4.0 out of 5 stars A good leather preservative at a reasonable price
Published on January 22, 2011 by A photographer

3.0 out of 5 stars Brown Lotion versus the White lotion
Published 6 months ago by Clifton W. Duggan

4.0 out of 5 stars A good leather preservative at a reasonable price, January 22, 2011
I've used this product under various brands for several decades. It does a good job in preserving and conditioning boots, shoes and leather jackets. As some other reviewer's indicated, it will darken some types of leather so it's a very good idea to test on a small area hidden area before applying to the whole shoe. This usually happens to unfinished leather, leather with a sueded finish, nubuck leather or leather with a poorly done factory finish. This may happen with some lighter colored leather but I've used it on white sneakers without any ill effects. I've also used it on light tan western boots that initially looked like they had gotten wet but, when the lotion dried, there was no discoloration at all. This preservative does not offer any water repellency and only mild gloss so take that into consideration.

There are numerous other leather care products out there that also work well. Some of them offer other benefits such as cleaning, water proofing and/of shining the leather surface. All of them cost a good bit more and may not be as universally available. This product formula has been sold for many years under various brands including KIWI, Cavalier, Justin and many others and has been called leather lotion, balm, renewer, etc. It has always been a reliable product at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
I cannot speak for how well this product works on light colored leathers, fancy shoes, etc. I bought it to use on an old pair of dark brown work boots that were looking and feeling worse for wear and ready to crack. After the first application, the leather felt a lot better. I've been applying this stuff to them about once a month since, and they've held up great. They still look like beat up old boots, but they no longer feel like they are about to fall to pieces. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for cleaning and adding a bit of moisture and life to your leather shoes, July 27, 2010
I've used this Kiwi Leather Lotion for nearly 10 years now, buying my first bottle just before going into college. I've used it on leather jackets, leather belts of all colors, leather shoes and even my car seat when I was in a pinch, and never once had any issue with staining or damaging products.

You'll need to get the excess dirt and grime off the leather item that you adding this to, then put a small dime size drop on a spare, CLEAN cloth (I used clean, old raggy t-shirts) and using small circles, work the lotion into the item. You'll need to let the item sit for a good minute or two to set, and then buff it out with a horse hair shoe or shine cloth. Not only does it help clean the shoe, it'll add moisture and give it a slight shine as well.. I've used this and then gone straight to shoe polish with no trouble what so ever.

Great stuff! It's a shame that it's not as easy to find as it was 10 years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brown Lotion versus the White lotion, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
This Kiwi Leather lotion came in the same type bottle as I have been accustomed to with local retailers but my previous purchases were filled with a white lotion. These two bottles that I purchased came in a brown lotion and haven't provided the same clean look to my boots as the white lotion did. The brown lotion works but not as well as the other so I wish I could find the bottle of the white lotion again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I found this Kiwi Leather Lotion!!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
I initially bought this to use on a pair of "pleather" shoes I've had for so many years! They were starting to "crack" across the top where the bend of my foot was. This product is safe to use on leather and leather-like products so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well -- I think those shoes were too far gone to save - seriously they are like 15 years old but such a cool bootie (looks like a cowboy boot when you wear jeans!!) I also used on my leather boots and shoes - various colors (red, black, rust, dark and light brown) and they all look great! Some of my boots are many years old and needed a little "boost" to bring them back to life again and this leather lotion did it! And didn't harm/fade the colors at all. Inexpensive and a little goes a long way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
This is a great product for using on exotic skin boots or leather furniture. It provides a nice shine and prolongs leather life.

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
a good leather lotion and getting hard to find. I was glad to get the stuff. it lasts a long time, a good value for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars paindoc, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
Great product to restore shoe leather and to help keep water from damaging the shoes. Easy to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars It may have helped, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Kiwi Leather Lotion, 7.5 fl oz (Automotive)
I cannot tell if it has helped that much but at any rate I applied it to my shoes and jacket for some basic protection and nourishment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, September 28, 2010
L. Lamoreau (Poland, ME United States) - See all my reviews
Based on various recommendations I started using this about a year ago and have had no problem with cleaning my black oxfords and cordovan penny-loafers. Works great and does soften up the leather nicely.

As for the other reviewers problems...the only thing I can think of is he didn't use this on 'finished' leather shoes...I can't imagine this stuff leaving spots.

Smells real nice too!