5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!
I really love this book. It's beautiful, and the projects are amazingly diverse for a single topic book. I've completed four different projects. The patterns read well, and the end products are exactly what I hoped they'd be. The size of the book is perfect for fitting into a knitting bag. My only improvement for the next edition would be somewhat larger type.
Published on May 31, 2008 by M. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Knitting New Mittens & Gloves
There is a good variety of different styles. The different patterns would also suit a range of abilities.

I found 6 patterns that I'd really like to do, which is pretty good in one book.
Published on November 16, 2008 by M. Turner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, May 31, 2008
M. Murphy (Brunswick, NY USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So many great designs, May 31, 2008
I love this book. The variety of mittens, gloves, and wristlets is amazing. The designs are really different --- its not just the same patterns over and over with minor changes. There are patterns with cables, with fair isle knitting, with lace patterns and with beading, plus some basics and basics with a twist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, September 5, 2008
This is really a very beautiful book. The pages are matte, and thick, the cover is gorgeous, the designs are wonderful and her descriptions of the items and the names she has given each pair of gloves are inspirational. I love to see a designers thought-processes and she explains in detail how she thought up each pair and the symbolic meanings behind the types of knitting she has done on them. Yes, the writing is in about a 9 pt font, but it is nothing that is unreadable. Directions are explained in detail for each pair of mittens and fingerless gloves and I am ecstatic that I bought this book. I sense a winter full of beautiful gloves coming my way....

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing patterns for all, July 3, 2008
I bought the book because of Grumperina's comments and am glad I did. I have finished one pair of gloves for my Mum and will CO for the next pair this weekend. There is something interesting for everyone whatever your style is. The patterns are very creative but practical at the same time. But yes the print could be a bit larger for those darker nights to come .......

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, December 23, 2008
I am so pleased with this purchase. I am an avid knitter and crocheter, and have a huge collection of pattern books - and a huge pile of them are on their way to charity shops because they're disappointing! This isn't. There are so many pairs of mittens and gloves I want to make from the book... and to think I bought it on an impulse, which basically went - hey! Good idea! Small amount of yarn, fast and useful projects - check it out!

I have earmarked a bunch of projects and have already made a couple. Instructions are clear and easy to follow, and I like that she has a list of the yarns used in the projects at the back of the books where they are sorted by weight - why don't more knitting books do this? There are tons of helpful hints, and copious illustrations. Gorgeous. There are a variety of fingerless gloves, gloves with short fingers, gloves, mittens, gauntlets... there's lacework, intarsia, beadwork, cabling, motifs - very original and very tempting. I am even tempted to try some of the full fingered gloves even though I know they will be fiddly....

Recommended. Highly!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Only Mitten/Glove Book You'll Ever Need, March 24, 2009
I was kicking myself for ordering this book (new!) because I need another knitting book like a hole in the head and I never knit mittens and gloves, too fiddley.
But when I got this book - WOW! The patterns are sooo varied, and so cool! Practical, too. There are long mittens, short mittens, a fluffy mitten put inside another open work mitten (way cool), gloves that can be layered, mittens with a finger cover that buttons on (I'm going to make this one first!), fingerless, gauntlets, cuffs, lacey cuffs, mittens that look like driving gloves, traditional colorwork, cables, you name it.
I'm eager to go knit several of these!
If you have this book you won't need another, it has so many clever and different designs.
The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is that I haven't actually knitted anything yet, so I can't honestly give it full marks yet. But I was so excited by this book I wanted to recommend it right away.
Pictures are very clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring & Beautiful, July 16, 2008
What a wonderful book! Each design is unique & gorgeous, while also being completely accessible & wearable. There is plenty of room for yarn subtitutions as well. The only problem with this book is deciding which project to start with, and sticking with it without casting on several more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Book!, August 8, 2008
From wrist warmers to gauntlets to opera gloves, mittens & gloves - it's in here! Old-fashioned charm, as well as up-dated versions for the younger crowd of knitters! If you love knitting mittens & gloves, this would be the book to choose for your inspirations! There are many ideas to choose from, that you can tailor to suit your own tastes or needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Hand Garments, August 18, 2008
There are several patterns in this book that I want to make. I made the short version of the cover mitts in the recommended yarn, and they came out very well. They are a cute and fun hand garment! I love the layered gloves, and that will be my next project from this book, but I have already gotten the yarn for the mittens with button on separate cuffs, and the ones made from Lopi. All in all, a great little book for quick projects that include traditional and contemporary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very creative patterns, February 4, 2009
This review is from: Knitting New Mittens and Gloves: Warm and Adorn Your Hands in 28 Innovative Ways (Paperback)
I had checked this out from the library a couple times before buying it and it is worth it. It is chock full of beautiful but creatively unusual patterns that you won't find in other books. Even though I've never made actual 5-finger gloves (something about all those fingers is too daunting for me) there are enough mitten, fingerless glove, and wristwarmer patterns that it was still worth buying (plus I figure I can still make the full glove patterns w/o the fingers).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›