Sleek, simple, and small, the Klipsch CS-500 2.1 home theater system with DVD player delivers the effect of a large, 5.1 home theater system with just two speakers, a subwoofer and an A/V center. It features a built-in Class D amplifier that distributes 35 watts of power to each satellite and 100 watts of power to the subwoofer.
Each magnetically shielded CS-500 speaker employs dual 2.5-inch high-output woofers and a 0.75-inch horn-loaded tweeter. Through Klipsch Tractrix Horn technology, this compact home theater system delivers clear, lifelike sound. It also produces more output using less energy. The down-firing subwoofer utilizes a powerful 6.5-inch woofer. Due to its compact size, it can easily be hidden away while still delivering dramatic low-end effects.
The CS-500 also includes a progressive scan DVD/CD player, AM/FM tuner, and three auxiliary inputs. The CS-500 home theater system even has the ability to pass high-definition signals through a component output and can simplify all of the auxiliary input connections into a single convenient output to the TV. An easy-to-use universal IR remote control directs all system functions as well as those of the TV and other entertainment devices.
The Klipsch CS-500 amplifier with DVD player.
The CS-500 can be set up and operating in as little as 10 minutes. A step-by-step set up guide is included to walk you through the simple process. Speakers are wall mountable (hardware not included)
- Amplifier power - subwoofer: 100 watts
- Amplifier power - speakers: 35 watts per channel
- Video output: Component (Y/Pb/Pr)
- Radio: AM/FM with RDS
- Surround sound decoding: Dolby Digital, DTS
- USB: Yes (for MP3 and JPEG playback)
- Audio inputs: coaxial digital, optical digital, pair of analog
- Component dimensions: 3-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 9-1-/2 inches (HxWxD)
- Subwoofer dimensions: 15 x 11 x 18 inches (HxWxD)
- Front speaker dimensions: 8-3/5 x 4 x 5-1/2 inches (HxWxD)
What's in the Box
Controller, set-up guide, owner's manual, remote, batteries, composite cable, audio cable, FM antenna, AM antenna, two 15' speaker cables, subwoofer cable, rubber pads, white gloves