Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kleckley Sweet Watermelon - 60 Seeds - BONUS PACK!
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 25, 2012
This watermelon was recommended on the internet as one variety that you must try. So, I looked for a seed dealer, and placed an order. The order was filled quickly. I have them in the ground, and we will see how they turn out.
I decided to sow the seeds inside for several weeks before our average last frost date had passed. They sprouted beautifully and are ready to transplant out into the garden. I'm very pleased with these and excited to see how they do over time. I'll try to come back update later. I almost always have excellent results with products I buy from Hirt's, so I am optimistic about these as well. The only hesitation I have is if I am able to keep the weeds out so they won't compete with them. That isn't one of the things that I do well. I also fall short on following instructions about fertilizer, but I'm going to try to do better. Time will tell. :)

EDITED to say that we have had drought conditions up to this week when we had downpours, too late for my watermelon. My son keeps reminding me that they are called "water" melons for a reason. I didn't give them enough water and nature didn't make up for the deficit. There's always next year. Right now I have small plants with foliage, but no signs of any melons.

EDITED still one more time to say that the seagulls got them. :(
on April 23, 2010
I planted these 7 days ago, and exactly 50% of them have sprouted beautifully. The other half have nothing.
on January 11, 2015