Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Klean Kanteen Coffee Set Wide Mouth Insulated Bottle w/ 2 Caps (Stainless Loop Cap and Cafe Cap) - Brushed Stainless 20 oz.
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 15, 2012
Reveiw for the stainless steel finish 20oz dual cap.
I ordered this through the Klean Kanteen website. The price was a bit jarring even after I used a coupon from RetailMeNot.com I was worried it wasn't going to be all that it was hyped up to be. I live on the east coast. They ship from the west cost but it only took 5 business days for me to get it. Upon opening the package I was delighted to see that I could recycle all the packaging.
This morning I made my coffee in my french press, poured it into my cup at 6:30am, and put the loop cap(for portabilty reasons) on it. I got to work at 7am, switched to the cafe cap, and proceeded to enjoy my coffee. I didn't alway close the cap after sipping and 20oz of coffee lasted me until right before noon. Guess what?! That last swig was still warm. Not lukewarm it was actually warm.
I shook it, tipped it, and threw it in my messenger bag with no issue. Loopcap is spillproof. Cafe cap is not spillproof but that is clearly marked on the packaging and the cafe cap will prevent against a massive spill that you would get from a disposable cup. It fits in the cup holder of my Versa.

I love it and I think it is well worth the price.

***Update***
I have been using this for over a week now and it comes with me everywhere. The thing I love about it is you don't have to temper it. Meaning I don't have to fill it with hot liquid prior to putting coffe in it to ensure it maintains the temperature. I pour my morning coffee straight into it and have coffee until noon. Then I rinse it and fill it with water from the water cooler or tea from the fridge and it keeps it cold without any ice for the next several hour. I used to throw away halfdrunk cups of coffee and fountain drinks because once they lost the temperature they were supposed to be served at they tasted bad to me. This cup has eradicated that issue. My fluid intake it up up up. I drink almost 20oz (1 canteen) of coffee and at least 40oz(2 canteens) of water a day.
on March 7, 2012
I wanted a container I could fill with water to have some with me at work. I searched around and found the Klean Kanteen brand. They were getting strong reviews and I decided to go ahead and grab one. I am not disappointed. The insulated Klean Kanteen is perfect for my purposes and it keeps my water cold all day long. I filled it with ice water the first day and the ice remained in tact for at least 12 hours. I filled it with water and left it in the fridge over night to take with me the next day. The water was nice and cold all day. No sweating through the mug on either day. The finished stainless steel is a nice touch on the outside, although if you have oily fingers you might leave fingerprints, not a big deal though. I haven't tried anything hot yet, but if you're looking to keep something cold, this will do it.
on July 28, 2015
So I was recommended this kanteen by my brother who has used this for a year or two. I bought this kanteen for three reasons.
1. To keep water cold
2. Durability
3. Easy cleaning/no transfer of taste

For the most part this thing delivers!! I work outside and I have found that it keeps ice water cold throughout an entire day, even if you leave this thing out in the baking sun. For me, this makes this thing a win. It has been super easy to clean, and for the most part does not transfer flavors.

I love both caps included, the lanyard cap keeps water colder and lets me transport easier during the workday, while the sip cap is great for coffee or water at home.

The only fault I have found with this thing (and its minor) is I knocked it one star for durability. My kanteen (and my brothers) have developed dings in the steel bottom. (see attached picture) This doesn't impact functionality, mainly aesthetics. The other fault I have found is that I do not believe the 20oz model actually takes a full 20oz of liquid. 16oz fills this thing just above the interior lip, 20oz would probably be overflowing the kanteen completely. Again, these are minor gripes, overall this thing does what I need it to.
review image
on November 8, 2011
I love Kleen Kanteen products for water, and when I found this for hot drinks, I ordered one immediately. I have never regretted it, and use it pretty much every single day for my green tea habit. I carry Tazo Zen around in my pocket at all times, and all I need to do is add hot water.

I also use this as a water bottle that I can fill at a cooler -- works great. I have even used it as a protein shake mixer -- unlike other Kleen Kanteen bottles, the wide mouth allows a wire shaker ball to fit perfectly, and one can mix a shake in a stainless steel container without worrying that a shake that sits for a bit (or an uncleaned bottle after the shake is consumed) will soak into a plastic bottle wall and permanently make it smell sour. Like any other stainless steel product, it doesn't absorb smells and tastes, and can be thoroughly cleaned when desired.

Again, I can't function without it. I'd give up every other water bottle, coffee cup/container, or protein shaker -- but not this insulated bottle.

If there is a "problem," it is that the insulation is so effective that it keeps hot drinks almost unbearably hot for a very long time. When kept tightly sealed with the loop cap, it can hold very hot temperatures for an hour or longer. I tend to leave a little room at the top to add a little cool water to my tea to put it at a comfortable drinking temperature, especially since I use green tea as a way of staying hydrated during the day and fending off hunger urges. It keeps the temperatures so hot that it is difficult to do anything but slowly sip the tea.
on January 19, 2012
This review will be short and sweet.

I was looking for a bottle that would keep my coffee hot well into the morning. As a test, I ran some hot water through my espresso machine and poured it into the Klean Kanteen. I set it on the counter for a couple hours. When I went back to it and stuck my finger in, thinking it would be lukewarm at best, I burned the tip of my finger.

I love my Klean Kanteen and only worry about losing it somewhere.
on June 1, 2012
This Klean Kanteen is great. It is my third one and my first insulated one for my coffee. It works great at keeping my coffee hot for about 3 hours and warm for a long time after that. The Cafe cap is great to drink from but I wish there was some sort of loop so I can carry it from the same lid.

Be careful when carrying it around with the cafe cap on. Just like it says it is not spillproof with that lid and I found out quickly. It spills with that lid pretty easily with a light shake but in my car cup holder I have zero problems. It's not that bad but if you're really worried about it you do have the solid cap as well.

I like this product a lot. It does what I wanted it to and I plan on having it for many years to come.

The packaging was lacking and I got this with a dent in the bottom. It sits level but i was a little dissapointed that it was packaged just in a box, not a box in a box. I didn't take any stars off because it's going to be going through a lot more abuse with me. I am rough on my toys but still expect it to last.
on July 11, 2012
I was looking for something easy to clean, durable, and good looking. This is even sexier in person than it is in the photos. They've paid extra attention to making it easily cleanable, good for the environment, etc. And it does a great job keeping things cold. Very happy!
on August 1, 2011
This canteen keeps beverages cold (or hot) for a long time. However, the Cafe Cap leaks and drips even when you're just drinking as normal. I didn't expect it to be like my Contigo containers, which I can shake, turn upside down, etc without leaking or dripping. However, even when I'm just taking a sip from it, the sides drip and leak. If you're going to drink directly from the canteen (no lid), then this would be fine. If you are like me and prefer something between your mouth and the metal container, know that you'd better wear a bib.
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2012
We have used Kleen Kanteens for a long time. We love them. We decided to see if this insulated one would keep things colder even better. It does! I filled my Kleen Kanteen with ice and water at 6:45 a.m. Then I drove to a mud run. The temperature in the car where the Kanteen was, probably got to 80. It was a cloudless sunny day with temps in the low 70's outside. The Kanteen sat in the car for about four hours before I got in and drove home. At 3 p.m. I was still sipping ice cold water from it with chunks of ice in it. The only downside to this Kanteed is that it is recommended hand wash and the wide mouth stainless steel cap is not dishwasher safe. But that's a small price to pay for having ice cold water all day when you go on an excursion!
on November 12, 2012
I love Klean kanteens because they are stainless and are not coated with any weird chemicals but they sweat everywhere if you put cold drinks in them. This bottle solves that problem and the coffee top is great for hot drinks too. I bought on for my sister for her birthday. I recommend getting the plain stainless color because the paint sometimes chips off the outside if you get a colorful one.