4.0 out of 5 stars Not the End All of 'Knock-Knock' Books...But A Beginning
It's hard to say when the 'humor' gene gets turned on. Apparently somewhere between 3 and 7 years of age, because that seems to be the range in which you'll begin to hear your first 'horrible' knock-knock jokes.

Published on August 2, 2005 by PeaTee

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published on February 8, 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the End All of 'Knock-Knock' Books...But A Beginning, August 2, 2005
This review is from: Knock Knock Who's There: My First Book Of Knock Knock Jokes (Hardcover)

Pros of this book - My children like the flaps. My 3 year-old son, in particular, likes to flip them over to see the punch line. The jokes are pretty basic so most children can 'get them' (Although you shouldn't be surprised if they don't. Word play if pretty sophisticated stuff. None-the-less, my 3 y.o. howls at 'Anita bath'.)

Another pro is the simplicity. My 5 y.o. can read enough of the words to remind herself of the joke, and my 3 y.o. has just memorized them based on the pictures.

Cons - There are only 10 jokes and all of them are name oriented: Olive, Ken, Anita, Duane, Sue, Sid, Luke, Wayne, Liz, Les. I don't know if this will eventually cause them to tease other kids based on their names, but it's possible.

Four Stars. An okay book for a first joke book. The jokes are right on target for age ranges of 3 to 7 (and not baby to preschool as Amazon suggests).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, February 8, 2003
By A Customer
I am very disappointed with this book :( I bought it for my 5yr son so I could help him learn some funny knock knock jokes. I thought I was buying a book FULL of fun knock knock jokes, but when it arrived and we first opened it.....we found a little book that looks like it's made for a 2yr old (has VERY babyish pictures and thick cardboard pages)!!! The biggest let down is that is only has TEN knock knock jokes!! Unbelievable. ... I'll just have to suck it up and search for a new knock knock book...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Great Book!, August 3, 2000
campbell "mckiley" (East Hampton, NY USA) - See all my reviews
My kids LOVE this book! My daughter, age 5, recites the jokes daily; they are simple enough for my three-year-old to understand too, but not too immature, nor too sophisticated. The illustrations are whimsical, fun and colorful and the lift-out flaps make it even more interactive. The book encourages them to come up with their own knock-knock jokes. I highly recommend this book! It makes a great gift too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sustained Laughter, June 13, 2003
By A Customer
We thought this would be a cute book for our soon-to-be five year old grandson. We were in for a treat. This was his first introduction to knock-knocks, and he began laughing harder and harder at each as he discovered the joke. "She was supposed to say 'I need a" but she said "Anita" (Bath, that is!) He giggled and roared, becoming almost breathless with laughter at each new knock-knock. Ten aren't a lot, but they certainly tired him out. What a delight to see! I'd like to see the author write some follow-up books. We've looked at other knock-knock books in the stores, but most of them have many jokes that presume a vocabulary or a cultural literacy beyond that of a five year old. This collection hit exactly the right keys.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Book of Knock knock jokes, September 21, 2000
By A Customer
These knock knock jokes are humorous and not easily guessed because they rely on word play. Example: Knock knock. Who's there? Olive. Olive who? Olive you. (I love you). The book's format is sturdy and fun, too--one opens a flap to reveal the answer. Great as a relaxing filler or quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE BOOK OF KNOCK KNOCKS, December 29, 2002
L. Ryan (Lorain, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I've been looking for a simple knock-knock joke book for my 4 and 5 year old nephews for months now...thank goodness this book came along! It only has a handful of jokes (10?)...but they all make sense and they're easy for the kids to remember too. The book has a neat setup. One page asks the question, then the facing page has a flap where you flip it over to reveal the punchline. Very cute. Much better than any of the "greatest" knock knock joke books I've seen. It's a good intro book, but I'd guess that older kids might not be too impressed with it since it is a very simple book. Perfect for my 4 and 5 year old nephews though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent-EXCELLENT! First Reader, March 7, 2001
Michele Hewitt (thousand oaks, CA) - See all my reviews
This very cute book had my three-year old reading it TO ME within 20 minutes. He loved it. We both did. The illustrations are adorable and the thick pages will withstand all that a toddler has to muster. I'm SO happy that I bought this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, November 15, 2005
I really enjoyed reading the book with my five year old. She is starting to read and the lay out of the book and the jokes help the word recognition. My daughter increased her vocabulary and she really likes reading it to her grandparents. We'll be getting high dosage of knock, knock jokes at the Thanksgiving table this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Treasure, May 5, 2005
A. Ross (New York- United States) - See all my reviews
I originally bought this book for my then 4 (now 7)year old, who had begun telling really bad made up knock-knock jokes. He loved it, and people actually started laughing at his jokes. Now my younger son, 5 years old, has memorized the book just by seeing the pictures. He "read" it for show and tell at pre-school and all of his classmates thought it was hysterical. This book would make a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knock Knock Who's There: My First Book of Knock Knock Jokes, March 24, 2006
This book has cute illustrations and big easy words for beggining readers. The Jokes are easy to understand for a 4 or 5 year old. Pre-schoolers and kindergardners who like humor and telling jokes would love this funny book. My little comedian has me read it over and over.

Knock Knock Who's There: My First Book Of Knock Knock Jokes
Knock Knock Who's There: My First Book Of Knock Knock Jokes by Tad Hills (Hardcover - June 1, 2000)
$7.99 $4.51