Kmart offering a $20 gaming coupon!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2011 4:00:41 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Thats right buy the game at Kmart get a $20 gaming coupon for use on future game purchases. Make sure you have your shop your reward card. You also get money back on your card for every Kmart and Sears purchase you make.
Batman has an even better offer from Kmart!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:18:09 PM PDT
CJVN says:
Thanks. Hopefully Amazon matches this, but I doubt it.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:22:00 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Your welcome! They wont they havent been for some time now as this has been going on with Kmart. Amazon must be having some marketing issues.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:26:20 PM PDT
CJVN says:
Yeah Amazon has gotten bad at matching preorder deals as well as sales prices lately. Don't know what the deal is.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:34:18 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
I know it. I was very loyal to Amazon but you have to go where the savings is. Look me up on Facebook and Kmartgamer too.
My name is Larry Freese you will get info before everyone else does on upcoming offers.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 6:26:14 PM PDT
I'd pay $10 not to waste my time driving to K-Mart, hunting down an employee, sending them on a scavenger hunt to find the game, leaving empty handed, then ordering it from Amazon anyway...

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 9:14:48 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
@ Brandon......Good for your Brandon I make the trip to Kmart worth my while and pick up other items I need. My cell phone comes in handy to call the store as they will hold the game for me at customer service. So sorry, you can't please everyone but I have found a method to make my shopping a pleasant experience, you just have to use that gift God gave you, your brain.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 6:40:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2011 6:42:18 AM PDT
LeroyJMC says:
I preordered from Amazon months ago when the price was $46.99 so combine that with the $10 credit they have going and I'm saving a few bucks more...plus no tax from Amazon and free release date shipping with prime.

I learned last year to order early from Amazon and the price is usually a few dollars less.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 7:03:30 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
@LeroyJMC its hard to get in at that price as they don't keep it for long. I too learned that. Amazon use to have $20 offers on games too. I learned that they don't anymore, so Kmart even if I have to pay a little tax its not a big deal...After all, you are responsible to pay tax at the end of the year when you shop at Amazon too, did you know that. Plus Kmart offers my tax money back anyway on the Shop your rewards card for every thing you purchase you get money back on your card. I just got $15 last week during bonus week at Kmart on my purchases...Plus I will get $30 back on Batman and a free T-shirt...so you see Kmart has much more offers than Amazon and better deals all around.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 6:14:18 AM PDT
@L.Freese - Trust me, I'm already using my brain. After having a horrible experience multiple times at K-Mart where these games are rarely stocked when they say they will be and I'm left with gaming coupons I have to throw away on PSN cards, my brain kicked in and told me to stop wasting my time. 40 minutes in the car plus, typically, 15 minutes in the store is not worth $10 for me. My time is worth more than that.

Also, Amazon still does have $20 offers on games. Lord of the Rings: War in the North and The Sims 3: Pets both currently have $20 offers.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 6:29:24 AM PDT
@Brandon, Man, both of those games you listed sure sound tempting...anyways, you must just have a bad Kmart, because the one I go to always has the newest stuff out day one. And I've saved so much money with them it's ridiculous. So, I do understand that your Kmart sounds terrible, but I basically won't buy a game from anywhere else now. And I definitely won't buy anything full price anymore when you can get $20 back launch day on most titles.

...did I mention Batman Arkham City comes with a $30 coupon and a free shirt...that is madness

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 8:15:58 AM PDT
@Patrick Yeah, I know some people are able to take advantage of these K-Mart deals. Many are not, though. If you read the KMart deals thread at cheapassgamer, there seem to be about just as many people have problems as those with successes. I've jumped onboard the K-Mart coupon train a few times and it always ends badly - I would be taking advantage of their deals more often if it didn't turn into such a headache. I've had some successes during one week where I amassed coupons I planned on using towards other games I was planning on buying the next week, then those games would never come in (or, at least, they couldn't be found) and I'm stuck with the coupons. Some stores will only get a few copies of some of these games, too, so you have to hope you're one of the few people going to K-Mart for that deal.

And, yeah, I saw the Arkham City deal. It's that type of insane deal that makes me want to give them another shot... I just know I will stop in there to get Arkham City and it won't be there.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 10:58:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011 10:58:42 AM PDT
CJVN says:
$.10 price drop. Wheres the $20 future credit?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 11:58:57 AM PDT
@Brandon I'm all over cheapassgamer, and yes there is a ton of complaining, it's mostly because if someone didn't have a problem then they don't post about it. I think I'm lucky to have a mostly competent kmart in my area. I guess maybe just call ahead if you do try again, be pushy about checking in the back for their games, and don't be affraid to get in contact with Josh on the Kmartgamer and cheapassgamer websites (on cheapassgamer he goes by SHC Gamer) I've emailed him maybe 5 times throughout the year or so I've been buying from Kmart and he's always taken care of my problem, be it my coupon didn't print or a bonus item wasn't received. He always shipped a giftcard out to me, sometimes for $5 more than the deal was for. It's that kind of customer service I wish all Kmarts had, but unfortunately it seems like terrible people end up working there.

But if you do find them being out of stock on something that should be there like a big release, say Batman or MW3, I'd say shoot Josh an email, he'll be able to check there stock, see what's going on, and help you out. Probably make it worth your while, and get you the deal you wanted.

Yea, I guess that does sound like a bit of a headache...but seems worth it to me, buying as many games as I do to try and get the best deals, and that seems to be kmart for me. And at least the higher up customer support (Josh...ect..) has been wonderful.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 1:55:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011 2:00:27 PM PDT
CJVN says:
Orders shipped, guess no $20 credit. Although I bet in a couple days they'll be giving one. I had emailed Amazon the other day to let them know about this again and voice my opinion that they hadn't been competitive with deals lately. The rep said they had several discounts and promotions planned but couldn't say what they were yet. What a joke.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 2:48:20 PM PDT
I don't see how we can submit the Kmart deal to Amazon because it requires a coupon. However, I got the 45 and 10 back combination, so it still beats the 60 and 20 back from Kmart.

Here's hoping the reviews for this game are good!

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 3:06:19 PM PDT
CJVN says:
You got the $10 already? I haven't gotten mine

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 7:55:34 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
@Brandon Fisher DUDE....40 min drive? Damn where do you live some small town? Or a HUGE city?
Anyway your brain needs to use one more item at your disposal now that Im going to post it for you.
kmartgamerhelpme@searshc.com this is the email to Kmarts Corporate buyer of games. Next time they are out of stock and Kmart gives you the run around you write these guys and watch how they take care of things. YOU the customer is important....SO dude Im with ya if you been screwed around I wont take that crap...
SO do me a favor make sure first your not getting screwed call ahead have them hold your game...then if you get messed with again or any other thing happens....YOU write them.
I have never had to throw my gaming coupons away as a matter of fact YOU write them if you ever get yourself in that situation...they will call the store to verify your game isnt there and will take care of you. Do yourself a favor though and call ahead.

Yes Amazon has SOME 20 specials but most are lame games now.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 8:02:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011 8:27:42 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
@ BRandon........Everything Patrick said is 100% true,,,,you just need to be proactive and dont get pushed around. Stand up for yourself and do write that email I gave you. Also its best to get to Kmart day one when they open thats what I do. Because your right if your Kmart is low stocked they will sell quickly. DONT take BS from your Kmart.
I was screwed before too. Now they see me coming and try there best to make sure I am taken care of. And Josh is the corporate buyer at Kmart and has new employees to help out there and I can assure you once he verifys your complaints you will be happy once he takes care of you.
Again dude dont get stomped on your the customer.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 8:31:08 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
I want to say...I have had my share of troubles here at Amazon too. An example of one is Amazons automated system charged my credit card for nearly $500 this year. I did not know who made the charge so I cancelled my card...that really messed things up for me. Amazon found out what happened and the credit came back wrong too. Amazon could not get it straight for over a month. So you think Amazon is perfect NO. Do I hate them NO. I still buy here but just alot less since Kmart stepped up to do things right for us consumers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Playstation 3
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (168)