5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Knits for Barbie
Published on November 9, 2001 by Krysta Bauer

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic and not so fabulous
Unfortunately, the patterns make boxy garments without much shaping. While errors, as noted by an earlier reviewer, are problems, omissions make the book deficient, and a novice would have difficulty. The book offers interesting ideas, but I found making adjustments to the instructions was the only way to get good results.
Published on January 9, 2007 by Zhang Li

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Knits for Barbie, November 9, 2001
Krysta Bauer (Rogersville, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knits for Barbie Doll: 75 Fabulous Fashions for Knitting (Hardcover)
I just got this book a few days ago and I am in love with it. The projects are georgeous and both the young person and an older collector will love the patterns. The designs are on small needles, with small yarns, but still work up quickly due to their size. I am just about finished with a sweater and have spent maybe two hours on it. This book also contains a lot of accessories and some designs to decorate Barbie's home with. A must have for any knitter who is a Barbie lover, who knows a Barbie lover, or has kids that are Barbie lovers. I can't wait to make more projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Barbie Knitting Book!, May 29, 2002
My interest in creating Barbie clothes began with the desire to sew matching granddaughter/Barbie nightgowns. However, I am in a caregiving situation in which there is not always time to set up the necessary sewing equipment. Knitting for Barbie is the ideal solution - very portable and easy to put down at a moment's notice.
The book is very exciting with all the many items that can be knitted - even matching purses! I am an average once-in-a-while knitter and find the projects within my abilities and the directions clear. I found the suggested knitting materials online, but decided to use easier-to-find and less costly baby and sport yarn on sale at local stores. It certainly won't matter to the young girls who will be dressing their Barbies!
I am enjoying creating these tiny fashions as much as I hope my granddaughters will enjoy playing with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun!, November 4, 2004
This is a great knitting book. I'm a beginning/intermediate level knitter, and I found this book to be a great practice book before my first attempt to make a human-size sweater. Most projects can be completed in several hours - one day at the longest. I never got bored with it ;)

The book is also very clear and easy to use. I never had to look up additional information from other books -When a project requires an intermediate level stitch (that is stitces beyond basic knit/purl, binding off, casting on, and increasing/decreasing) you can always find a short tutorial about that sitch on the same page. I'm also happy that I got to use up my leftover yarns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Fun! Fun!, September 27, 2002
By A Customer
I love this book! I have a lot of different types of craft books, and they all have a few things I would like to try to make. But after looking through this book, I have decided that I want to make every item! I love that the same brand of yarn is used for many of the projects, and it is readily available. The detail and small size of the projects seem very challenging, but I have made one of the outfits already and was surprised to see how easy it was and how well it came out. Also, it is wonderful to be able to finish a project in a couple of nights, especially since I have countless unfinished "big" projects all over the house. The projects with angora and cashmere are so affordable, too! I would definitely recommend this book to even a beginning knitter.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Basic Book for Barbie Knitters, August 29, 2002
By A Customer
On the plus side, this book has beautiful photogaphy and simple but very pretty styles, designed with an appropriate gauge (mostly about 6 to 8 stitches per inch).
The most noticeable flaw: there are several mistakes in the instructions. It's not hard to figure out the corrections, but gee whiz, didn't anybody proofread this before it was printed?
This book is ideal for beginning to intermediate knitters, who mostly want to make clothes for their kids' dolls. Advanced knitters and doll collectors, who prefer more complex, sophisticated shaping and fit, will probably find the patterns in this book too basic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little girls will want you to make everything in this book, January 21, 2006
Amazon Customer "tilla2" (Waverly, KS United States) - See all my reviews
Sweaters, afghans, swimsuits, rugs, even a dog sweater. Nicky Epstein gives you a pattern for nearly anything you might want to knit for a Barbie. Well photographed pictures are followed by clear instructions for creating the items. Some of the recommended yarns are rather exotic, but an experienced knitter may be able to substitute from yarns left over from other projects. This would be a good book to have on hand if you are a knitting Mom, Grandma or doting Auntie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Knits: Hits & Misses, March 22, 2004
Georgene (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
The very first pattern I tried from this book had an error in the pattern. Not a huge thing for an experienced knitter, but perhaps overwhelming for a new knitter. The patterns are basic, some I have seen before. Still not a bad book for Barbie knitting. The yarns are difficult to find in many cases, but any yarn shop worth the name should have the equivalent to what is called for in the book. Directions, for the most part are basic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knits for Barbie, July 20, 2005
If you like to knit and love Barbie, you can create some great little outfits with this book. Instructions are clear and the pictures are great

4.0 out of 5 stars Those Barbie knits, November 30, 2002
"angelasc45" (Jersey City, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I am a knitter from way back - I've been knitting since I was 9 years old and when I saw this book, I thought this would be a way to not only knit but teach my daughter how to knit. There are some very easy patterns in the book and some harder ones, but it beats paying for all those Barbie clothes and we have fun doing them together. Right now I'm on to the wedding dress, I'll let you know how it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!, October 25, 2001
This is a great pattern book for Barbie! There's very easy patterns to more difficult ones. Small needles and lightweight yarns are used. There are many coats, sweaters, dresses, hats, scarves, ponchos, etc. to knit for Barbie. Also there are some patterns for Ken, Barbie's dog, and a couple of afghans, pillow, and a rug. I just want to knit them all!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Knits for Barbie Doll: 75 Fabulous Fashions for Knitting
Knits for Barbie Doll: 75 Fabulous Fashions for Knitting by Nicky Epstein (Hardcover - October 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $11.00