5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome speakers, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Klipsch RF-42 II Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker - Each (Black) (Electronics)
These speakers are a thing of beauty. I had to ditch my old B&W speakers because they were so large and I was upgrading my TV from 46" to 55" and I needed more room. With a width of only 6", these things not only look and sound great but save a lot of room with the thin design. I did a lot of research, and these seemed to be the best floor standing speakers for the size. They work well with banana plugs or straight wire.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing sound from small package, February 25, 2011
Already own rf-82's in a home theater suite and picked up rf-42's for 1/2 off. Was expecting the Klipsch "sound" for mids and highs but wasn't expecting 2 4.5 inch woofers to be this powerful! I'm running them with an old Technics receiver from the mid 80's at 65 watts/channel with just a cd player in the living room. I thought for sure I was going to have to pick up a new receiver and subwoofer to get any real bass but I was mistaken. The sub would be nice but now just an afterthought. You just need to give them some room behind for the ports to work properly. I have them about 18 inches from the wall and get plenty of nice bass, you can really feel the air from the port when you push them a bit. Overall I will definately reccommend these.....especially if space is an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch - Better Than Bose, October 1, 2011
I have used Klipsch speakers for a few years now, these speakers do not disappoint. Great highs, good lows, speakers are attractive... One speaker arrived missing parts and Amazon was quick to send out a new one overnight in return for the broken speaker. These speakers are superb, don't pay the premium for Bose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your search for quality sound on a buget is over, September 17, 2014
Awesome speakers!! I did about a month of research on floor standing before I pulled the trigger on a pair. sold my vintage technics which were still working great, however they were very large as most high end vintage speakers are.So decided I would go for a modern smaller cabinet floor stander. Was a bit concerned with the size of woofers used in today's cabinets. Went into local Frys electronics to demo a pair of these and several others in much lower price point (which I didn't think would make a difference in quality) which was very wrong tried jbl pair for 250, pioneer at same price point, even Polk audio at the same price point of the ref 42. The 42s blew them all away by a long shot, the clarity on these are amazing. I use them a lot for 7.1 theater setup but also listen to alot of different types of music, and all sound very good. Hearing detailed sounds in music and movies that I haven't heard before. However I didn't purchase these here. I wanted to leave a review on these for others to see to cut the time down on the research, If you are on a budget you should wait for a sale or save up for these.In the 200 to 400 a pair range these are REALLY the best choice. I'm very glad I kicked my budget up from 250 to 400 because trust me it makes a world of difference. If you want good quality f.s. speakers with the best highs mids and actually very good lows, this is really the best way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows your mind, October 29, 2012
Just picked a couple of these from fry's for $239 each and paired them with a Denon 1913 which I also picked from fry's for half off. Denon comes with a biamp, perfect to power these. The combination is potent with my Epson 8350 projector which I ordered from Amazon. I do not have a sub woofer nor a center channel. But the sound can not be any better, combine it with bluray media and the experience is phenomenal. I have never seen (120") anything clearer or heard anything better from a home theater it's like -- inside a movie theater.

Update (1/7/2013):
I added ONKYO subwoofer and 2 additional Klipsch RCX-3 (40w) speakers (Klipsch discontinued these single tweeters, but you can find them in the market for $69) for surrounds. I set the front speaker crossovers to 80Hz. Frequencies above this are causing distortion in my system on some playbacks, not sure where it is coming from. At this point you have to also configure front speakers to small (because you have subwoofer). Mind you these floor speakers can go all the way down to 59Hzs. I also added a center channel. Some movie tracks sound the best with Dynamic Volume set to light. Other settings Medium and Heavy will work better for music and speech. This is something you just have to change based on what you play.

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350
Denon AVR-1913 7.1 Channel 3D Pass Through and Networking Home Theater Receiver with AirPlay and Powerd Zone-2 Capability()
Klipsch RC-42 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Black)
Atdec TH-WH-PJ-FM Telehook Universal Projector Flush Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars crisp detailed performance, February 4, 2014
These speakers do exactly what I've come to expect from Klipsch deliver crystal clear detailed sound with no frequency lost on highs or lows.
I would recommend Klipsch over Bose any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fantastic, April 5, 2014
Although I consider myself a lover of fine music quality, an audiophile I am not. These speakers were necessary for me as they were very thin. We don't have much room in our home and by replacing some old sony floor standing speakers we were able to fit more furniture agains the wall (my wife was happy). These things sound great and they look fantastic. I'm a firm believer that bigger is better with sound equipment, but if you don't have space but don't want to sacrifice sound quality, these are a great option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Entry Level Floorstanding Speakers, January 28, 2013
I have these on a Yamaha RX-673 receiver, along with a Klipsch Synergy Sub-10. After reading a number of mixed reviews, I took a chance and purchased these. I was a little worried at first that these wouldn't be sufficient for front speakers, but rest assured, they sound superb! I did spend a bit of time adjusting the receiver settings to get them to sound as good as they do, but paired with a decent sub, you will get excellent sound reproduction from these speakers.

The only negative thing I can think of, and it really isn't a negative, is they don't produce as much bass as speakers with larger woofers; but given its slimmer form factor, that's expected.

These are certainly an upgrade from just using my old Klipsch Quintette III's!