5.0 out of 5 stars Best water bottle ever. Period.
I have a problem with water bottles...I buy too many! I always find one that is better than the last one and then I simply MUST buy it. I've had so many water bottles in the past ten years that my husband started to make me throw out the old ones to make room for the new ones (he'd rather I didn't buy anymore but he's the best so he lets me).

To name a few...
Published 21 months ago by Katherine Slater

3.0 out of 5 stars looks over function.
It's sexy, but my water tastes a little metallic. Also, wish the lid was dishwasher safe.
Published 4 months ago by powpowpow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best water bottle ever. Period., March 24, 2013

To name a few (these are my most recent ones):
1. Camelbak Groove
2. Camelbak Eddy
3. Camelbak Better Bottle
4. Kor Delta Hydration Vessel
5. Thermos Sipp
6. Contigo West Loop
7. Contigo Madison
8. Contigo Kids Trekker (I tried out a smaller water bottle)
9. Mighty Mug
10. Brita Water Bottle

...Enter the Klean Kanteen Reflect!

I was looking for a sturdy water bottle that was easy to carry and was somewhat customizable...and maybe also eco-friendly. The Klean Kanteen had all those and more!

1. It's stainless steel so it can take a good beating
2. There are several different types of lids to fit your needs
3. There's the bottle and the lid -- nothing else -- less parts = less of a chance of breaking
4. No nasty plastic taste -- this was a big deal to me
5. Reflect is laser-etched -- no stickers or paint that can chip or come off in the future
6. Nice slim profile so it's not like I'm carrying a bag phone
7. Bamboo cap is leak-proof and can easily be attached to anything with a carabiner or s-biner
8. The sports cap 3.0 makes it easy to drink one-handed (they say it's not leak-proof but mine hasn't leaked yet, just make sure it's closed)

All in all this is the best water bottle I've purchased and I cannot find anything wrong with it whatsoever.
If you're looking for a totally eco-friendly bottle to quench your thirst BUY THIS ONE! The Reflect version is only three materials -- stainless steel, silicone and bamboo! Now that's a tiny footprint.
If you're looking for a good water bottle that will stand the test of time, not make your water taste bad and one that you can switch out lids this is the one for you! I wish I could give it way more than 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice if you happen to drink water, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Reflect Bottle with Bamboo Cap (Sports)
I got this for my wife, who drinks water as needed, for her birthday. She requested a size like this and 'no plastic top' she yelled. That's what we got. But she can't open and close it at will because of the chalkboard sound it makes. I found a fix that she likely doesn't use, but may help you if you own one or are thinking of getting into water drinking.

It is very easy to do so when you screw the lid on because you are saving your water for later. Conversely, if you take it off to drink some water or put more water in it to drink later this trick is for you as well. So, ready? Cup your hand around the lid as a silencer and put pressure on the lid in whichever way you're screwing. It creates far less vibration, which is causing the noise genius, and the hand is able to catch a lot too. With this trick, the sound should not be an issue and is totes worth.

The end

4.0 out of 5 stars Klean Kanteen., June 16, 2014
Nice piece of well made and resilient equipment. The amount of embodied energy used in the manufacture does not make it a sustainable item but it's durability will

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes better with the sports cap!, October 27, 2014
I almost returned this because I noticed a metallic taste when I drank water, as other reviewers mentioned. I then switched out the screw cap for the sports cap and didn't notice it. I think it was the scent of the canteen rather than the canteen taste itself. I love this canteen. It is not insulated, however, so be aware that it does get quite cold on the outside and collects condensation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 15, 2014
In terms of durability, I can't say much since I didn't buy it for outdoor use. I use everyday for school and it's mostly on my desk in class or in my bag.

It's perfect if you don't intent to put hot liquids inside. Warm might be risky. This is because there's no thermal function to this bottle.

Where I live, it's hot and humid so most of the time, a cold drink is very much welcomed. Since the bottle is made of just steel and no vacuum space to keep heat in, the body of the bottle gets cold very easily, so this is a very comforting and cooling feeling.

This company does however a thermal model, just not in the reflect range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Excellent and safe water carrier, good for all occasions!

4.0 out of 5 stars heavy lid, June 24, 2014
I bought this because I didn't want plastic touching my water, due to the estrogen mimics in plastic, even plastic without BPA.
In that it succeeds.
There was no off taste, and I haven't had leakage problems.
This is great for around town, use in the car, etc.
OK for biking if you care more about avoiding plastic than weight.
However I would not use this when weight mattered a lot like backpacking. Not sure if I will use for hiking or not

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product for the most part, May 24, 2014
I can't complain about this product. It looks very sharp. The construction is well-made. I love the bamboo on the top. It keeps water fairly cool. It loses a star though due to my personal preferences... I just couldn't get past the slight metallic taste (which was a little stronger than I thought it would be) and I struggled making the top come off quietly, even using some tips outlined in other reviews (basically, even taking it off mostly quietly ended up bugging me). If you think that you'd like it despite those two points, I highly recommend buying it. I plan on keeping it to use it while camping :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and sturdy., May 3, 2014
Helps that is looks really pretty too! Love the wood accents. Dont think I have any issue with it. The cap is made of steel too so I can comfortably leave it in my car on a hot day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design and easy to clean, April 15, 2014
This canteen is a great size. It fits in the cup holder in the car. It is durable and the cap with ring is perfect for transport. It's also easy to clean. you pay a premium for the design, but the aesthetics are worth it.

My only issue with this bottle is the sound it makes when you open it up. It sounds like the canteen you used in Boy Scouts! Consequently, unscrewing the cap and drinking from it at night can wake up your wife.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›