Knog Beetle 2-LED Bicycle Light
|Price:||$20.66 + $4.04 shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Knog Beetle Blue Body White 2 LED Headlight BE SAFE - BE SEEN !
- It's a little light with a big 900 meter range ! Beetles are fun for all ages !
- Flexible silicon body protects light from rain and allows mounting on bars/posts from 10-32mm in dia
- Beetles punch out hard and bright with two super-bright LEDs.
- BE SAFE - BE SEEN ! Two modes, 25 hours of constant light and 130 hours of flashing
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Display Weight||0.3 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.1 pounds|
|Package Height||1.6 x 2.3 x 2.8 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.2 pounds|
- Light Front:
- Type: 2 LED
- Power Source: Battery
- Additional Information:
- 2 options: Constant or Blinking
- 35 Hour (Constant), 160 Hour (Blinking)
- dirt and water proof silicon housing
- with quick release clamp
- Energy Saving:
- Battery Size Individual: 2 x CR2032
- Bracket Included: yes
- Assembly Tool-less: yes
Top Customer Reviews
The light itself is a little bit sub-par from what I was expecting based on the reviews I read. Yes, it can be quite bright for such a small light, however it's only effective at close distances, and if you ride your bike like i do, you'd rather know of cracks, bumps, etc six feet in front of you instead of maybe 2-3 feet. At farther distances from it's optimum 3 feet, the light becomes significantly more dispersed and less concentrated.
There is also the smaller issue of turning the light on and off. The Knog functions by having you push down on its head to push a button underneath its skin, and in order to turn it off you must click through its various modes. I find the other modes a tad bit excessive and would rather have a light that turns on and off or at least provide the option of going to certain modes directly.
It's not enough to really light your path, but it is fairly visible for its size. Fun and easy to take on or off. The only real issues (pretty much all easily dealt with):
1. The batteries it uses are obscure, and very expensive if you buy at brick and mortar stores. But you can buy generics quite cheaply online. Still, not as convenient as standard AAA batteries.
2. There is no obvious indication that your batteries are dying. The lights just get dimmer and dimmer, and eventually you realize something's wrong. Still, mine lasted a very long time, even forgetting to turn it off at times!
3. The silicone casing does attract a bit more dirt than regular hard plastic. But it can be removed from the light module fairly easily for a thorough cleaning.
4. If mounted with the light on top, the light shines annoyingly in my eyes. This was easily fixed by just mounting it upside-down -- just make sure it's angled up enough so it's still clearly visible to traffic.
I also disagree with others' statements that you need to remove it to prevent the silicone from stretching: I've left it on almost constantly for half a year, and it fits just as tightly as ever. Overall would recommend this. It's especially great for bikes (racing or road) where you wouldn't want to screw on a heavy headlight/mount.
Beware of cheap Chinese knockoffs. I recently purchased two Waterproof Double White LED Light with Black Silicone for Bicycle. Also posted a review and photos on that item. The knockoffs are not water resistant and will overheat fairly quickly.
***** End Update
These lights are perfect for their intended use. Bicycle lights should either, make you more visible to others or help you see the road in front of you. These lights make you more visible.
I've been using three everyday for about a month, two red and one white.
There have been complaints about receiving defective lights, some of these may be due to people not removing the plastic disc that separates the batteries from one another.
As for people complaining about too many settings... engage the memory function on the light.
1.Turn light on
2.Click through to your desired setting
3.Depress (HOLD) the button until it turn off
4.Click power button once...
5.Your light should automatically default to your previous setting.
6.EVERY time you turn light off, Depress (HOLD) the button until it turns off.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Twice the illumination with twice the light in such a small device. I wonder if they make a red rear light? I surely would buy one.Published 9 months ago by Anthony J. Kaliton
Not bright enough, these are very small and can't be seen at night. They don't light but a foot in front of you.Published 9 months ago by Fae
I did not purchase these from Amazon, but a bike shop in my town.
- super easy to pop on handlebars / seatpost
- easy to remove from silicone shell to... Read more
I think I bought these 4 years ago (I'm just now posting reviews because I'm bored), and the battery is still going strong. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Jbo
After it arrived I immediately put it on my bike. I was impressed with the high visibility it offered to oncoming traffic. Read morePublished 18 months ago by TLP
I received a different model that what was picture. The light is about the size of a pencil tip. I received the knog frog instead of beetle.Published 18 months ago by tfunk