187 of 203 people found the following review helpful
on December 4, 2012
Just got mine in the mail. It does indeed come with UltraViolet copies of all 3 movies!
It also comes with:
A 64 page excerpt from "The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy."
Batman Begins: 1 disc (Movie and special features together)
The Dark Knight: 2 discs (Movie and special features are separate)
The Dark Knight Rises: 2 discs (Movie and special features are separate)
And a code for discounted memorabilia. I will be posting some pictures soon.
Hope this helps!
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
on November 15, 2013
Note: This is a product specific review for the 6-disc Blu-ray Ultimate Collectors Edition released in September of 2013.
If you're reading this, chances are you've seen the movies and you love the series. And, sadly, chances are you probably already own one, two, or all three movies on DVD/Blu-ray and you're thinking if you want to double dip on this ultimate collectors eddition. Hopefully this review can help you make tha decision!
First off, let me go over the contents:
- There are 6 Blu-ray Discs, the contents of the first 5 discs are 100% identical to the previously released versions, but the print is redesigned to fit the art in the hardcover book where the discs sit (kind of like the Bond 50 set). the 6th disc has new contents.
1) Batman Begins Disc
2) Dark Knight Movie Disc
3) Dark Knight Bonus Features Disc
4) Dark Knight Rises Movie Disc
5) Dark Knight Rises Bonus Feature Disc
6) Ultimate Trilogy Bonus Feature Disc
- a 48-page picture book, pretty awesome!
- 3 standard hot-wheels sized replicas of the bat mobile, the bat pod, and the bat. they're small but relatively high quality (like all hot wheels cars)
- a set of 5 villains cards, the size are the about the same size as the box itself.
- a letter from Christopher Nolan (pretty lame with not much added value IMHO)
The next section I will focus the review on the content of the 6th disc that is never before released.
The new bonus disc has 3 special features, a documentary (about 90 minutes), a featurette, and the IMAX sequences from the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Now while most people will think the IMAX footage included here is pointless, this is actually the feature that made me decide to double dip on this set, this is why:
The IMAX sequences presented here are in its original 1.44:1 IMAX aspect ratio, and they simply look awesome! It is letterboxed to fit the screen (black bars on left and right) but if you have a projector or a big enough screen, sit a little closer to your screen and it will blow you away! I played it on my 1080p projector's 120" screen, with the 1.44:1 IMAX aspect ratio, the screen turns out to be about 100" or a little less. but after moving my seat forward a little, it's just amazing! over 100 minutes of IMAX goodness! Still haven't finished it yet but I just love love love it!! This is my new demo disc!
A few little complaints tho,
1) This is my major complaint: They still left out a few IMAX shots from both movies, generally the 3-to-5-second second-unit shots they use in between scenes. I'm particularly unhappy about missing the Hong Kong day scene when Fox's helicopter lands on the helipad, and the sea plane landing shot. Those are among the most beautiful shots in "The Dark Knight".
2) When they intertwine normal 2.35:1 and IMAX 1.44:1 shots, the 2.35:1 shots expand to the sides of you 16:9 Blu-ray frame (the "normal" look) and the 1.44:1 shots has black bars on the left and right sides. so in a sense, you're neither getting constant height NOR constant width! I'd like to see a constant width presentation, but this is just a minor complaint
Overall, the collector items and this disc made double dipping worthwhile IMHO
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
on December 8, 2012
I already had Batman Begins on Blu Ray, but when comparing the price of The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises to this three movie set, it was cheaper to buy this trilogy than the other two movies individually. I love a bargain and will now give my Blu Ray Batman Begins to a family member.
6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
on July 12, 2013
- All three movies of the Dark Knight trilogy, plus extras such as behind the scenes material, interviews, etc all in blu ray format!
- Super clear HD, GREAT sound, and the best value because you are getting the whole package for ALMOST just the dark knight rises was costing last time I looked.
- Neatly put together in a quality box.
- Great gift for a movie fan, or for yourself!
- Amazon delivered quickly with no issues!
56 of 78 people found the following review helpful
on October 19, 2012
I'd rather pre-order this and save money. I don't really care about special features and extra items too much, the point is to have the film itself. Those who say it's quick money grab, it's his/her choice. It's going to be more expensive in the future. Besides, Not everyone uses the extra content that comes with their special/collectors edition. It's useless to me. I am sticking with this one.