5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with HTC Incredible
I purchased this product based on price and Klipsch's reputation.

The sound is excellent! Great mids and highs, the lows are good but not super bass. I believe that more bass on these phones would distort the great mids and highs. I listen to all types of electronic music including drum and bass and these phones sound great.

They are very comfortable...
Published on June 5, 2010 by Katz

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably Decent
Published on April 26, 2010 by gtra1n

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably Decent, April 26, 2010
This review is from: Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset with Microphone and Single-Button Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before reviewing the specifics of this product, it's important to briefly discuss the context, which is that there is no perfect earbud/in-ear set of 'phones for iPhone/iPod. All models are a compromise of sound quality, durability and comfort, and these Klipsch's are no exception. In comparison to the very best in-ear 'phones I've ever used, they have some advantages and disadvantages.

The sound quality compares favorably with the various Shure Sound Isolating earphones that I have used in the past, with a smooth quality, naturalness and clarity that is better than the Shure models, which are very clear but in comparison have an artificial touch to them. Bass leaves an impression without force, the same for any type of earphone. Noise-isolation is far inferior to the comparable Shure models, though, which effectively limit external noise. Wit the S2s, I can hear the sound of the keys clacking, crisply and transparently as I type this review, all while listening to the Rite of Spring.

Construction quality is also a mixed bag. The design seems to indicate that these will be durable - the actual horn on the Shures tends to crack after 18 months or so - but the handy lapel clip attached to the wires fell off and disappeared after I had used it once. They are far more comfortably in the ear than any other type I've used. It's inevitable that fatigue will develop when wearing anything like this long enough, but it comes far more slowly with the Klipsch.

Tested these with an iPhone, iPod Classic, MacBook Pro and iMac, they work equally well with all the hardware. Taken together with the price, these are a better than average value, if not the final answer to all your earphone questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with HTC Incredible, June 5, 2010
Katz (California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product based on price and Klipsch's reputation.

They are very comfortable but I will admit you will need to give yourself a little time for your ears to adjust to these type of head phones. Be a little patent and your eardrums will be happy.

The mic works very well, I have been walking home from work for the past three weeks and walked through windy conditions and people have not had a problem hearing me.

I rated this product five stars based on price and performance. This is the best buy for around $40.

Works great with HTC Incredible. (ANDROID FTW)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, great for everyday use., April 3, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first time I used IN EAR headsets and I must say it took me some time (a couple of hours) to get used to the concept, but once I did I really enjoyed them. They are lightweight and can be used for long time without too much problems.

The audio quality is not that impressive especially the bass, but for 40$ they are more than decent

They do a good job in blocking external sounds but they don't block them completely.

The worse part for me is that since the ear pieces go inside your ear they act like a `noise funnel' directly to your brain which means that any rustling of the cables echoes loudly inside your head, so I wouldn't recommend them for sports or activities that cause the cable to move around too much.

They have a clip to attach them to your jacket which is nice but most headsets have these.

Also, they have a mute button which is not all that useful since you still have earplugs in your ears when you mute the music so I prefer to remove them completely when I want to interact

In terms of compatibility, I tested with several phones, and the only one it worked well with was the motorola droid, all other phones including all generations of iphone, nexus one, g1, nokia smartphones and samsung galaxy did not work.

the additional ear plugs were of no use for me since the regular ones fit perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, August 20, 2010
I was hoping these were decent sounding, though mostly bought for the integrated mic so I could use with my iPhone 4 (company phone) and Droid X (personal phone) to make calls. Works with both but the sound is absolutely the worst I've heard in any headphones that cost more than $5. I broke them in for 24 hours as often is recommended for headphones, but that didn't improve the sound. I've tried high end headphones, UE Triplefi ~$400, other more moderately priced UE's, Shures, stock Apple, all the way down to cheap Coby's. These are the worst for sound. No bass and very tinny. The Elago E5's, also available from Amazon at the same price, are great sounding for the price, have the integrated mic, are better made, just as comfy, way better in every way. Though other Klipsch products I've tried seem decent, stay away from these unless you can pick them up close to free. I'll use them for phone calls, no music, but only if nothing else is available.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Wired Headset, March 10, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The KLIPSCH IMAGE S2M NOISE-ISOLATING HEADSET solved my problem! I am on the phone nearly 8 hours a day every day. I have a Bluetooth headset that I love, but as much as I love it, the battery life is not sufficient. I have been looking for a set of comfortable earbuds to wear once the battery in my Bluetooth dies. The set that came with my phone has very large earpieces that give me significant ear pain and a throbbing headache after about 20 minutes. I get very uncomfortable and unhappy when I have 2 hours left on my telecon.

I jumped at the chance to try this KLIPSCH IMAGE S2M NOISE-ISOLATING HEADSET. In the picture, the earbuds looked quite small. The advertising said that they would fit my ears properly, provide noise isolation, and have good sound quality. And I have to say, it delivers on all these promises.

As small as the KLIPSCH IMAGE S2M NOISE-ISOLATING HEADSET are in the picture, they come with two additional sets of ear tips that are even smaller. The smallest pair is perfect for me. They are comfortable, stay in, and mask the external sound. The mike is easy to use with the touch of a button. I can hear my co-workers clearly, and they tell me that I sound crystal clear.

I do, unfortunately, still get a little bit of ear pain. Not much and it takes awhile, but there is still some. But overall, these are very nice, sound good, and are much more comfortable than the alternatives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, except for the cord noise, February 23, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using the Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset on a 2nd generation iPod Touch. I have previously used only the standard ear buds that come with the iPod, so that's my only basis for comparison.

The Klipsch headset comes with a small, velvety carrying pouch (which snaps very securely shut) and three pairs of soft rubber eartips, in three sizes. There is a clip affixed to the cord, so that you can attach it to your clothing (but this can easily fall off the cord, so you have to be careful). The cord is about six inches longer than that which the standard iPod headphones have. On the cord that leads to your right ear there is a button which, when pressed, pauses the music. That is, it doesn't just temporarily turn off the sound going into the headphones; it actually pauses the music player, which is extremely convenient. (Usually, if someone starts talking to you while you're listening to music, you have to either pull out the ear buds or fiddle with your iPod to pause. This is a big improvement.)

Unlike the standard Apple ear buds, the ear tips on the Klipsch headset fit inside the ear canals. I don't have a problem using regular ear buds--though it's less comfortable in one ear than the other--but on the whole I find these ear tips more comfortable. My only negative on the comfort front is that it's actually a little ticklish having them in.

The ear tips are very easy to put in, and they're very secure once they're inserted. They do block out a lot of noise, which is both good and bad: it's good for the music, but bad if you'd like to have a better sense of what's going on around you while you're wearing them. The sound quality, as far as I can tell, is very good--but I'm also happy with the sound from the Apple headphones. These seem to me to have more bass, however. A big negative, though, is that I'm getting a lot of cord noise. (This is apparently called "microphonics," and is a standard problem with using in-ear headphones.) What this means is that if the cable rubs against your clothes, say, when you're walking, you'll hear it, and it's very distracting. The amount of noise seems to depend on what the cord rubs against. A walk outside with it scraping against my winter coat was annoyingly noisy. But wearing a regular cotton shirt on a treadmill, it wasn't very noticeable. (Though there is a dull thud in the background with each step you take.) This may rule out using the Klipsch headset while walking outside in a coat, though I'll have to experiment more with positioning the cord to see if I can reduce the noise. In short:

PROS
-- Comfortable
-- Easy to insert
-- Single-button control extremely convenient
-- Sound great (more bass than standard iPod headphones)
-- Block out background noise
-- Comes with handy clip

CONS
-- Slightly ticklish
-- Block out background noise
-- Cord noise!

-- Reviewed by Debra Hamel

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these for the price!!1, July 17, 2010
I have been wanting to by the bose but have been too cheap. I settled for these and let me say, it was well worth the money. I cannot speak about how these compare to the bose, or other high end headphone, but for the price they are a super buy! I own a landscaping business and have used many noise canceling headphones through the years. I've recently settled for the phillips in ear headphones because they stayed in so much better than any other. They discontinued them (or i've not been able to find them in stores). I decided to just take the plunge and get the bose since i would be spending >$50 anyway. I found these and thought for the price, i would give them a try. I could not be happier. These are by far and away, some of the best headphones i have ever had. I love them. The mic sounds much better than the iphone mic that comes in the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good so far, great sound quality and mic, August 21, 2010
R. Paskin "Arpie" (Fairfield, IA United States) - See all my reviews
Picked up a pair of these yesterday on sale for $20. I have had a long running quest for the perfect yet not pricey headset. My requirements: good fit (I have small ear canals), comfort, great sound quality, good microphone, button to answer/ hang-up/ play/ pause.

I'm really happy with the sound quality from these. I'm hearing a lot of detail in the music that I don't pick up with other headphones. As far as sound goes, I have some ifrogz EarPollution Timbre with a Walnut body that give a warmer sound. I like them, but they don't reproduce the details like the Klipsch does.

They are pretty comfortable (I'm using the smaller caps), although since they stick out so much you can't for example lay on your side in bed.

I am told also my voice is very clear with the mic on the Klipsch S2m.

The length of the cord is great. Also, I'm pleased the 3.5mm connector is 90 degree angled. I use it with my phone in my pocket most of the time and this will for sure prevent wear and tear since it doesn't stick out 3/4" from the phone (an iPhone 4, but I'm sure it will work fine with any other 3.5mm audio jack phone.)

So far, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, compact, great sound, March 4, 2010
Michael (Fairfax County, Virginia) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't usually like earbuds. Seems strange to put something into my ear. I have to say when I put these on, they were very comfortable. And the sound was wonderful. I very much enjoyed using this headset.

The button worked every time, and of course the iPhone would pause the music when a call came in.

I recently purchased a much more expensive headset along this line when a huge discount was offered by Amazon. Even though I find them also exceptional, these come close. What I especially like about these is that I can easily put them into my pants pocket having them available for use. No bulk. Love the case they come with.

I highly recommend them. You can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tinny music and painful on my ears, February 25, 2010
Jay "jason_j_a" (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm guessing you might like these if you are fan of these style of ear buds, but personally I can never get these style 'phones to fit in my ear comfortably and give decent sound. If I put them in at a comfortable depth, then they sound tinny and unimpressive. Sure they sound okay if I shove them deep into my ear canal but then that's not comfortable and they will eventually work their way out and then I have to repeat the insertion process again. The noise isolation is good, but that's merely a side effect of shoving a speaker deep into your ear canal, nothing fancy or active about this solution for noise "isolating".

The build quality is fine and seems nice. I do wish the cord was longer. The mic/button is little too close to my chin for my taste. It works well for the mic but I find myself always reaching lower for the button when I'm pausing or skipping songs. The mic/button works great with the iPhone 3gs, no complaints from my callers. Single, double, and triple clicks of the button all respond properly. A volume control would have been nice, but I guess you need to go up to the new S4 models to get that. I do like the magnetic closure pouch that the phones come in. They do also include 3 sets of silicone ear buds, I've tried them all and prefer the largest one.

I think these will make a decent set of phones on the go, but for noise isolation at work I think I prefer my Bose headphones. They may be big but they sound good and block all noise.