Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Knog Boomer USB Rechargeable Front Light (Pink)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $39.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.00 shipping
Knog Boomer USB Rechargeable Front Light
|Price:||$30.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$9.01 (23%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Light Front-Type: 1 LED
- Light Front-Light Life: 240min
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Weight||0.1 pounds|
|Package Height||1.5 x 5.04 x 5.75 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.18 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
First and foremost, I was *really* impressed with how wide and bright the light is. I commute about ~8 miles to and from work every day and 3 miles of that is through a paved forest trail (no lamps) around twilight. This little headlight lights up the entire forest trail, with the brightest center of the beam covering the full 6 foot width of the path, and the peripheral halo lights up the bushes and plants all around. There are yellow rings within the bluish-white beam which make it easier to make out what exactly that bump in the road ahead is (groundhog vs. big rock). I used to feel very claustrophobic during night rides because my old headlight had such a narrow beam; not so with this light. This headlight is brighter than many of my friends' headlights with a much wider beam.
PROS: Very wide dichromatic beam, bright light, small, adjustable, holds its position very well over minor bumps (boardwalks, manhole covers, filled potholes), and easily adjusted midride. Silicone cover ensures it fits every bicycle in my arsenal. 4 different modes (3 flashing patterns, 1 constant). Easily turned off through soft gloves/if your hands are frozen stiff, but too sensitive to be tossed into a bag with other things without getting turned on. USB Rechargeable. Indicator light shines when plugged into USB (bright red).Read more ›
As well as being functional, the form is great too. It's *small*. Cute, easy to remove from my bike and put back on in a jiffy.
One final note on translucency: I ordered the translucent model because I hoped it would increase the side visibility of the light, which it did, however this actually hurt my night vision due to the emitted light shining from the body into my eye. As a workaround I taped up most of the body with black electrical tape (possibly making the light less attractive to thieves). If you are sensitive to this sort of thing you might want to consider an opaque color.
- Stable on the handle bars and seat post. No bouncing around.
- Easy to get on and off, though slim enough to leave on all the time.
- Pretty bright, especially for a safety light.
- The front light shines back into me eyes, since the front lens part sticks out from the black rubbery part. I put electrical tape over it for now. Lame.
- Too many unnecessary modes. Flashing, steady, and off (in that order) is all that's necessary.
- Hard to find the button when wearing gloves, which is compounded by the next con.
- Somehow, even though there is a single button, it is confusing to operate. The light flashes to acknowledge that you've changed modes, even OFF, which makes it hard to tell which mode it's entered. It has some sort of shortcut-to-off feature, which turns the light off at unexpected times. It remembers which mode you were in last, I guess, but I use both flashing and steady, so this is just annoying. Stop trying to be clever, just make each button push advance a mode.
- The steady mode is dimmer than the flashing modes. I was very disappointed to find this out.
I feel like this design has a lot of potential, especially as a USB rechargeable upgrade to the Skink. Drop the silly in-between modes, make the steady mode brighter, make the button easier to find and simpler to operate. And change the design to prevent the front light from shining backwards into my eyes: I'm going to have a seizure!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
unfortunately the light never worked due to a bad battery pack. i never got a reply from the vendor and therefore wasn't able to replace this defective item. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Anne
Best bike light out there. Def keeps me feeling safe at night. Bright enough to be seen from 100 yards away and also bright enough to illuminate the ground if you are in a more... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Zachary Mering
Super easy to use and bright. The look is slick which is cool. Easy to remove and take with to the office for safe keeping and charging. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Gabriel de la Peña
This was a serviceable front light for about a year. I liked that it didn't require batteries, and the simple mounting system. Read morePublished 15 months ago by treehouse
Great for riding in the morning and after work. Mounts very easy on multiple bar sizes. It even works on my 35mm mountain bars.Published 15 months ago by Michael Tomin
The unit is very convenient and I like it for that, but the charge doesn't last more than 2-3 uses. And the battery takes a good half day to charge! Read morePublished 16 months ago by George