Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 6, 2012
This is a little different to All My Friends Are Dead and its sequel, in that this book rhymes. It's actually a poem where usually four sentences are presented for each letter where the last line rhymes with the second on each page, such as "J is for Justice. Make sure things are fair. If somebody wrongs you, just cut off their hair." Usually, the format changes with a few letters where a blunt message such as "G is for Grandma. Remind her that she'll be dead soon." These are sort of more shocking because the rhythm of the rhyming poem has been broken. Some letters even have two examples so they are over spread over four pages, such as "F if for Fire, made with logs and lighter, Throw Daddy's wallet in, It'll Burn Brighter!" Turn the page and it's "Now Daddy is shouting like you've never heard, And he keeps repeating a different F word." Usually there's text on the left page with a picture on the right.

It's a fun read, obviously a parody and giving the opposite advice to what you would tell a child. In fact the book clearly says on the back cover. This book is not suitable for children of any age. Don't just jump straight to the poem and picture pages though, the legal disclaimer at the front asking you to sign that you won't take legal action against the authors is really funny too. The illustrations are also a lot of fun. Like with All My Friends Are Dead, I'd prefer these books were the normal picture book size but that's just a small gripe. It's pretty hard not to enjoy these books, they are definitely a laughing and talking point to anyone who picks them up.
on September 27, 2012
...but somehow I am not. I kept repeating "Oh NO..." every time I turned the page, then laughing like crazy. This book is ridiculous, absurd, pointless, awful, and completely hilarious. Five stars.
on April 29, 2014
This book was sooo funny to me, but be careful not everyone will get it. I laugh every time I think about it, but some did not appreciate it. But those are the people that you probably dont really like anyway!
on April 21, 2014
The only problem with this book, is how short it is. I know there are only so many letters in the alphabet, but this book was so much fun I wish we had 26 more!
on March 8, 2016
This book is hilarious. I actually bought it for my 6 year old who is an old soul and has an amazing sense of humor. He was dying laughing. He thought it was especially hilarious on the letter "R". It says something along the lines that "R is for raccoon. The only reason his mouth is foaming is because he has a root beer float he probably wants to share with you!"

The book is hilarious, and as long as your child knows right from wrong, the book isn't that inappropriate. Overall a great purchase...
on May 31, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my 22 year old brother who was graduating from college as a deviation from the normal books that one gets for graduation. I read it before giving it to him and almost thought about keeping it for myself. Once he got it on graduation day he read it and though I had already heard what the book had to say, there is just something about the way that it is written to make you laugh again. Throughout the day, he read it or showed it to everyone that was in and out. This book is definitely not a traditional alphabet book for someone of a very young age; however, I believe that the range of people that can enjoy this book is very wide. I for one LOVE it!
on January 3, 2014
This became the hit of our Christmas for the adults. Each one picked up the book and smirked as they flipped page to page. If you're snarky or have a dark sense of humor, just give up and buy the book now.
on April 6, 2016
Coolest book for twisted grandparents! Bought this as a gift for friends who were about to become grandparents. Their daughter actually told them they needed to take "grandparent classes"....so naturally I told them to tell her this is what they learned in that class. :P

Creative book..not for those easily offended
on February 1, 2014
This obviously isn't meant for kids...it's for the little kid in all grown-ups. This was a Christmas gift for a friend of mine and she *loved* it. We read it together over Skype and had to pause several times from laughing so much.
on November 22, 2015
A great book to get for a friend's baby shower (if that friend has a good personality, can take a joke, and doesn't get easily offended). Would I actually read this to my kid? No, not when they have the ability to actually understand it.