- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Klipsch HD 500 Compact 5.1 Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Exclusive horn-loaded Micro-Tractrix design produces more lifelike sound and greater output with less power & energy than conventional designs.
- Four beautiful High Gloss Black speakers feature 2.5" heavy-duty IMG woofer and .75 Aluminum Micro-Tractrix horn-loaded tweeter.
- High Gloss Black center channel for precise dialog & special effects via twin 2.5" IMG woofers & .75" Alumninum Micro-Tractrix horn-loaded tweeter
- Powerful and compact subwoofer in Black Pica finish with crossover, phase and level controls
- Integrated Wall brackets included rotate 40 degrees, also 1/4" threaded insert for use with optional floor stands from a variety of manufacturers.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
This is my first surround sound system, and suffice to say, I was overwhelmed with the many 5.1 choices between the HTIB (Home theater in a box) and all the individual receivers with separate speaker systems. However, I'm not a newbie to great sound. I could join the AARP if I wanted to!
Anyways, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the Klipsch 500 after many months of research online and hearing them at my local electronics warehouse store. The store gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.
My requirements were that I needed smaller speakers for the decor and the lack of space. The Klipsch 500 fit the bill. Moreover, the 8 inch powered subwoofer is more than enough ooomph for TV, music, and movies. A nice thunder!
My center speaker rests on the TV stand in front of the LCD TV on the Klipsch supplied rubber mat to hold it in place. It's inconspicuous and does the job of keeping the center speaker stationary. I purchased a couple of inexpensive speaker stands for the 2 front speakers.
I mounted the 2 rear speakers "in the "kitchen" on the opposite wall that the TV is on. I appreciate that the satellite speakers all come with plastic adjustable wall mounts that you can position toward your ears. I needed the mounts to position the rears horizontally at 8 feet above the floor pointing toward the chairs. I ran my rear speaker wires under the floor in the crawl space to hide them. That helps!Read more ›
Cons - The speaker fixtures were cheap and would not allow the speakers to turn beyond a specific angle. I had to angle the speakers for the setup in my room, but the base allows only about 45 degrees swivel. The plastic connectors at the back are cheap looking and dont fit 12 gage wires too well.
Overall - Great speakers for a good mid-budget HT system. Its essential to pair them up to a good reciever and use good gage wires for the best performance.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
OUTSTANDING VOLUME AND OUTPUT!
The satellite speakers thoroughly impress me with clarity, intensity and pitch. Read more
These speakers sound great. I have them , well had them hooked up to my Denon AVR-590 which handles 75W per speaker channel, and these speakers are rated at 100W RMS. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jose Velis
I use this along with an onkyo receiver on a small room. Don't let the size fool you. This speakers will make you feel like the musical instruments are in front of you. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Marcos
Great little system that delivers big sound without breaking the bank or filling a room with a over powering expensive system.Published on February 4, 2014 by D. Long