4.0 out of 5 stars Bang, literally, for the buck
Published on November 12, 2011 by HT_amateur

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price
It's not bad for the price but if you can pay the extra I would recommend something a little better. I'm running it with a Denon in Command 650 watt. I purchased it for my home theatre along with a set of Klipsch Quintet speakers and it's not quite as good as I expected.
Published 7 months ago by Daniel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Bang, literally, for the buck, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Klipsch SW-350 8-Inch 350 Watt Subwoofer (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased one of these from Amazon about 9 months ago, to replace an old Polk 150w sub. Even though this was a smaller size driver/cone, it significantly out-performed the Polk it replaced. I liked it so much, that I wanted a second one to have a less "directional" bass. In my house, I can't position the bass where it's location audibly isn't obvious. So I waited for another 'sale', and added a second one. This rounded out the room, and the positional nature of the bass source(s), is no longer apparent. It simply rounds-out the room. The directional nature of the bass, is not a subwoofer issue -- it's a placement issue.

For the price vs. performance, for my 7.1 Home Theater environment, this was a wonderful addition.

I will note, that both units sit on hardwood floors, and even with the rubber pads (that come with it) underneath the smallish feet, it will 'walk' a bit if you really crank it up -- especially for music, etc... Hasn't bothered me enough to figure out a better solution -- will probably see if adding some additional rubber pads (like the ones that go under sofas) will solve the 'walk'. I docked 1 star (4 out of 5) because of the walk and the design issue that leads to it.

Again, I'm not an audiophile -- so those who want to spend 3-4 times as much, to get that "little bit more" out of a subwoofer, sonically speaking, then that's great. I'm a cost-conservative person, and this - on sale - really fit the bill, twice ;)

Also, one of my requirements was downward firing -- I have cats, and anything with a face grill would not survive. This also works well for those with that 'unique' situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, November 9, 2009
Deeper base than my old Bose 321 system. For an 8 inch speaker makes a deep base sound. I have heard better but from larger, more expensive subwoofers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, go ahead…DO IT!!!, December 4, 2013
Freaking awesome…can't say much more than that. So happy that I decided to buy this. Was going to buy the 10", no need. Have it turned down to keep the couch and windows from jumping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, small unit, November 16, 2013
This unit has a good full sound for a small subwoofer. It fills my medium size family room with bass very well

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch SW-350 8-Inch 350 Watt Subwoofer (Black), September 9, 2013
William Beyer (SLIDELL, LA, US) - See all my reviews
Works extremely well, clear bass witha stylish look. I like the downward projecting speaker, can rock the house with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 9, 2013
Great subwoofer for the money. Really moves bass, subtle yet powerful and has good adjustments. Worth the money and you wont be dissapointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, November 24, 2012
This is a great subwoofer and pair really well with my kiplsh speaker I bought. Connected to my Yamaha receiver. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sub-woofer I've ever owned., June 9, 2013
Don't let the small, "eight-inch" size scare you away. This thing is loud. But it's not just loud... It hits hard, accurate, and deep. It's not overly "boomy", and it's not "muddy" sounding at all. It has plenty of power, and is very over-kill for the bookshelf speakers it was designed to work with. (Klipsch Icon KB-15/Synergy B-20) It doesn't look attractive in pictures, but it's much nicer looking in person. Has all the inputs and controls you need on the back, without anything extra you don't need. Very, very nice woofer.

Only a few, small little things I'd change or like to see improvement on:
- The feet/shape. I'd like to see a more boxy, full-looking, less curvy shape towards the top. The feet also are a glossy plastic and stick out to the sides. Feet directly under it would be nice, so it doesn't look like a big four-legged box.
- The speaker diaphragm is right on the bottom, un-covered and un-protected. Also, the only real way to comfortable move the speaker is by picking it up directly from the bottom. So be careful when moving it or placing it down that you don't pick it up by the speaker, or puncture/indent the speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sub, Big Difference, February 18, 2013
I finally upgraded from my basic 100w Sony sub to this 350w beast and the difference is staggering.

I've been into home theater for years now. Got the big t.v., Klipsch Quintet surround sound and everything sounded pretty good. If there was one thing I was a little foggy on, it was the importance of a quality subwoofer. Little did I know that there's much more than booming at the appropriate times. There's low frequency hums, low bass rhythms, and many bass tones you can feel rather than hear. I knew all these concepts before but didn't know how much of them I was missing with my basic sub.

Enter the Klipsch SW-350. The 350 answered all my questions about what I was missing and how much difference there is between subs. I tested everything from action films to classical music, jazz and rock and was very happy with the results. Bass lines, horns, drums, engines and gunshots were all thicker heavier and beefier. Explosions rocked the living room and made me nervous that I might blow out the windows!!! In short, I heard it, I felt it, I'm sold.

If you're looking for a sub for your new or existing home theater set up, look no further. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best sub at this price range on the market. My Klipsch speaker system is complete and I can't recommend this sub or their quality products enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass. Sounds like a bigger sub., February 19, 2014
Got these to go along with my Klipsch Icon speakers. Nice deep room shaking bass. Very happy with purchase. Sub sounds like it is a 12" not and 8".

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x8ffd8d98)

Klipsch SW-350 8-Inch 350 Watt Subwoofer (Black)
$369.00 $339.95