Klipsch Image S4 -II Black In-Ear Headphones
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Noise isolating in-ear headphones with enhanced sleek profile
- Award winning sound delivers deep bass and full range clarity
- Patented oval ear tips provide comfortable wear for hours
- Perfect seal keeps your music in + blocks outside noise
- New tangle resistant flat cables
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Klipsch Image S4 (II) Black In-Ear Headphones
From a tin shed to inside your head, Paul W. Klipsch’s award-winning sound lives on in our Image S4 headphones. Put the concert in your cranium with the S4’s powerful coil drivers, whose wide frequency range allows you to experience everything from soul-thumping bass to spine tingling highs. The S4’s superior noise-isolating design allows you to seal in the sound, while our patented oval ear tips (available in 4 sizes) keep you rocking in comfort.
Experience What Legends are Made of
The Image S4 utilizes our renowned duel magnet driver technology to deliver strikingly realistic sound and cover a wide frequency range with dynamic detail. With award-winning acoustics and jaw-dropping bass response, the Image S4’s bring the concert experience to you, wherever, whenever.
Live the Music
You Are The Venue
Long May You Rock
|The S4’s new tangle-resistant cables allow you to never have to worry about untangling your headphones after you take them out of your pocket. You are free to play your music! |
Armed with one of the best warranty programs in the industry, with a 2-year replacement policy on all headphone products as opposed to the 1-year offered by many competitors, you can take comfort that your Klipsch headphones will keep the music going as long as you do!
Front Stage Pass
Color: Black/Chrome | Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
I want to first say that these are, by far, for the money, the best sounding IEMs on the market. I tour with a name act regularly with these and use them with a wireless monitoring rig when we play live. I've had custom mold IEMs that cost me more than $750 that don't come close to how good these sound. Now each member of the band has three sets of these each, and we're covered.
Most of these issues found by these critical reviewers are directly due to:
1. Using the wrong size tips (you're given 3 different sizes for a reason...). You've got to get as tight a seal - that's part of what gives such great isolation (in theory you can get up to 26 dB separation - that's a lot).
2. Incorrect insertion into your ear. These are not just slip 'em in your outer ears to hang there kind of IEMs. They need to be properly inserted into your ears. Check the ear buds themselves. They'll tell you which is left/right. You wanna make sure that the correct bud gets to the correct ear. Use a slight twisting motion, and you should feel it settle right into your ear canal. Note the "IN" - this goes into your ear canal. That's where the seal makes the audio sound the best. If you've done it right, things should be MUCH quieter and sound really good.
3. Placement of the cabling. You can't leave these hanging out of your ears - they're not wired & setup to do that. These are meant to be put up over your ears - just like all the MTV stars do. Now the cable is going down your back which makes it convenient to connect to your iPhone/whatever, or your wireless monitoring system...
4. Turn off your EQ settings on your playback device.Read more ›
(I am particularly critical when it comes to grading a product. A product that receives 5/5 from me means that the item is an outstanding value; it holds a fantastic price/performance ratio compared to its competition and has those small things that just make the product that much better*
The second version of the S4s sound fantastic by all means; I cannot overemphasize the great sound quality. If sound quality is your number one priority and the only priority (above looks, build quality, extras) then go for the S4 version I. There is no reason to buy the generally more expensive S4 version II over version I. Note: These S4 version II wildy vary in price on Amazon. The price of the S4 version I do fluctuate as well, but their price variances are still generally lower than the S4 II.
I have used the first version of these Klipsch S4 series for YEARS. I have absolutely beaten the heck out of version I through snowboarding, international flights, and gym sessions/cardio workouts. They have endured to this very day, running on for over 5 years now. The first version sound fantastic and the second version does not faulter by any means when compared.
Klipsch S4 version II positives:
+Cable management is better as it is a flat cord that is not prone to getting tangled***
+Sounds just as good as the original version, if not better
+Still has a superb comfort level and a great fit as the first version
Klipsch S4 version II negatives:
-Costs more now for the same exact sound quality
-The carrying case is absolutely cruddy; it went from a nice, hardened metal case to an extremely cheap plastic/sewn soft case. The headphones don't "easily" fit in the case.Read more ›
I would stay away from this model, I am about to ask if I can have a completely different model because this seems like a fundamental error on behalf of the company.
Well since that time I've sent back BOTH of those replacements...TWICE. That's right, I've been through a total of SIX of these things and they have all broken the same way: one earbud goes quiet within a couple months. I am now out of earbuds and awaiting yet another replacement (which, due to stock issues, has been "on order" for almost two months now...). At first Klipsch was great about sending me new ones without even asking for the old ones back, but now they've started making me ship them back at my own cost. I'm torn between continuing to replace these every couple months or just switching to another brand and coming to terms with the fact that I wasted my money on these.
It's a shame too, because otherwise they sound great, block out a ton of outside noise, and are extremely comfortable. I would readily give them five stars if I could actually use them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
as good as the previous pair..great sound quality and more importantly are a very comfortable fit for my earPublished 5 days ago by Wayne Young
I use 3-flange tips for fit and sound isolation. Without that adaptation the sound was only OK.Published 12 days ago by J. Soard
I'm so glad I was able to get a pair of these before they are completely discontinued.
I'm not sure what the other reviewers are doing with theirs, but I've never had a... Read more
Gross! I know they were refurbished, but one still had earwax!!!Published 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
Overall, the quality of these headphones is there. You won't be disappointed in the sound. Sound, is opinion based though. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Erik
Excelent sound, better than UR Beats. Nice highs and lows. Can't go wrong purchasing these.Published 1 month ago by D West
Very poor quality. Headphones quit working after 5 months. I've tried to get a refund/replacement to no avail.Published 1 month ago by Karen C