on July 7, 2012
We purchased five units some five years ago, in our new house. They were installed professionally. Saved a ton of money over conventional air conditioning. We love the concept, and at first the units all workd fine. Quiet, cool, etc. We also saved money by heatine or cooling only the rooms we use. (Why cool a spare bedroom 24/7?) Zone cooling at its easiest. Energy efficient.

But getting service has been a nightmare, and three of units today are not functional Warranty? Don't make me laugh. A new compressor will cost just about what a new unit will cost, and shipping by pallet is so expensive (that's the only way, they say) that it's cheaper to toss the entire unit and buy a new one.

We'll buy new ones, alright, but not from this company.
on January 4, 2012
We just had this unit installed last wednesday. Yesterday we noticed the unit was not heating. We called the installer and he determined that the condensor line was leaking and that we needed a new outdoor unit. We have to pay shipping on the unit for Heat and Cool on an item that is brand spanking new, plus will have to pay to have the new unit installed. This is so wrong. It is obvious that customer satisfaction is not a priority with this company. I would not recommend anyone buying any product from them if you can help it.

Update, Heat and cool paid for shipping both ways and 3 weeks ago replaced at no charge the controller board which was fried by lightning. Increasing rating to 4 stars.
on March 15, 2012
the install was pretty staight forward. It took me about 2 weeks of an hour here and there after work to get everything done. I LOVE the unit, it is quiet and cool. People always ask about it and its easy on the electricity bill. Dont make the mistake I made and move the condenser lines after the freon is in circulation. The nuts that hold the lines together can loosen, and the the freon will escape into the ether. Then, you will have to call your AC person to come take your money.
on July 6, 2012
Normally before investing in an appliance or other major purchase, my husband and I read product reviews and comparison shop. This time we let our builder make the decision and didn't question when he put in a Klimaire. It was installed in May and has never, EVER cooled properly. After two service calls, and now that we are in a triple-digit heat wave, it has been determined that the condenser has a leak, and we need a warranty repair. After reading other reviewers' experience with the company and the Klimaire "warranty," I can see where this is heading. I really don't know what to do about it other than warn others not to make the same mistake.
on October 11, 2012
I have a 9k btu klimaire mini-split working fine. Two pieces of advice: When assembling use Nylog Blue assembly sealant at all metal to metal connections..works great. 2-If using cheap vacuum pump heat up the evaporator coils with a hair blow dryer;makes up for the poor pump capacity.
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
While not the exact model listed above, I did purchase 3 separate units of various sizes. All have heat cooled as expected for over 2 years now. Be sure and don't lose the remote control...was fairly expensive to replace. I ended up just using 2 remotes to cover the 3 units. I did all the drilling & setup work and then had a retired HVAC person help me with the connections and vacuum. Otherwise, you should call a professional installer. I'm unsure about quality of support because I've never needed to contact anyone. However, these were so much cheaper than any other alternative at the time, I would come out ahead to just purchase a replacement unit versus going with some other brand that claims better warranty/support services.
on September 12, 2014
Have had good luck with my two Klimaire units. I purchased a 24,000 btu single for my Yoga studio, and a 12,000 dual zone for 2 other rooms back in mid 2012. The one air handler on dual zone runs almost nonstop where we keep expensive oils and organic items. Yes the instructions are probably written by a Chinese engineer. ( turn anti clockwise?)Get a professional to complete your install. I did need to swap a fan motor on unit that runs nonstop. Parts and freight from Florida were kind of expensive. Overall these units are quiet and efficient. Rumor going around that Klimaire has been experiencing issues from their sudden growth.
on April 12, 2013
IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO FIND THE RIGHT PERSON TO INSTALL THE SYSTEM,
IT TOOK HIM A WHILE MAYBE 6HRS. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS UNIT,
IT COOLS ME OFF WHEN I'M HOT AND IT WARMS ME UP WHEN IT'S COLD.
I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE CENTAL AIR. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

SIGNED,