5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, fantastic Kindle price
Published on October 23, 2010 by Pushed 60

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read...not great....
Published on August 1, 2010 by J. Brandt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, fantastic Kindle price, October 23, 2010
Don't let the Publisher's Weekly review keep you from reading this book. I downloaded it because at $3.99 it wasn't going to be a big loss if the book was no good. Hah! It was great...I was expecting a Patricia Cornwell/James Patterson type novel and this was much, much better, with a completely unpredictable ending! Police/doctor mysteries are not what I usually read, but this was just different enough that it held my interest throughout. It's hard to give a synopsis without creating a spoiler but just read it...you won't be disappointed and if you have a Kindle, it's a great bargain at twice the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, interesting mystery, October 5, 2010
MN Snowman (Shoreview, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This is the author's first book and at times it shows. But I found it interesting and worthy of continued attention. Liked it well enough to put the author on my Follow for Next Book list.

I also saw it's discounted to only $3.99 for the Kindle edition. I'd say that's a great bargain rather than a statement of relative value... be a bargain hunter and you will not be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read...not great...., August 1, 2010
This review is from: Knife Music: A Novel (Hardcover)
I have to be the first (?) to only give this book less than 4 stars. Why? First, the going back and forth between what led to the incident of rape and suicide in the book and then the return to the present day events wore me out. I also think that before I bought the book I assumed that it was going to be a 5 star read given the reviews from other readers so I may have been expecting too much.

The suspect, Ted Cogan, is a surgeon who operates on a 16 year old girl after she is involved in a severe auto accident. The story includes all types of people (other doctors, ex girlfriends of the doctor and friends or acquaintances of the 16 year old). Later, the girl commits suicide and, according to her diary, she is in love with this surgeon. Did he have anything to do with her death? Did he commit the rape of this girl that he is accused of? I'll let you read the book to find out, but I just did not enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. Yes, it has a good twist at the end, but I still found myself frustrated by the "back in time and now here's the present day" writing style.

I liked the book. I didn't give it 4 stars or more. It wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't great either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put down., October 11, 2010
I read this book in two days. Fast paced. I could not put this book down. I will definately be waiting for David Camoys next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 28, 2010
This was an amazing suspense story. Ted Cogan is a great character to get to know. He is a surgeon with a a sense of humor and both feet on the ground. Being good looking doesn't hurt him either but does it make him a rapist? You will ask yourself this over and over as you read. I changed my mind more than once.

The writing flows very well and the author manages to not only take us into the mind of a gifted surgeon but the minds of teens as well, boys and girls. That is no easy feat if you ask me. Each chapter tells the story from a different character which I liked.

I particularly enjoyed reading the snippets from Kristen's Journal. The author hit it right on the head with the style a teen uses while talking. I admit annoying to read at times but dead on.

Example from page: 145
"She was like did he say anything about me? And I was like,yeah, he asked me where my partner in crime was. And I was like, she's over talking to the Gap guy."

If you are a mystery, suspense, thriller lover pick up this book. It's hard to believe it's the author's debut novel. I sure want more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down -- consider yourself warned!, November 18, 2010
D. Chugh (Garden City, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knife Music: A Novel (Hardcover)
I could not put this book down! The suspense was killing me ... and, I really was rooting for several of the characters, despite the fact that they were adversaries! They were so believable, and so human, and so admirable yet flawed. The book made me think, and at the same time, totally swept me away into that wonderful place that only books can create where you aren't thinking at all. Now, I feel the need to re-read the book to put it all together, or at least debrief with someone else who has read the book. Definitely a book I highly recommend, and one I plan to include in several Christmas presents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for kindle, October 31, 2010
I have been in a reading rut and was looking for something new, and Kindle had this book priced $3.99, for a first time author. The premise seemed interesting and the ratings were really good so I thought I would give it a try. I really liked it- it moved along well and had a solid ending. I will look for more from this author and thank you Amazon for pricing it right for me to give it a try, I don't know if I would have otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, October 31, 2010
I completely enjoyed Knife Music, it had lots of twists and turns and kept me guessing till the end, I was particularly impressed with the investigative details. I have a law enforcement background and found this author to be very technically correct. I highly recommend this book and look forward to his next one. One of the reasons I purchased this book was the price point and positive reviews. I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I read it too fast!, October 20, 2010
What a steal in the Kindle store. My only complaint was it was so good, I read it too quickly! Should have paced myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Knife Music, August 31, 2010
This review is from: Knife Music: A Novel (Hardcover)
Reading Knife Music was an experience akin to having excellent, healthy, fast food. Fast paced,excellent plot, enough detail without being distracting,well developed interesting characters,and an ending that was worth the wait. I read the book in a day, just made my Train stop on my commute, and went to bed 2 hours past my normal time. I can now look forward to getting my life back. Kudos!

Knife Music: A Novel
Knife Music: A Novel by David Carnoy (Hardcover - July 8, 2010)
$24.95 $20.45