5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE center channel to get
Read my other related review on the RF-7 speakers.
The RC-64 is the bomb of center channel speakers. I don't understand how all these other companies minimize the size and number of drivers in the center speakers.
Published 14 months ago by MKOW

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Speaker is great, but I recieved stock B and had the model serial numbers removed. False advertising
Published 3 months ago by justin

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE center channel to get, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Black) (Electronics)
Read my other related review on the RF-7 speakers.
For dialogue and to maximize the front stage with the front left/right speakers, especially with matched Klipsch speakers, the RC-64 cannot be beat.
My family is consistently commenting on how awesome this speaker is, and the entire front stage for that matter. With our old cheap set up, we could never hear the spoken dialogue, especially whispers, clicks, etc. These sounds now jump out and are very evident when watching movies, especially at low volumes at night when we don't want to disturb kids. Watch intense movies like the Matrix or movies with very dynamic soundtracks (like Finding Nemo) and you will hear what I mean. Often in a movie, the phone will ring, and we are constantly confused as to whether or not the phone ringing is in the movie or our actual phone in the house! That is how good these speakers sound. I have my center speaker mounted below a 67" TV at a slight upward angle in a custom built-in wall unit, but ideally I think ideally it should be above the TV angle down (talking heads tend to be towards the top of the screen) - but no biggy.
I'm driving the system with an Outlaw 990/7500 combo (it is a 1000W (200W x 5) amplifier - and delivers 350 WPC in stereo!). So a high-end amp is going to bring out the quality of high end speakers - you need both, otherwise you are wasting your time and money (I hooked up my old trusty 45 wpc cheapo Yamaha receiver and it just sounds awful compared to the Outlaw - huge difference indeed). And you need to give it high quality audio sources - you are wasting your time pulling audio from an iPod for any serious listening. Anyway, you cannot possibly go wrong with this speaker (what I don't know is if it would sound as good not being timbre matched with the rest of the Klipsch speakers). Since these are unusually highly efficient speakers it might be hard to mix this particular speaker with say, Polk speakers, since it will be hard to balance out the volume levels (the Klipsch will sound much louder per volume level). I'm 48 and can honestly say I am 100% content with my home theater set-up and see no reason to change it, unless it blows up! Best of luck and happy listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional sound., January 24, 2011
I upgraded from a very small and weak 50w center channel to this behemoth (50lb!) and couldn't be happier. The center channel is responsible for over half of today's tracks and nearly all of the dialogue (speaking in terms of movies) making it an important speaker to consider for anyone with a 'prosumer' or greater home theater setup. I chose this one over the less expensive RC-62 II to ensure I would not be able to distort it as it is capable of handling 200w of continuous power. I tested my speaker with Rambo with the volume set fairly high and sat back impressed and very much satisfied with my purchase. The speaker itself is built well and it certainly feels as though it is crafted with high quality materials. Its cabinet feels solid as the wood is both heavy and dense. Sound is crisp and detailed thanks to its horn and the 4 cerametallic woofers gyrate effortlessly under load--free of distortion. Finally, the speaker also looks as amazing as it sounds. I have mine deployed without the protective grille and for me, it adds to the character of my living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yowzaaa!!, August 8, 2013
After trying many center channel speakers looking for clear, balanced dialogue that I could hear and understand I finally found one that delivers. Sure, it costs a fortune for us average Joe's but it is worth it if you have a decent sized room and a good quality home theater system. I've used it for 6 months now and it's simply amazing. The smaller models in the line the RC-52II and the RC-62II are very good also but look at the 64, it's not just a speaker, it's a statement. BTW, Don't pay full price, never pay full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best center speakers in the business!, May 1, 2014
I went from a RC52II to a RC62II to the RC64II. Its an amazing center speaker! Crisp, clean, accurate. Shop around I got mine for 900.00.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, June 9, 2013
I now get "big sound" from the center now.Wow! This is big improvement from the from the infinity it replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even My Wife Loves it!, August 22, 2013
The speaker is amazing dialog is crisp and clear. I have it connecting Denon 4520ci. This is an upgrade from the Klipsch Icon center speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good center for a medium home theater, April 19, 2012
I originally bought this because a friend had it centering Sonus Farber Grand Piano's (which I also had). The sound was excellent and very similiar (after due allowance was made in sound level setup for the Klipsch +3db sound difference). So when I found an excellent price on a grille damaged item I bought it. One deciding parameter was its ability to take 200 watts RMS which the Emotiva XPA-5 power amp was capable of (I thoroughly recommend this amp by the way: perhaps the greatest upgrade to any system is more power, not because you are going to use it all but because sound is effortlessly produced with more headroom and less distortion). I so enjoyed the Klipsch center that I then bought the RS-62 II as the surrounds (again able to handle 200 watts: the Emotiva generates 200 watts for each of its 5 channels - if you looks at the specs for your integrated receiver it may say, for example 140 watts but that will only be into 2 channels at most; adding surrounds and backs drops the output 30-40 watts). So - Ive finally got a 5.1 surround system (with an M&K V 125 sub). I buy an Emotiva UMC pre-amp with a 7.1 capability. Done.
But... (I'm now getting to why I give this four stars)
During all my explorations into amps I tried to decide between a Denon 4310 and Yamaha 3000 ... and got blown away by the Paradigm Studio 100's they had them connected to. These were far better than my Farbers. And then a great price was offered for some Paradigm Sig 8's. And in a rush of blood I bought them. Absolutely no regrets. But they did reveal that the RC 64 was deficient in high-end clarity and just weren't as precise in the mid-range.
But ... was it sufficient to force me to buy the Paradigm C 5 at 3x the price? And here's the thing ... no. It would be an improvement, sure, but very small. Given that in a normal home theatre situation most dialogue will be from the center, high register sounds aren't a concern. Nor is the so-called warmth of the Klipsch (the Sig 8's are a neutral speaker): I have had no significant problems with the sound stage generated by this combination (it has forced me to think that maybe a same speaker front-stage isn't necessary; given that most left to right or the reverse sound effects - plane taking off, for example - use a restricted sound palette this should be no surprise).
So to conclude ... this is a good center; to get any improvement requires 3x + the money. And - to emphasise - it takes some top end speakers to show what you are missing (keep in mind 60-70% of total system cost should go to speakers).
Hmmm ... maybe I'll give it 5 stars anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 5, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Center Speaker, January 14, 2013
I was having trouble understanding speech with m older Revel center speaker.
The RC-64 solved the problem enabling understandable vocals as well as clear music.
I would recommend this speaker.