5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!
Published on April 2, 2008 by Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Book was listed as used in good condition. It was a library book. This book was in such sad shape when I received it. Binding was ripped , inside the book was dirty. Very disappointed. I don't even like handling this book with out some gloves on. I will copy the patterns I like and throw this book away. I have used this seller before, without a problem. Not sure...
Published 1 month ago by Patricia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, April 2, 2008
After drooling over the beautiful pictures on the web, I couldn't wait to receive Larissa Brown's book in the mail. I enjoyed the historical commentary delineated in the essays--a delightful read that connected my current knitting obsession to many generations of past knitters. The pictures are gorgeous and the pattern directions seem easy to follow. I can't wait to start knitting them up! In addition, after reading the book cover to cover, I feel inspired to start producing my own design-twists on patterns. Thanks for a beautiful book, Larissa!

4.0 out of 5 stars Different!, May 3, 2009
This book offers some very different patterns & design ideas, which I find very refreshing. It offers guidance & information on what "knitalongs" are all about, there are suggestions about how to hold your own knitalongs, including family & friends. Gift giving & charity knitting. Another refreshing concept of this book, is that it takes recycling, refashioning & reknitting into consideration. It holds a great deal of information & is user-friendly. It's about bringing people together.

5.0 out of 5 stars knitalong, February 23, 2009
This has become one of my favorite knitting books...and i own a few.The pinwheel shawl,the meathead hat,Sei shonogan pillow it is quite a diverse book which i love.There are many different types of patterns they dont all follow "one theme".I know the book discusses knitalongs and that is the theme of the book however the patterns are all so very different unlike some books where there just isn't enough variation between patterns to keep you wanting more.this book does that.My only concern with the book and it may be unfounded,i hope it is.Is that i cant find any errata on the publishers website or anywhere else.Now i knw that is a good thinig,but history has shown me that almost all knitting books have errors in them no matter how carefully they are edited (Sometimes the errors come from over zealous editing)If there are no errors then GREAT,I'll start knitting but i like to check the web b4 hand so i dont find out mid project that the pattern is wrong.So, if anyone knows please let me know.Other than that.This is a great book.Nicely written,intriguing patterns and packaged well.I wouldnt pass this one over.it deserves a spot in the serious knitters library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book. (You'll love it.), June 10, 2008
Buy this book if you're a long-time knitter. Buy this book if you're a newbie knitter, or someone who thinks,"Hey, maybe I'm interested in this knitting thing." Buy this book if you *know* somebody who loves to knit.

You'll understand. What Larissa and Martin have done is created a book that is also a camera's viewfinder, in which you see other people, like yourself, all over the world, knitting, creating, becoming involved in the art, and involved in each other.

Every time I open it, I see something new and interesting, informative and life-affirming. Hey, the patterns and projects are GREAT, the writing is really, really excellent, and the photography is perfectly beautiful, but this book is special. Larissa and Martin hand-knit this book for you and me. For us. Get this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and useful, April 15, 2011
Linda P. "Linda" (Lebanon, New Hampshire United States) - See all my reviews
THis book is lovely and useful. It is a beautiful book with photos of individuals, groups knitting, and knitting projects. It is written in a friendly "sitting down and talking" way. The projects are useful. Some patterns are challenging while others are appropriate for beginning knitters. It provides a springboard for ideas of beginning a knitting group be it of two people or twenty. It reminds the readers that while knitting is a wonderful, meditative practice while done alone it can be fun and inspiriing when done in a group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitalong, September 8, 2009
This is a lovely book about the social aspects of knitting. It has chapters on how knitting is good for spending time with others, its usefulness as a tool for remembrance, as a great way to spark creativity, a way to develop and expand your own personal growth, and the blessingway blanket story.

The book also has several lovely patterns to knit. including a baby blanket, a hat and mitten set with a 'buggy' theme, a felted bird's nest, a traveling scarf, and several others.

It lists websites to connect with other knitters and offers advice for knitalongs. Overall, I found this book informative and inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitalong, March 18, 2009
Although I have yet to knit a project in this book a have enjoyed all the great history and resources in this book. I have been inspired to get my knitting friends together and knit!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN PROJECTS, April 10, 2008
I just love this book. The barn raising blanket is worth the book alone. But don't forget the super simple sock pattern, the victorian bonnet, and all the info on Knit alongs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational...it makes my fingers itch to knit!!!, March 19, 2008
Howdy, y'all! This book is a real treasure! Not only is it filled with wonderful photos, old and new, but it documents the community aspect of knitting in a charming way. The projects are wonderful and clearly written. I love Larissa's knitalong diary. I can't wait to put yarn and needles together! Larissa, you and Martin did an excellent job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharing a pleasurable hobby, April 20, 2008
I really liked the premise of the book - that of knitting together with old friends or new friends. Also, there are some very nice patterns in the book. I think it is worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›