Kmart has the better deal = $20 VG credit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2010 8:23:19 AM PST
Grimes says:
Kmart has a $20 vg credit with purchase of epic mickey

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 9:30:56 AM PST
You have to remember, you're also paying tax.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 9:36:13 AM PST
Grimes says:
Tax isn't going to kill that deal

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 3:51:59 PM PST
I agree...much better deal at Kmart with $20 credit...too bad amazon isn't going to price match this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 6:47:44 PM PST
Grimes says:
Well, it's not really price matching. It would be offer matching....

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 5:30:24 AM PST
Offer matching would be great...if Amazon matched the Kmart deal - I would buy it now! So far, the best deal is Kmart at $49.99 with a $20 gaming credit.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 7:12:02 AM PST
Gareee says:
Does anyone know if the gaming coupons at kmart can be combined on the same item? (Say, if I had two, they could both be used on a game, so long as the amount of the game exceeds the total of the combined coupons.)
I tried calling kmart, but all lines are busy, and it disconnects.

Also, can the coupon codes be used in stores, or online only?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 4:00:13 AM PST
Aoshi says:
I think it's store-only since the cashier needs to scan the barcaode, unless there's option to enter online (but you would be charged shipping and tax). The same type of coupon (like if you have 2 $15 from the Mickey box from Kmart before, I have 3) can't be combined on a single purchase though, but okay in separate transactions. I'm just going to use the leftover to get some 1600 MS point or $20 PSN cards by adding $5.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 7:27:32 AM PST
Gareee says:
The coupons are online only.. I spoke to one of the reps in chat yesterday. And coupons cannot be combined on the same item.

While the kmart deal is tempting, I think I'll be making my trip to TRU today... I also have a $10 gift cert from them, and also additional points using my TRU CC as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 9:27:47 AM PST
Actually, you can only get the coupons in store right now. When you purchase the game at the store, a coupon will print out after your receipt, which you can use on a future purchase. Josh Deane, the Senior Buyer of Video Games at Kmart, has a coupon survival guide on the CAG website under the Kmartgamer thread. See here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277909

Definitely worth looking at this thread if you do decide to get the Kmart coupon train rolling. Here's the current info Josh has posted, which he often updates:

Kmart Savings Coupon Survival Guide:
ALWAYS CHOOSE RECEIPT, NOT EMAIL, FOR COUPONS. STORES WILL REJECT EMAIL COUPONS AND I HAVE NO ABILITY TO HELP PUSH THEM THROUGH DUE TO FRAUD ISSUES.

* Coupons with different barcodes can be stacked but coupons with the same barcode cannot be stacked
o Example #1 Halo Reach $25 coupon and Dead Rising 2 $20 coupon can be used on one purchase
o Example #2 Halo Reach $25 coupon and another Halo Reach $25 coupon cannot be used on one purchase
* Using a coupon on an item with another coupon offer will not stop the new coupon from printing out
* The total purchase must at least equal the total value of the coupon pre-tax
* Generally speaking, Kmart Savings Coupons are valid for 45 days unless otherwise noted
* They print off on a second receipt at checkout and are available at all Kmart locations.
o Always check that you have been given your coupon!
* Sometimes the coupons are valid only for specific platforms or products which are called out specifically on the coupon and advertising vehicle.
* Multiple coupons will print out at check out, you do not have to do each on separate transactions
o The exception is when you expect multiple coupons for multiple items from the same promo - in that case, they need to be rung up separately. For example, the $10 for any Wii/DS game promo will only work once per transaction.
* Gaming coupons are valid on Points/Live/PSN Cards unless otherwise stated in the promotion
* We do not offer rainchecks on items with coupons.
* Gaming coupon offers that are in ad are actually available in all locations, even non-circular areas
* There is a delay in the activation of the coupon until the following Sunday
o For example, buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $20 Gaming coupon on Tuesday, the code will not be effective until that Sunday.
* They are currently not able to be redeemed online
* Coupons are only redeemable at Kmart
* There are no limit to coupons issued in store. Stores do not "run out" of them. If the item is instock and is part of a coupon promotion it will print

Following is the standard language on the gaming coupons:

$XX off regular, sale or clearance priced
gaming purchase in-store of $XX or more (before
taxes and after other discounts have been applied)
in a single transaction. Limit 1 of this coupon
barcode redeemable per transaction. Coupon can be
used with other gaming coupons in the same
transaction. Savings for combined coupons cannot
exceed pre-tax gaming purchase. Not valid on Buy
One, Get One events; non-merchandise; federal or
state regulated items; prior purchases; if acquired
from a non Sears Holdings-approved channel; if
reproduced; and/or, where prohibited by law. Any
other use constitutes fraud. Coupon value applied
and pro-rated across all qualifying items; including
qualifying items purchased in addition to the
minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted
from any refund. Cash value 1/20 of a cent. Valid at
all Kmart store locations.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 6:47:12 PM PST
We brought the game from K Mart because of this, but you have to have a rewards card (which is free) and you can't use the 20 dollar gift certificate until the 5th. I was gonna use it to buy the donkey kong game today but can't use it yet. Oh yeah, and don't let them try to tell you that you can only get the certificate if you buy the collectors edition because thats not right at all. The ad does not specify, it just says epic mickey...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 6:58:27 PM PST
Aoshi says:
Actually kmart gives a $20 gaming coupon for the regular edition of Epic mickey and $30 coupon for the collector's edition. I just used $45 coupon from before and picked up the game at kmart for $5+tax and got another $20 coupon to use later :)

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 4:35:54 PM PST
M. Steele says:
oh my god, all this talk about how to get a coupon for $20.00. I'm sure I'm going to pay too much when I buy it in a minute from Amazon, but I'll be eating dinner with my family while the rest of you are looking for the next coupon, or driving in holiday shopping traffic (spending money on gas), to get to KMart or Walmart or wherever you can get it for $5.00 less. I'm not elitist or rich or lazy, I guess I'm just willing to pay a few dollars more to buy it at the price I see right here, right now. Good luck, ya'll!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2010 4:49:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2010 4:51:51 PM PST
Aoshi says:
well, w/ previous coupons from Kmart, I picked up my copy of Epic Mickey for $5 and then got another $20 coupon. It's actually not very hard, you just go to kmart, get the game and they print you a $20 coupon for your next game purchase. I used to buy from Amazon, but their $10 credit just can't beat Kmart's $20-25 coupon, plus I get to play the game on day 1, instead of waiting for Amazon to ship to me in a week since I only use free shipping.

BTW, kmart had another deal for Epic Mickey before, when you bought an empty Epic mickey box for $5, you get a $15 coupon, I bought 3 of them, so I spent $15 and got $45 in return, and buying EM gives you another $20 coupon, so that saved much more money if you had taken advantage of the kmark deals.

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 12:14:33 PM PST
I'm giving Epic Mickey for Christmas to the grandchildren. Now I see the paintbrush...so I have to have that? Or, will a basic Wii controller work for the game components ? I'm not a gamer, just a grandma who buys what is requested and keeps it a secret till Christmas...will I bum them out is what I need to know fast ! Thank YOu... Happy Holidays gamers...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2010 12:28:53 PM PST
We use the regular controller.

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 1:08:33 PM PST
Thank You. So glad I don't have to buy another. I bought E. M. at Amazon. Now, I'll check first at K-Mart...good advice on this blog !

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 6:19:38 PM PST
Wii Lover says:
No tax in my state. thank for tip!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Disney Epic Mickey - Nintendo Wii
Disney Epic Mickey - Nintendo Wii by Disney (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (465)