5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite fitteds!
Published on June 18, 2011 by R. Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great...
I love kiwi pie, but for some reason this one doesn't hold nearly as much as their newer fitteds. Still super cute tho!
Published 11 months ago by cjackord

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite fitteds!, June 18, 2011
I wish I had found these sooner. I love them! They're so, so, so soft! They're very absorbent too, so I let my boys just hang out in them without a cover (with the inserts in there) and nap in them (haven't tried overnight - use Sustainablebabyish for nights). The prints are too cute. They're made in America. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Highly recommend! Although the Amazon price currently listed is a few dollars more than everywhere else I've seen . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Diaper Ever!, October 16, 2012
I have tried a ton of different fitteds, pockets, AIOS, hybrids, flats, prefolds, and everything in between and these are my favorite diaper of all time. The prints are adorable, they are soft, made of bamboo (a highly sustainable resource) and in the USA, super absorbent, and just basically amazing.

I have been using these since DD was about 3.5-4 months old and she is now 13 months. They have never failed me. I have super hard water which is so bad and we had to give up on thicker fitteds and anything with fleece. We can only use these, prefolds, flats, and g diapers with folded prefolds or flats instead of g diapers inserts. The only reason we can use these is because the inserts come out and they rinse clean faster.

These have been a lifesaver on days when my toddler does not want to lay still long enough for me to wrap a flat around her and pin it on her with a Snappi and then put on a cover. She wants to go go go so these are perfect because I can just snap them on her while she's standing. I almost never use a cover with these because they are so absorbent and that way I know right when she's wet so I can change her.

These are good for nights because they are so absorbent, we have used them for that when she was smaller but she is a heavy wetter so now we are a using a Bumgenius 4.0 with 2-3 folded flats instead of the fleecy inserts and those are better for us because they can hold a bit more wee than these.

I LOVE the prints. Love them. The bight solids are so cute too. I have a little girl but I have even bought some of the more 'boyish' prints because they are so adorable. We have Chickadee, City Scape, Ooga Booga, Galaxy, Groovy, and Jungle. People on ebay are crazy about kiwi pie prints so they have a high resale value if you take good care of them, which another incentive to invest in these rather than less expensive fitteds.

These are SUPER soft and my girl is comfortable in them. They don't impede her movement like some other, more bulky fitteds. I love the more durable snaps rather than the velcro, even if it does like a second or two longer to put them on. Also now that DD is eating big girl food and having big girl poos I appreciate the smoother fabric because it makes it easier to shake/scrape solids into the toilet.

One thing to know about this diaper is NEVER to bleach it. We had a yeast attack a few months back and I used everything there is to try to kill it but nothing would, and we had to resort to bleach. Unfortunately it ruined one of the Kiwi Pies and now its a diaper for DD's baby doll. It got holes all over it. If you get yeast on a Kiwi Pie the best thing to do is try everything but bleach to kill it, and if that still doesn't work try to use smallest possible amount of bleach instead of doing what I did in a moment of desperation and dumping a huge amount in the wash and then rinsing for 2 days to make it all come out. (I was sleep deprived. Give me a break.)

I completely agree with the other poster who said they would replace their entire stash with Kiwi Pie if they could. I would too. I wish I had found these before trying any other diaper and wasting all that money. I just wish they made these in a larger size because my toddler will be grown out of hers soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trim, stretchy perfect fit, January 24, 2012
Love this fitted diaper. It is so cute it is a shame to cover it up but this diaper is great&absorbent enough to wear without cover for short times of 1hrs. This is able to make a perfect fit with the stretchy material they use and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper, March 29, 2014
The husband's perspective: When my wife said she wanted to go with cloth, I thought she was crazy. Having tried it, I'm so glad we did. The inconvenience is minimal, but the savings are significant (as long as you or your wife doesn't decide to go crazy and start ordering more diapers than you need). I picked this one out myself, and it works very well. It gets us through the night without leaks, and night time is the most difficult. This is one of the first that we've used that has worked well at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Kiwi Pie Fitteds, September 18, 2013
I absolutely love these fitted diapers for overnight. I dislike the new prints GroVia has but the older one's are adorable. I also prefer the bamboo material on these opposed to the micro-modal material on the newer version.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great..., August 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Kiwi Pies!, July 26, 2013
kimberleena (davis, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiwi Pie One Size Fitted Diaper - Groovy (Baby Product)
These diapers are adorable (kinda sucks that they get covered up!) and work fabulous for us! We use these for overnight diapers for our 4 month old, with either a flip cover or a bummis cover. We have never had a leak, and he goes about 12 hours in these babies. They are soaked when we change him, but we have yet to have any irritation issues with them. I also had a hemp doubler just because he sleeps so long in one. I prefer the older kiwi pies (before they became Grovia kiwi pies)--they seem softer and don't leave red marks on him like my one grovia kiwi pie does. The only down side, if you are machine drying them, they take a LONG time to dry (in our dryer, at least).

2.0 out of 5 stars To me not one size, April 2, 2013
All of my one size fitteds have a fold over rise or 3 sizes in a snap down feature. This has only 2 snap down rise options. My little one who is a 6 mos old preemie (so the size of a 3/4 mos old) with skinny legs doesn't fit into it yet. Since it doesn't snap down enough it will have to wait.... I don't know about the absorbency but it feels nice. Doesn't wear well. 3 washes and it's super faded and very pilly. But it was free for me so I'm ok with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitted diaper, February 4, 2013
The Kiwi Pie One-Size Fitted Bamboo Diaper Velour Slate is very absorbent, super soft, and fits well. I wish that Kiwi Pie continued to make these diapers. I like bamboo and other natural fibers, such as cotton and hemp, for their absorbency and breathability. This goes great with a wool cover for "air time" and even with the regular TPU covers by Gro-Via or Thirsties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 22, 2013
When used in conjunction with our Grovia system, this diaper has become a fail-safe, amazing night diaper. It is literally just as good, if not better, than a disposable in working all night for my 12 hour sleeper.

I couldn't ask for any more.

Kiwi Pie One Size Fitted Diaper - Groovy