4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Published on May 30, 2007 by R. Ochoa

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge the Ipod Touch 2g or New Nano 4g!!
Published on December 7, 2008 by K. Doughty

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, May 30, 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove SXT iPod Sound System (Black) (Electronics)
I've been using the new iGroove SXT and I am impressed. I have never used the original one but I can imagine they are similar. They both have dual 2.5 woofers and this one has a .75" tweeter as opposed to the originals 1". This one has some of the same flaws I read about in some of the original ones reviews. It has excellent sound at low and mid-high ranges is very good all the way through the volume range with noramal songs, but, with bassy songs at high volumes you get distortion and it's not always pretty. Alot of it can be fixed with the EQ function on the iPod though. I have cruised many of the local electronic stores and can say this one slaughters most of the competition when it comes to clarity, volume and a real life presence in the sound. The mm50 by Logitech can't touch it. The Bose is clearer at high volumes. The altec is as loud but not as clear. Many others like the On Stage II, iHome, iLove, Logitech's and many others aren't even in the same category. This one is much better. The original Klipsch is probably a tad bit louder, by the specs, and is selling dirt cheap right now. But, this one is smaller, has an s- video output and is much better looking,looking more Bose like. This SXT can also be set to turn on with the iPod's alarm, unlike the original Klipsch iGroove.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge the Ipod Touch 2g or New Nano 4g!!, December 7, 2008
I purchased this unit because of the great reviews that it has. I did like the sound, my issue was that when I docked my Ipod Touch 2g there was an immediate message on the ipod that said charging is not compatible with this accessory. I immediately went to the Amazon site and reread the listing. Keep in mind that I researched this and other comparable systems for about a week before I purchased. The Amazon site stated that it was compatible with the ipod touch 2g and that it charges all ipods. This is simply not true. I did a google search and found a review from a man on Amazon in the UK and he confirmed the error message that I was getting and he also stated that it is not compatible with the new Nano 4g. Amazon needs to change the description to reflect this. I purchased this through Amazon from [...] which I will say was very friendly and easy to deal with in the return process!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound- GREAT price., June 10, 2007
G. Jay "grad student" (Beaverton, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I have looked at this player and the Bose for several weeks now and decided on this one for several reasons... first the sound quality is very good and I noticed no difference between it and the Bose.... AND it was $100 cheaper than Bose. Also you can plug iPods and MP3 players into it as well as a laptop.... AND it runs video on your iPod which Bose does not... overall I just liked it better and spent the extra $100 on new music :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, though I had hoped for a bit more, January 10, 2008
I'm giving this product five stars despite some mild disappointment on my part. Probably like a lot of folks I have been frustrated at not being able to play my iPod over anything other than my earphones. So I got this so that I could listen to music without using my noise isolating earphones. For one thing, I wanted to be able to hear phone calls or hear the door bell ring.

The only problem with this unit is probably my expectations. I was hoping for a unit that would sound nearly as good over the small speakers as it does over my earphones. It doesn't. But that really says more about what I was hoping for rather than what was reasonable. The fact is that the iGroove provides great sound at a relatively small price. Does it rival the sound of a speaker system with a subwoofer? Absolutely not. But for its size it provides quite a wallop.

On the upside this is a very attractive unit and takes up very, very little space on my desk. And it is incredibly easy to use. I come home, take off my earphones, pop my iPod into my iGroove, and go about my business.

My one real complaint is with the remote. The remote is, to be honest, almost useless. The only real use would be if you were sitting a few feet away and wanted to make minimal adjustments. But you can't use it to choose what you listen to apart from skipping to the next song or scooting back to the previous. In fact, I find that I use the iPod wheel instead of the remote.

I definitely recommend this for anyone who wants an easy and convenient way to listen to their iPod over speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars forego anything else at the same price., November 24, 2007
N8andM (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
When searching for a ipod speaker system we tried out some models from Target, bought one and had to return it. Then we went to the Apple store to give some speakers a listen. After deciding that the Harmon Kardon Go +Play was the best sounding (at $350), and the B&W Zeppelin was the 2nd runner up (at $600) we decided on this non-descript, but great sounding system. We tested the D-A-N-C-E song from Justice and Bach's cello concerto in G, two totally different songs with quite different ranges and sound mastering styles. The cello concerto sounded so warm, like it was playing on my stereo system at home. We buy it. At home I try the soundtrack to Tous Les Matin du Monde- (deep bass, high and clear voices and lot s of vibrato)and have been so impressed- almost brought to tears. Everything came out so clear, almost analog sounding. I didn't know a thing about the speakers before we bought them, and after googling them, I find that they are award-winning. Here is what I loved hearing on it:Tous Les Matins du Monde/Dix Ans Apres

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible sound and value, October 22, 2007
David Hukill "TiVo addict" (Bedford, NH United States) - See all my reviews
I originally started searching for an iPod alarm clock. My wife and son already have an iHome, and I considered one for myself, but I was never impressed with the sound quality, so I decided to do a little research. After some simple web searches, I found a couple iPod alarm clocks that were rated better than the iHome, at similar prices. One of the items that came up in my search was the Klipsch iGroove SXT. It doesn't have an alarm clock, but it has instant-on capability with the alarm clock feature of every iPod. After thinking about this, it made so much more sense for me. First, there are already 2 digital clocks in our bedroom: my wife's aforementined iHome, and one on our cable TV box. The latter is easily seen from our bed. It just didn't make sense to have yet another clock eating up electricity in the room. Second, I already own Klipsch speakers, and *love* their sound. So I went to BestBuy to check it out. Well it didn't take long to convince me this was the way to go. The sound is rich and bright, just as I like it, and as I expected from Klipsch. I paid $170 for it right then and there. I could probably have save a few $$$ had I shopped around, but I didn't bother. I use this unit primarily as an alarm clock with my iPod, and it suits that function beautifully. However, when needed, this unit can rock our bedroom with the sound quality one would expect from Klipsch. Lastly, the footprint of this unit is quite small: a little wider than an iHome, but not as deep. The black finish looks very compact and elegant on my nightstand. I am extremely impressed and happy with this unit, and would recommend it to anyone shopping for similar units.

5.0 out of 5 stars best sound and quality under $300, January 16, 2008
whiterabbit "harmony" (Yakima, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
I've had my Klipsch SXT for just over a year now and I have totally enjoyed its beautiful rich sound and high quality workmanship. The rich sound is very impressive and there is practically no loss or distortion, even at very high volume... very pleasant!). I think it is fairly comparable to the Bose system, but at half the price.

I am now shopping for a second set of iPod speakers for work (my new 160 GB iPod fits into the Klipsch SXT perfectly but is too big for the docking station of my cheaper speakers at work ie: Altec Lansing InMotion Folding speakers). So I've looked around for a very compact, yet premium-sounding, speaker setup for the workplace. After looking around online for a couple days I think I may just buy another set of Klipsch SXT's since I can't seem to find anything for under $300 that compares. The Klipsch iFi looks really nice too but is not as compact as I would like for the workplace. So for the money I still think the Klipsch SXT can't be beat.

Addon note: I ended up buying the Klipsch iFi and taking my old SXT to work. The iFi is amazing!!!! Also highly recomended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Five star quality sound for iPods, but not iPhone 3G friendly, August 24, 2008
Watson Edison (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this sound system in December 2007. It was a replacement for a JBL OnStage. The sound was deeper and richer. It fills a room despite it's small size. Bass is what you would expect from a system this size, but it's no competitor for a true sound system with dedicated bass.

I've used this unit with my iPod Nano, iPod Video, and iPod Touch with no problems in sound quality and features. The unit also charges those products through an internal firewire connection.

Using the unit with the iPhone 3G has problems. First, because the iPhone is a cellular device, it produces noticeable interference unless you switch the iPhone into Airplane Mode, which turns off Wi-Fi and cell phone features. My iPod Touch did not produce interference from the Wi-Fi so I'm assuming it's only coming from the cellular connection. Second, the iPhone 3G removed the internal firewire connection, so the Klipsch system does not charge the iPhone 3G because charging is only accomplished through the USB connection. Other than those two problems, music plays fine through the Klipsch system.

One thing that could have made the product better was to have an RF remote instead of IR. I use this product at work and the use of fluorescent lighting limits the range of the remote to just a few feet within line of sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't compare to the Bose soundDock, February 28, 2008
I'm very picky when it comes to the quality of sound. I have previously tested a Bose SoundDock and it's a wonderful overpriced machine, great sound and no distortions on high volume. The Klipsch cannot compete with the SoundDock because it's on a different league. This is a smaller unit with great sound on the low and high frequencies even at high volumes, but don't cross the line, it will start to distort a little if the volume is way to high. It's great for a bedroom but you can still place it on the living-room, but don't expect it to perform at a teenage party. For the great bass, the small size, the remote and the price, I'll give it a 9.5, I'm pleased with the product but not impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price and sounds ok too... I suppose I'm hard to please!, October 24, 2007
Yes, this little box is quite amazing. It has the contempo look and style, etc., and an S-Video port for output to a TV for watching your iPod videos. It holds it's own soundwise as well. But I'm lazy... I needed the remote to work well, and this one was really bad. That's what killed it for me. It has tiny buttons and I have big hands. You have to point it directly at the sensor for it to work at all. The unit was also much smaller than it appears, which may be a good thing for some. But if you want better bass sound, there are other systems out there that are somewhat better along those lines, and that have usable remotes! I sent this one back, and reckon I'll just keep shopping! Good luck with it to you though. It actually is a smart purchase... and may be just the unit you want -but not me. I shopped around a lot before I bought this. All in all, this box isn't so bad for the price, what you do get from it, and the unit's total quality... but the remote just had to go. I want to be able to give 5 STARS to the next system I get. -Peace.

Klipsch iGroove SXT iPod Sound System (Black)
Used & New from: $64.99