5.0 out of 5 stars I should be too old for this sh*t...
...but somehow I am not. I kept repeating "Oh NO..." every time I turned the page, then laughing like crazy. This book is ridiculous, absurd, pointless, awful, and completely hilarious. Five stars.
Published on September 27, 2012 by Jonnie

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny... but...
The bang for your buck factor here kinda stinks. Yeah, the book is funny but the value is skewed in the sense that you pay a lot for something funny that lasts nanoseconds if you're able to draw it out.

I liked the sad pickle at the end.

Don't buy the book.
Published 5 months ago by Ollie Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars I should be too old for this sh*t..., September 27, 2012
This review is from: K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Parody of a Children's Learn the Alphabet Picture Book, November 6, 2012
James N Simpson (Gold Coast, QLD Australia) - See all my reviews
This is a little different to All My Friends Are Dead and its sequel, in that this book rhymes. It's actually a poem where usually four sentences are presented for each letter where the last line rhymes with the second on each page, such as "J is for Justice. Make sure things are fair. If somebody wrongs you, just cut off their hair." Usually, the format changes with a few letters where a blunt message such as "G is for Grandma. Remind her that she'll be dead soon." These are sort of more shocking because the rhythm of the rhyming poem has been broken. Some letters even have two examples so they are over spread over four pages, such as "F if for Fire, made with logs and lighter, Throw Daddy's wallet in, It'll Burn Brighter!" Turn the page and it's "Now Daddy is shouting like you've never heard, And he keeps repeating a different F word." Usually there's text on the left page with a picture on the right.

It's a fun read, obviously a parody and giving the opposite advice to what you would tell a child. In fact the book clearly says on the back cover. This book is not suitable for children of any age. Don't just jump straight to the poem and picture pages though, the legal disclaimer at the front asking you to sign that you won't take legal action against the authors is really funny too. The illustrations are also a lot of fun. Like with All My Friends Are Dead, I'd prefer these books were the normal picture book size but that's just a small gripe. It's pretty hard not to enjoy these books, they are definitely a laughing and talking point to anyone who picks them up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great off-humor adult book, January 28, 2013
Quite funny if you're suited to this kind of humor. Goes great with our other books "All My Friends are Dead" and "All My Friends are Still Dead."

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, January 3, 2014
This became the hit of our Christmas for the adults. Each one picked up the book and smirked as they flipped page to page. If you're snarky or have a dark sense of humor, just give up and buy the book now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious!!!!, May 31, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my 22 year old brother who was graduating from college as a deviation from the normal books that one gets for graduation. I read it before giving it to him and almost thought about keeping it for myself. Once he got it on graduation day he read it and though I had already heard what the book had to say, there is just something about the way that it is written to make you laugh again. Throughout the day, he read it or showed it to everyone that was in and out. This book is definitely not a traditional alphabet book for someone of a very young age; however, I believe that the range of people that can enjoy this book is very wide. I for one LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book for adults, January 26, 2013
This book is hilarious, I love it. I won't read it to my son right now (who is 2), but when he's older I will. Just as a joke.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing if short, January 23, 2013
AJWKM "A MIndy" (Indianapolis, USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a stocking gift for my Sister and her husband. It is a fun little book that will bring some smiles, it is short but a good book for the coffee table to elicit grins!

5.0 out of 5 stars M is for Middleschoolers love it!, January 19, 2013
I was shown this by an 8th grader. What a hoot for those who love sarcasm and black humor, like Middleschoolers and those who refuse to grow up, like those who teach them!

4.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, so little time, April 21, 2014
The only problem with this book, is how short it is. I know there are only so many letters in the alphabet, but this book was so much fun I wish we had 26 more!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, April 29, 2014
This book was sooo funny to me, but be careful not everyone will get it. I laugh every time I think about it, but some did not appreciate it. But those are the people that you probably dont really like anyway!

K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice
K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice by Avery Monsen (Hardcover - September 26, 2012)
$9.95 $9.45
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.