5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY PRODUCT USED BY APPLE TECHS
Based on the salespeople at the apple store, this is the only product that apple techs use to clean screens on computers, ipads, ipods. This works great and is ammonia and alcohol free--which according to apple will damage screens. DO NOT use windex!!!

Published on May 17, 2010 by TC

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for iMacs
Published 8 months ago by Suburban household

5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY PRODUCT USED BY APPLE TECHS, May 17, 2010
TC (NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klear Screen iKlear Cleaning Kit for iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, LCD, Plasma TV, Computer Monitor and Keyboard (Cloth, Wipes and Spray) (Electronics)

It took me awhile to figure out to buy this--I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask apple what they used. It took me a year and a very filthy macbook pro. This product easily cleaned the screen as well as the aluminum macbook pro body. It also works on the IPAD (which gets dirty screens very quickly) as well as ipods.

There are many screen cleaning kits made by this same company. The solution is the same--it is just in different size bottles. This particular package also has "wet wipes"--travel packs---which are especially great for the IPAD. For my computer it is easy enough to clean it at home. But I take my Ipad everywhere and those little travel packs fit in my purse--they are the size of "wet wipes".

From apple salespeople---spray the cloth rather than the screen as it is better to have a little of the IKlear rather than the direct contact from the spray.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Screen/Lens/Eyelasses cleaning cloth EVER!, May 15, 2010
I have eyeglasses, am a prosumer photographer, iPad, iPhone and Apple laptop user. These cloths are like non other. These are in a different league compared to a micro fiber cloths you by in bulk at Costo or Home Depot. These are a much finer fiber. I am very particular when it comes to cleaning my eyeglasses and the iKlear microfiber cloths clean the best I have ever seen. They clean very oily glasses with no streaks and they do it almost instantly with no cleaning liquids.

As for iPads and iPhones they are hands down the best I have ever used. And all this with no cleaning liquids....just the cloth! They almost work better with no liquid at all. I do use liquid iKlear cleaner on my MacBook Pro screen before using the cloth because it seems to get spots on it that need a bit of liquid to loosen enough for the cloth to remove.

I could keep going about my great photography lens experiences as well.

If you want the best cleaning cloth available......buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Krystal-Klear perfection, September 22, 2009
The iKlear Complete Cleaning Kit is the perfect complement to my new 13" MacBook Pro. As a first-time Mac user, I went all out in purchasing a nice case and sleeve for it, but the while those may protect the exterior of my newest investment, they don't do squat for smears, smudges and stains on the glossy screen. That's where the iKlear products come in.

The iKlear Complete Cleaning Kit includes two bottles of the amazing cleaning solution. I use the 6 oz. bottle at home and keep the 2 oz. bottle in my car. You also get a travel-size and large micro-chamois cloth. This thing is huge, and could easily be used to clean a large HDTV. You also get an anti-microbial cloth if you're one of those Purel-loving, paper towel-on-the-doorknob kind of folk. The micro-fiber terry cloth is also included, and this works really well to "polish" your screen after you've cleaned it with the spray. For even more portability, the kit includes 12 travel wipes which may be used for "Step One" of the iKlear cleaning process:

Step One: Spray iKlear solution on a corner of a micro-fiber/micro-chamois cloth. You may also use a travel wipe. Wipe in straight motions starting from the top corner of the screen.

Step Two: Use a dry corner of a micro-fiber/micro-chamois cloth (I prefer the included terry cloth) to polish the screen. It's best to wipe in straight motions doing one small area at a time.

The cleaning solution works very well. My screen looks just as shiny as when I first unboxed my MBP. The solution can also be used on your laptop's keyboard, palmrest and trackpad area (although the manual doesn't recommend using it). Because the solution is alcohol, ammonia, and sodium-something free, it doesn't leave streaks. The cloths are also washable and reusable!

The price I paid was $24.95, which at the time is $5 cheaper than what the Apple Store charges. I can't wait to use it on my first-gen iPod touch and see the restorative magic that is iKlear. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand out product - this is the one you want, May 13, 2011
There are many screen cleaner cloths out there (microfiber, disposable, etc.), why spend $10 on this chamois product? Because it works and it lasts very well! I bought my first one of these in 2005 and just recently bought another to use only on my large screen TV.

The Klear Kloth weathers VERY well, the edges of the cloth are stitched so it doesn't fray. It is washable. Show me another product in this class that lasts 6 years and is still going strong.

I use the Klear Chamois Kloth to clean my laptop, my desktop monitor, my GPS screen, phone screens, etc... pretty much anything electronic related that I want to be careful with, I trust this product.

It is a nice large size, so it makes cleaning large computer monitors easy and also works well on large screen TVs.

My philosophy when buying anything is... even a simple cloth to clean screens... if I can spend a bit of time and find the best a high quality product that lasts, and does its job (mainly to clean and not damage my expensive equipment), then it is time well spent.

I've spent the time looking for you.... this is the product I recommend and think that you will want.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Macbook Pro 15" Looks Like New, August 11, 2010
Nana (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
OMG this stuff is great!! I was so afraid because I read a review about NOT using alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on the MBP screen AFTER I used it on my computer screen!! I was so scared that I ruined my nearly $3000 computer! I just bought this computer in July and I was thinking to myself-oh geez. I flipped up. I mean, the alcohol smudge would NOT go away! It plagued me everyday. So I IMMEDIATELY bought this stuff and O-M-G, it cleaned off all the dirt, dust, oils (from grubby fingers on my screen) AND (drum roll please) the ALCOHOL on my screen!! I was like, are you serious!? My computer looks so new!!

Personally, I LURVE this stuff and I'm going to use it as prescribed (once a week). I can't live without it. I'm going to use it to clean EVERYTHING LOL! I've already used it to clean off my extremely dirty IMac screen and OMG it looks brand new too!

I recommend this product for ANYONE who has an Apple product. It is a must. Honestly. I am being brutally honest. As far as what chemicals are in this, I don't really care because I was not trying to screw up again and use anything OTHER than this stuff on my screen. No water, no alcohol, no nothing, other than iKlear. I don't even know if water can wipe away alcohol. Oh well, to each his own.

Just buy iKlear. It includes so much stuff (the complete kit does). I only used the big blue cloth and the small bottle of solution. Great stuff. You will be amazed. ^_^

OH, and if it helps anyone, I have a anti-glare screen on my MBP and a glossy screen on my iMac. The product does work on both screens and aluminum. It says it works on displays and acrylic too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaner/polish for electronic devices, June 18, 2011
I've actually been using the same 5 oz bottle of iKlear purchased over 8 years ago and only recently ordered a new bottle once it was almost empty. Used on laptops and small electronic devices, a bottle will last a very long time. The original bottle outlasted multiple iPods dating back to a G1, a Powerbook G4 from 2003, a MBP unibody from 2009 and was being used on a 2011 MBP before finally being replaced.

While I have used this on a wide variety of devices, it seems to be formulated in particular for the aluminum surfaces used in virtually all Apple computers as well as the glossy screens used in iPads, iPods, iPhones, and all glossy screened computers.

On matte aluminum surfaces, it leaves a slick, lightly polished finish after removing any light stains and oil from finger prints. On hard, glossy screens (glass) it leaves a slick, frictionless, streak free finish. Works well on the matte keys on Apple keyboards as well.

It will clean matte/non-reflective screens, but if sprayed excessively and not buffed off correctly with a good polishing cloth, iKlear will leave streaks on this type of screen. In addition to using a good, clean polishing cloth, apply iKlear sparingly to a cool display that has been off for hours to avoid evaporating fine mist spray before it can be properly buffed off. If both are done, a streak free polished surface will be the result on any matte screen.

I imagine I'll still be using this current bottle at least five years from now. Heavy iPad users will probably go through a bottle quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior cleaning that seems to last, August 6, 2011
C. G. King (Horse Country, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Not only is this cloth great for cleaning, there seem to be other positive benefits I hadn't expected, plus the included travel cleaning pads offered an extra surprise. The cloth is much bigger than I expected at 16", and bigger than I needed for my iPhone and other small touch screens, so I cut off one end and cut that piece in half to create two additional smaller clothes I could keep stashed in different convenient places. Since it's a very light suede-like fabric, it doesn't unravel.

The cloth does an outstanding job at touch screen cleaning. I'd just bought a set of those little stiff leatherette pads with a suede-like fabric face and was impressed with how effective the fabric is for cleaning these finger smudged screens, however the pads are too big to work well on an iPhone screen when it is in a surround case, so I decided to try this cloth. Not only is the cloth effective, it's very easy to use and screen size doesn't matter.

My package included two travel-sized moist towelettes and a small dry cloth of a different type. I thought the towelettes would be like those that clean glasses so I was surprised that they weren't. They are very soft material and contain fluid that doesn't quickly evaporate like a glasses-cleaning wipe would. You have to use the little dry cloth to wipe the washed surface dry (which is easy and fast). WOW! The resulting clean greatly exceeded my expectations. I was sufficiently motivated by that and the fact that the towelette was still wet that I cleaned several pairs of glasses (they haven't been this clean in forever), a couple of little mirrors, my car GPS screen, my AlphaSmart word processor screen (which lives in the kitchen and is splattered with all manner of kitchen stuff, and finally I tackled the TV screen. I had no idea TV screens could be that dirty and the pad ended up so black I finally threw it away, but imagine cleaning all those things with one little pad. And the surfaces are not just clean but sort of polished so now my iPhone resists finger smudges. In fact I was so impressed I immediately bought the whole cleaning kit.

I haven't washed the towel yet and will update if I see any change in effectiveness. I didn't keep the package and don't remember if I was supposed to hand wash the big blue cloth or the little grey one, but I'll hand wash both and hang to dry just in case. I don't want to lose the super abilities of this product. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars New? Used? Who can tell?, February 9, 2011
I highly recommend these wipes to all owners of Apple products (and any electronic device). Having a pre-medicated wipe instead of applying the spray and using a certain kind of paper-towel is preferable, in my opinion. These wipes can be used on screens to remove fingerprints and smudges and even on the hardware: I use them regularly to clean keyboards, mice, trackpads, etc. It really makes that Apple aluminum really shine!

The microfiber wipes included in this packaged deal are of a much better quality than others such as those which come with glasses. They dry the wipes' solution while removing all fingerprints and dust.

If you are thinking of selling an iPod, computer, etc. I highly recommend these to make the device seem as new as possible for those eBay photos. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your usual micro-fiber cloth, June 8, 2012
Seems almost strange that I'm willing to do a review for what is essentially a cleaning rag, but this is one of those rare things you stumble on that you realize is quite an amazing product.

The usual microfiber cloths are sticky and don't absorb readily. They also attract every little particle which then never come off; rendering them useless for easy to damage items like plastic lenses and photo filters after first use. I've been using this for 18 months now, and still on the same cloth. When the lenspens and pec-pads can't clean it, this cloth can. I use it strictly for photo filters and expensive lenses after blowing the big stuff off. This cloth pulls all of the grease and residue right off without damaging the coatings on the optics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for iMacs, November 15, 2013
Despite multiple attempts to apply this product to my 27" iMac I was unable to do so without leaving hard to remove streaks. You will note that most of the 1 star reviews are from iMac users. For some reason the solution is difficult to remove from an iMac screen even when the directions are followed to the letter. I had much better results using tap water on a microfiber cloth! Am I missing something?

***
My original review stands: This product SUCKS on iMac screens. Lots of hard to remove streaking. Even after thorough polishing with a chamois, a thin waxy like residue remains on the screen!

Rate and Discover Movies