5.0 out of 5 stars Knights and Castles
Mary Pope Osborne does it again!
Our Family loves the Magic Tree House series. They hit us on many levels. Our youngest loves to be read to, our next just hit chapter books, our oldest is beyond this intro. level chapter books - but loves this series & reads the books over and over.
I am delighted to introduce reasearch ideas in such a non-threatening,...
Published on August 14, 2000 by The Bronk Family

3.0 out of 5 stars Knights and Castles
It's not your average Magic Tree House book. It's a research guide so it's nonfiction. It was an okay book.
Published on September 29, 2011 by Brittany90

5.0 out of 5 stars Knights and Castles, August 14, 2000
This review is from: Knights And Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, paper) (Paperback)
Mary Pope Osborne does it again!
I am delighted to introduce reasearch ideas in such a non-threatening, inviting manner to my children. Learning and reading is so fun; and this concept sheds new light for a young audience. Not only will this help after reading the MTH series, it will add a new dimension when going on field trips, museums, the library, the internet, etc. I am going to share this book with our elementary school.
Ms. Osborne and her husband take the opportunity to be thorough, while simplifying for young minds - and the illustrations keep a young reader's attention.
Bravo! Keep 'em coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fans of the magic tree house!, August 11, 2000
My 4-year-old son and I have been reading the Magic Tree House series for nearly half his life; they are among his favorite books (in fact, when given an opportunity at a book sale at day camp this summer, he opted to buy the next book in the series rather than the Pokemon cards that all his friends were buying!). When I showed him the Knights and Castles Research Guide, he was thrilled! We started reading it right away, and he found it fascinating. Especially appealing are the illustrations, much more numerous and detailed than those in the regular series. My only (very minor) disappointment is that it would have been even more wonderful if these books in this Research Guide series had been presented as if they were the actual books that Jack and Annie found in the treehouse (complete with the quotations that appear in the Tree House books), rather than ones they put together from "research" after their visits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Reference for Middle Ages * Art * Theme!, October 12, 2000
Sharon (Crozet, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
I'm an artist and art teacher, and after discovering this book, I ordered copies for my middle school ART students! While it's an easy read for students of this age (5th through 7th grade), it's packed with understandable text and pictures. It's a great reference for the various art projects that my students are doing as part of our study of the Middle Ages, and the kids have really enjoyed it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for kids of all ages, December 25, 2000
By A Customer
This is a wonderful book for kids of all ages. The reference works in back to museums, internet sites and other books is well done. I recommend this book for any one who has children interested in Knights and Castles!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Great item and fast shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
Another great Magic Treehouse book! My first grader enjoyed the more "non-fiction" spin on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information for kids and adults, April 26, 2014
Sparr Heights Mom (Glendale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My 8 year old and I loved reading this together. It was interesting in a fun way and inspired him to want to learn more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic Tree House Series, May 24, 2013
These are excellent books for a young reader. They are challenging enough to stay interesting, but not so difficult that they are discouraging. The topics are very interesting to both girls and boys, as are the main characters. We will buy more of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, April 21, 2013
Awesome series for my 4 1/2 year old son. We love the stories, but I especially love the research guides that go along with the stories. I love seeing my son so interested in learning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeschool Gem, November 14, 2012
Crystal (Carl Junction, MO, United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a homeschooling gem, when used with the fiction story it allows the student to learn a subject with both fun and facts. I have a child who loves facts but doesn't really like to read fiction stories. Now I can get him to read both styles for one area of interest. I highly recommend these companion books!

Knights And Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, paper)
Knights And Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, paper) by Will Osborne (Paperback - August 1, 2000)
$5.99 $5.39