Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Klein Tools 11055 Klein Tools-Kurve Wire Stripper/Cutter, Blue with Yellow Stripe, 10 - 20 ga.
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on August 20, 2011
As a long time user of the straight, yellow handled Klein strippers I was slow to change for a few dollars more. But, I'm glad I did. If you factor in how long these will potentially last if treated properly, and the $15 price tag it actually feels like...wait for it...Klein might be undercharging.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- THE CURVED HANDLE might not look like much, but having used the straight for so long I can report that the extra leverage and ergonomic feel makes a world of difference. Especially on days of heavy use.
- THE HOLES ON THE SIDE for bending solid wire, handy during outlet/switch installation.
- THE SPRING BETWEEN THE HANDLE stays on very well, even when stored loosely in the bottom of an overloaded tool bag.
- THE HANDLES ARE TOUGH, and haven't slipped off after over a year of daily use.
- THE SCREW CUTTERS are a nice bonus. They cover the two sizes you will most commonly find when installing outlets into wall boxes. It is fairly common to need to trim them down for one reason or another.

SOME TIPS ON USAGE:
- Never cut anything other than copper wire with these. Steel wire, even very thin, will nick the cutting blade and create a bump that you will feel everytime you use them.
- People who don't like this type of stripper typically make the same common mistake when using them. Holding the wire with their left hand, and attempting to rip the insulation off with only their right. I recommend holding the wire with your left hand, then clamp the tool down on the wire with your right. BUT, use your left thumb (while still gripping the wire with other fingers) to push the tool off of the wire in a straight motion with minimal effort. Reverse for lefties, obviously. Get this down and you will enjoy using these strippers much more, and your stranded wire will not be damaged by pulling the tool off of the wire, under too much force, at an angle.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2009
As others have indicated, these Klein wire strippers are -the- strippers to have. I've used a few others before, but they don't compare with these at all. Klein makes some great tools and there's a reason they're so popular among tradesmen. This product is a shinning example of what makes Klein so great -they're well designed, functional and effective. You can strip wires like nobody's business with these things, they're razor sharp and very nice to hold in your hand. I love the curved handle and the comfortable grips, makes it much easier to use.

Get yourself a pair of these if you're in the market for a wire stripper, you'll be glad you did. Definitely worth every penny.
on April 24, 2009
I agree with every other reviewer thus far. These are among the best strippers I've ever used. I've used them hundreds of times on the job and they never fail. Very comfortable and easy to use. There is also a pair available for larger gauge wire and they work just as well. A must have for any electrician, or just about anybody remodeling a house.
on October 19, 2010
As a professional Union Electrician wire strippers are part of my daily use tools. Klein is my preferred brand... Although, I use other brands. I go through several pairs of strippers a year. I wear them out, abuse, and misuse them. If I could only have 1 pair of strippers in my tool kit it would be these. They are comfortable and and easy to use. Other straight handle strippers tire my hands after repeated use. I use these all day in commercial and industrial applications without hand strain. If you are weekender or professional I recommend these strippers. You will not be disappointed.
on September 6, 2008
Look no further for a quality wire stripper. These are SHARP!, strip a variety of wires with little effort and best of all, the curved handle makes them a joy to use as it eliminates hand fatigue. Go to a store and hold a set in your hands and you will now what I mean. I love it when I have an opportunity to use these!!
on March 8, 2014
Lets get right to it: these looked and felt great in my hand- I was really into em'. BUT- after a few months, my first pair started jamming shut after normal wire cutting. I tried doing a gentle tweaking of the allen at the joint to loosen them back up, but they went right back to hell after a few cuts. I decided that the pair i bought must have been defective, as Klein is so reputable. I bought another pair and they went right to the same hell after TWO WEEKS. Klein! If these are ONLY for stripping, don't put cutters on 'em! I dont want to pull out another tool when one should easily do the job! These strippers ought to strip AND cut for a long time... at this point I use the Ideal Reflex strippers, (rock solid, dependable,
only a few bucks more...) and I couldn't be happier!
on December 31, 2013
Once I started using this wire stripper, I kept one of my old ones "just in case" this one gets misplaced, and threw out the 2nd old one. This wire stripper is quick to use. I used it to do the electrical wiring for a new bath and believe that it cut my time more than 1/2 in stripping all the wiring that I used (two 12-2 cable runs, four 14-3 cable runs, and two 14-2 cable runs to multiple switches, timers, occupancy detector, outlets, and light fixtures/fan).
on January 6, 2016
As I have mentioned in another review, I'm a Union electrician. I use these tools for a living daily. I don't want to say everything that Klein puts out is gold, but there are certain a few tools for which I think they do an exceptional job on. Linesmen's pliers for one, and these strippers!

The first time I used them I borrowed them from someone. I couldn't get over how comfortable they felt. They were so much more comfortable than the strippers I was issued during my apprenticeship with. And when you're using these all day, it really does make a difference. The curve just fits perfectly in the groove of your hand. I really hate it when I'm working with someone else and I use their small straight handled strippers. I really feel it's night and day between the two.

They are a decent size. Not too small, not too big. They cut and strip great, just like advertised. And they also include a feature that allows you to cut 6-32 and 8-32 screws. I can't tell you how awesome that is. Because if there's just one time when the screws seems a bit too long, you'll be glad you have these to perfectly cut the screw. There's also a couple of holes on the sides. These are for making hooks with solid wire so you can wrap around a screw terminal.

In ending, these strippers are great. I highly recommend these over the small straight handle strippers. You won't regret buying these.
on January 3, 2016
I've tried other strippers but these are so far my favorite brand, model, size, ect. Very ergonomic grips, very sharp, and stay that way as long as you use them correctly. I bought Milwaukee strippers because the needle nose end for squishing up the heads when im making up wire pulls and they just are not as good. i recommend these over all others so far.
I am a "Saturday Afternoon" electrician, so I am not a professional and do not use these every day. However I do like good quality tools, and have long since convinced myself that spending a couple extra bucks for good tools is cheaper in the long run. I have used these for a couple projects, and so far, so good.

=== The Good Stuff ===

* They strip wire. I really only use 12 and 14 gauge NM, and these work great.

* The handles are secure and don't slide off. The tool feels secure in my hand, and is about the right length and width to grip easily and line up with work.

* The locking tab comes in handy for the toolbox. Less space, and less chance of getting wrapped up with the other tools.

* After some use, the tool is still as tight and aligned as it was when I purchased it. But I do not use the cutter, so that may cut down on the wear and tear.

=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===

* My eyes aren't what they used to be, and it is a bit tough to read the gauge markings on the tool. I am sure if I used it more often, I would be so used to tool that muscle memory would guide me to the right slot. I did put a small dot of orange paint next to the 14ga slot, and that has helped.

* I would have preferred more friction in the lock clip. It has a tendency to slide into the lock position, usually at the worst possible time. I have considered removing it from the tool, but haven't as yet.

=== Summary ===

A comfortable and easy-to-use tool. It took me a long time to get used to using wire-strippers, I always just used wire cutters. But after a few nicked wires, I learned my lesson, and these are about the best pair I ever owned.