Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on June 27, 2010
Knight & Day is about a rogue agent (Tom Cruise) that hides a powerful battery in a normal woman named June's (Cameron Diaz) carry on case at an airport. He thought that would be it and he'd never see her again, but he finds himself having to protect her from the people he used to work with.

The movie is just fun and it may be silly that Cruise and Diaz talk casually during shoot-outs but that's one of the things I enjoyed about the movie. The movie isn't meant to be taken seriously, just sit back and enjoy all the entertaining non-sense. Out of a so far lackluster summer season, Knight & Day is one of the better summer movies. Don't listen to the idiots on At the Movies, this is a fun flick and I highly doubt the Killers is a better movie like they said!
1111 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2010
My wife and I got a free ticket to attend one of three movies--"Predators," "Knight And Day," or "A-Team." It was a no-brainer. I'll wait for the other two to come to DVD to partake in them. My wife was fairly adamant about wanting to go and see "Knight And Day" right from the gate when the trailers were appearing here and there in different venues--internet, TV, DVD releases, what-have-you. It looked to be a ton of fun, and, boy, was it ever! There was so much wondering about what was really taking place as opposed to what was seen on the surface that it would be a bit difficult to explain it all here. Let's just say that Tom's character, Roy Miller, may have been a good guy or a bad guy throughout the movie, we just simply don't know, which adds to the suspense...ten-fold. His personality says he isn't, but his actions say otherwise. All in all, through all the guessing and wondering what was truly going on, there was a bit of well-placed humor and an exceptional chemistry between Cameron and Tom. They were having a ton of fun in the making of this movie, and it showed. My wife made note that the trailers didn't show every bit of the good stuff, leaving nothing for the movie-going experience. That was completely true. This is not a movie for all the tight-a**, boring, nepotistic critics out there. This one is for a great time out on a weekend and a soon-to-be great time on adult movie-night at home. One more note: Mid to late teens would be fine with the subject matter of "Knight And Day" as well. LOTS O' FUN!!!
on November 22, 2010
This is what movies are meant to be -- great fun from start to finish with actors and a script and direction firing on all cylinders to create the most fun you will have at the movies this year. If you have ever liked tom cruise, this is a must see -- cameron diaz is superb and I cannot say enough good things about this movie. IT'S A MUST SEE.
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2011
I rarely watch a movie twice. I've seen this move many times. It is just that entertaining. My kids love it as much as I do. This is just a good old-fashioned adventure movie, with a creative story line and great acting.
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2011
Far better than I expected and yet, still somewhat lacking; `Knight and Day' is as fun as the genre allows but I was left wanting much more. I think the reason for this is the fact that everything `right' about this movie is VERY right. Tom Cruise may be one of the most obnoxious celebrities around, but he's a fun actor and he works that suspicious charm all over this film. I am smitten with Cameron Diaz (who I feel is highly underrated as on of her generations greatest working actresses) and she is all sorts of charismatically alluring in this film. The action sequences are non-stop and totally engrossing and the basic plot (a predictable twist off the expected espionage thriller) is interesting enough to hold it's own in the film. The supporting cast is a whose-who of respectable faces doing underwhelming things (Sarsgaard is demoted to predictably sleazy, Viola Davis is stuck in `Law and Order' mode and Paul Dano is laughably out of his element) yet they are forgiven thanks to the quick-fire pace of the film itself. It's like a `Bourne' films without the intelligence, but when all is said and done it's richly entertaining. It rides of cusp of greatness by teasing us with all the goodies it has in its bag, but I was waiting desperately for it to cross that line and really, really deliver.
on September 1, 2015
I'm disabled. Mostly bed-bound. I search and search for a good well balanced movie ... tv series ... and after ten year of going from an athlete / bungee jumper etc... to being a bed-bound - high spirited, mostly sci fi geek. I came across this movie ... it is was fun, exciting and sweet all at the same time ..(I'm not usually big on "sweet" or "sappy" - . This movie is hard to place in a category.... as a rule, I don't usually go for most romantic comedies or the constant car chase - shoot'em up movies ... or horror movies ...or politically charged movies... so finding something for me is tough. I'm a sci-fy geek mostly ... with a little Top Gun / MI / and Downton Abbey thrown in from time to time... but THIS had a little bit of almost everything to keep me entertained without rolling my eyes like the snob I can be with movies.... while it will not win any major awards ... it helped me forget about my physical pain for a while.... I'm not even a huge Tom Cruise fan ... but have liked his MI series and other similar films such as the M.D. series: Borne Identity ... This ended up being so much better than I thought. Really. I don't write a lot of reviews ... but this one I had to... it distracted me from horrible physical pain and very few movies can detracted me from that kind of suffering. I was in a bad/sad mood when I started watching it and then enjoyed myself. I only wish I would have purchased this one from instant video instead of renting. Next time I'm feeling down with nothing to watch I might give it a second look... and I normally dislike watching a movie more than once .. I get board easily. Not sure why I liked this so much ... but I just loved it. Maybe t was just what I needed. Go for it!
on February 15, 2015
This was an awesome movie! It grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let go until the very end! LOADS of comedy in it! You'll find yourself chuckling if not actually laughing out loud during many parts of the movie. It's a keeper!
on October 17, 2014
I was surprised that I found this film enjoyable because Cruise and Diaz usually trigger my gag-reflex. However... the script is so simple and the characters are so charming that it was like a children's comic book. The writers knew the limitations of their actors and worked around them - producing simple, goofy dialogue to fill in the spots between special effects and chase scenes. Diaz's character is a bit ditsy, as expected, but she isn't useless. It is wholly believable that she would have the skill to rebuild old cars, which gives her the confidence/chutzpah to be an active participant in the action scenes: driving like a maniac or improvising escapes from Bad Guys. No sappy romantic scenes, just a hint of snappy innuendo, which was believable for these two weird characters. Dialogue and plot remind me of Disney - simple and hilarious. The portrayal of Cruise's parents was like watching a kitten trying to remove a piece of tape from its paw: hilarious, sweet, and makes-you-say "awww..."
on August 13, 2014
It's actually a fun movie. It's not going to win any awards or anything and I did find the molestation scene (where he changed her into a bikini without her consent) was really offensive and annoying. I'm just tired of all these movies acting like it's cute when a guy sexually harasses a woman. In Leap Year Amy Adams finds it 'adorable' when the guy who stole her items tries to sneak a peak at her naked... In American Pie when the student is recorded having sex without her knowing it's 'funny'... I mean really when will it end?

But overall the film was funny. Tom Cruise plays a guy who's off his rocker and June eventually seems to be fine with the fact that he's not completely sane. The movie isn't very realistic at all, but it's a fun ride.
My husband and I actually did not watch this at the cinema because of all the negative reviews. Well, I am sorry to have missed it on the big screen as I truly enjoyed it on the small screen when we rented the DVD last night. This is pure, unadulterated fun! Cameron Diaz, in a role that is almost tailor-made for her, plays June Havens, who works on restoring classic cars. Her normal life takes a turn for the bizarre when she meets a mysterious man named Roy (Tom Cruise). Soon, June finds herself getting caught up in some serious action, being pursued by strange men who seem bent on harming her, and of course, gets taken along for the ride of her life (albeit reluctantly) by Roy.

There are many holes in the plot and if you question each and every implausibility, you'll never be able to enjoy the movie for what it is - mindless, fun entertainment. I laughed out loud at many points in this movie, especially at the comic interactions between Roy and June. Each time Roy feels he needs to 'exit' with June, he puts June 'under', so that she is unconscious. Miraculously, every time, June finds herself outfitted in new clothes, and even a bikini at one point. Now, I initially questioned this bit - how the heck did Roy find the time to shop for a suitable, right-sized outfit for June? After a while, I gave up and just enjoyed the movie with all of its implausibilities.

The action is almost non-stop, and takes viewers to some exotic locales. Part of what makes this movie fun to watch is not so much the action sequences which frankly are not all that impressive, certainly not in the league of movies like Mission Impossible, but the credible chemistry between Cruise and Diaz. The couple sizzle on-screen with their sexual chemistry and good looks, but it is the banter between the two that had me in stitches. This movie may have been reviled by critics, but my husband and I loved it!