Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Silver|Change

on March 18, 2013
Encasing my water without plastics seemed really tempting, so I bought this cap to replace a chipping, plastic one. A couple points knocked down my appreciation.

1. I wish Klean Kanteen, or other authorized resellers of their products would offer these caps when originally purchasing bottles. I would not mind initially spending a little extra for the option to have just one cap I want as opposed to replacing another, which means wasted materials for shipping and for producing a cap that now just collects dust. That being said, Klean Kanteen does offer a bottle with a matching bamboo-metal cap, but the bamboo just couldn't stand up to my demanding life.

2. The cap is a little shorter and offers a little less threading than its plastic counterpart. In order to avoid sudden leaking in your bag, you really have to crank the top - no lackadaisical twisting when you're trying to multi-task. I have learned my lesson.

Despite these slight nuisances, I'm mostly please with my new cap: the all-over-silver look my bottle now has is stunning. I am comfortable with admitting that I appreciate this cap more because of the cohesion it brings to my water bottle than its function. It is industriously chic.
on May 7, 2015
I am writing this review for anyone who is considering using this with a Hydro Flask 12 oz Standard Mouth Vacuum Insulated, Stainless Steel Water Bottle (HF) standard mouth bottle. The HF loop cap is incredibly large and unattractive. It is also made out of plastic, so if you are one of those people who don't like that, then it's a deal breaker. The Hydroflask Stainless Steel Cap reportedly suffers from numerous problems like water leakage and so forth.

This all-SS cap Klean Kanteen fits the Hydro Flask standard mouth perfectly, creating a leakproof seal. It makes the bottle look significantly better at the same time. Highly recommended.
review image
on February 28, 2016
My excitement was quickly diminished when I noticed that the cap after one use began rusting below the o-ring seal. Although I wasn't too concerned about ingesting the water it did give the water a very metallic taste. This made me wonder what kind of quality assurance Klean Kantine has in place to catch this sort of thing or maybe its just sub-par manufacturing from China.
review image review image
on April 12, 2013
I cant help but feel just a little ripped off, but I use my Kanteen in the office every day and it looks very sharp. If camping, you can fill the Kanteen with hot water, wrap in in a shirt and put it in the bottom of your sleeping bag to help keep warm, knowing that this cap is solid, seals well, and will not pop off from internal heat pressure.
on March 22, 2014
I love Klean Kanteen. I bought this to replace my sports cap on my 1 liter stainless steel bottle so I could feel more comfortable using it to boil water while camping. (Because, why not?) Also my sports cap started to make an odd squeaking sound like a squirrel chirping when I drank from it.

I can confirm there were no small rodents in my water bottle.

In any case this cap is a good buy. Well made, does the trick.
on April 18, 2014
I bought this because I like the idea of no plastics, though I've never had a problem with the plastic lid of the kk - but this is my first foray into the non-insulated and I admit that part of me wanted the spiffy look of this cap vs the plastic. The plastic is hollow inside and I wonder how that will collect funk long term since it takes an act of congress to get me to wash my water bottle. However, I have to admit I'm using the plastic cap now. If you are like me and you grab the bottle around the neck with one finger in the hole you will understand. The loop on this cap isn't big enough for my finger and it's a little rough around the edges for a finger. I realize it's designed for a clip, I'm just telling it as my experience is. The cap itself is really nice looking and well made and I had no issues with leaking or threading. Also it's hollow, but not open. So underneath the part that touches your water is solid. I wish the loop was a tad bit bigger - I like the aesthetic/shape.
on November 5, 2013
Nice replacement for the original plastic cap. Does not leak at all which is great, the only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because I wish the opening on top of the cap was a bit larger. I have a hard time stuffing my fat finger in there to carry it; it's not imposiible, but uncomfortable. I still prefer this cap over the original plastic cap. I would recommend this to a friend.
on November 15, 2013
These lids do not work on all Klean Kanteen bottles. They seem to work on the shorter ones, but always leak with the 27 ozers. I should not have purchased these.
on March 11, 2016
Awesome Item, this is replacing my sports cap. I needed something more leak proof. Sometimes the sports cap tip may pop open and leak. This is exceptionally leak proof; I tested it when I got home. It didn't even leak when it wasn't tightly screwed on! I also like that there is no plastic touching my water; except maybe the plastic/silicon ring does, but imo that is nominal.
on October 11, 2012
I must be crazy spending 10 bucks on a water bottle cap. Imagine how many poor kids I could have fed.

I really like the "industrial" look of the cap since it is all stainless steel except for a silicone gasket. The cap is easy to clean since it has neither deep screw threads nor crevices for gunk to hide in. Being all metal, the cap will produce metal to metal squeaking when opening the bottle. Finally, I think that the cap is designed so that the handle could be used to open a beer bottle. Unfortunately, like high-heeled shoes, the cap looks nice but is a bit annoying to use.

The handle opening on the cap is very narrow so it is hard for me to use two fingers to carry this bottle. Thick fingered men, apes, and women with "man hands" will only be able to slip one finger under the handle. When using a larger KK bottle (e.g. 1 liter) filled with water, it can get heavy and painful to carry using only one finger.

KK should have made a larger opening for the handle. Furthermore, this cap should have been included with the original bottle instead of the cheaper plastic one they gave me.
44 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse