5.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Great customer service
It has worked perfectly for me: easy, clean and efficient. After several months of use, I broke the holder and Knog sent me a new one at no cost, great customer service!
Published 4 months ago by nolo172

3.0 out of 5 stars nice design bad performance
Looks cool and does not scratch your bike, the internal mechanism is the problem, quite difficult to get it to open each time, I keep thinking one day it will not open at all
Published 23 months ago by sacm

3.0 out of 5 stars nice design bad performance, October 24, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Style, NOT Great Function, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Knog Strongman U-Lock 5.15" x 7.75" (Sports)
go these cuz I love knog lights and thought the lock would be just as good. While it looks awesome, the lock and the bike mount have some basic design flaws. I live in Seattle and I go EVERYWHERE by bike. That means I'm hard on my gear, but what real biker isn't?

the piece that keeps the strap attached to the bike broke within a few weeks for me

the top silver plastic piece broke in half after a light fall to the ground (pretty common thing to happen when your locking up your bike)

the lock became difficult to open after being in the rain, it has apparently rusted out

compared to a U-Lock (which lasted a year of my seattle lifestyle before breaking) this thing is a piece of junk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Junk, June 13, 2012
Been using for over a month now so I could write a true review and let me just start by saying its junk. Just like the last thing from knog I bought. First of all it says the keys that you get match the color lock you get, which is 100% false. And after about two weeks of use the lock gets harder and harder to take apart even when it's unlocked, it's just cheap for such an expensive lock. Thou I do admit that when I can get it apart to use, it locks back up and I know my bike is secure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works poorly, May 13, 2013
Paul C. (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knog Strongman U-Lock 5.15" x 7.75" (Sports)
I've used it as my primary bike lock for a couple months, riding every couple days. The lock looks nice, but is very difficult to open. I contact customer service via the Knog website; two weeks and no response. Really feel like I wasted my money. It looks nice but that's it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to open once you oil it, June 6, 2014
C. Sterner (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I have had one of these locks for a couple of weeks now and I couldn't believe how hard it was to open at first. It didn't even get easier as I used it. I think I must have had to put about 100 lbs of force into it to get it to come apart! Then I dropped a couple of drops of teflon bike oil into the two receiving holes and into the lock mechanism and voila, it works as it should. (The oil in the keyhole probably wasn't necessary.) I don't know how often I'll have to do this, and they should oil this thing before they send it out, or engineer it so it doesn't need oil, how about that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Great customer service, April 21, 2014
nolo172 (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike has not been stolen yet, November 5, 2013
This lock has performed as I would have hoped. My bike has not been stolen yet, and I remain optimistic that it will not be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Red, August 22, 2012
The lock seems to work fine, but the mechanism is a bit stiff. It feels like the key will snap off when you turn it. The big issue for me is that the "red" version is in no way red. It is straight up orange. One of the reasons I went with this is that the red would match my bike which it does not. So keep that in mind if you were thinking the same thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lock, but expensive, November 1, 2012
It is a nice lock, heavy one. I like the system to carry it on the bike, you dont have to carry ir on your bad or your pants. The best way to keep in good condition your lock is to lube the mecanism.
The color isnt red.. It is like a orange/red... But it looks good, same for the keys they dont match the lock color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock, July 16, 2012
I've been using this lock for two months now and can tell you it's been a great experience. The size is small but it's explicitly detailed in the description and the only con I found (for which I took one star away) is that the keys aren't matched with the lock color. The description states that they match but that isn't the case at all. The other reviewer had a negative impression, so I hope if you buy it you get one as good as mine.

Knog Strongman U-Lock (White, 5.15 x 7.75-Inch)
$99.95 $67.95