China. I usually try to avoid anything made in China, but I really wanted this mixer :(
Cupcake808 answered on January 5, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Kitchenaid Mixers are all made in Ohio. They are personally manufactured by people, not robots. So, they are American Made for sure!
Mary.Cherry answered on June 9, 2012
Comments (4) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
SOMEONE please let me know if it is worth it to upgrade to a 600 series! I have an original (I think its a 3.5 or 4.5 qt.) Its a 350watt motor (I bought about 1990 and its a workhorse) but I have been wanting a larger model with more power as I thought I was "bogging down" the engine with heavy bread doughs. But I am concerned about all the negative comments regarding the 600 series. If it is no better than my 22 year old GOOD KA mixer. Is it worth it?? Or shall I just keep using my old one. I don't want too spend a ton of money on something that is not much better than what I have, I can't afford to take the chance in the investment. not enuff $$.
SOMEONE give me feedback pls...a frustrated confused baker needing genuine feedback in WVA.
karin C. James answered on April 4, 2012
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
After MUCH looking, researching, asking etc. I finally found the model 600KA that I was looking for. Metal housing, 14c capacity 575watts, w/ soft start. Read all the feedback then finally broke down and bought the one I wanted from O.com (2.95 s/h on a 31# item!!). Haven't gotten it yet but recommend their web site as it is very informative. If I experience any cons when I get and use this mixer, I will post ASAP.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be disappointed.
Karin C. James
baker in WV

Postscript:
after using it so far the only con is the auto shut off for the motor. My old one, which is actually only 300watts, will chug along for at least 20 min or more and NEVER stop. So why does a 575watt motor shut off after about 10min of kneading a wh/wh bread dough? I know they put the auto shut off to protect the motor, but I don't understand why its set to shut off after what I would call normal usage. Any comments or ideas? I DO find this a major disappointment and inconvenience. I don't want to be in the middle of baking and have to wait for the motor to cool down every 10 minutes.
Karin James
karin C. James answered on April 14, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. Every kitchenAid standup mixer in the world is built in Greenville Ohio.
Binny answered on July 26, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I dunno, but I'd get a Hobart that used to make the 1st Kitchenaid mixers. They are kinda pricey, but will last forever! The new ones are metal on the outside, but have plastic on the inside - the parts that matter! Hobarts are cast iron w/ metal parts.
Altmed answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Found this by searching...http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112620794, but still doesn't clarify WHERE the parts were made.
Tessa Noel answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
kp26m1psl vs. kp26m1xob
can anyone tell me if there are significant differences (in function, not color) between the two machines? i suspect the kp26m1p series is for amazon only but that is only a guess on my part. can anyone shed light?
thanks
Edward B. Altman answered on April 13, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2012 11:44:04 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product