5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous buttered noodles... with a twist (literally)
Ok. Let's cover what this is NOT. this is NOT a macaroni and cheese dish. This IS a wonderful buttered noodle side dish, with a hint of cheese & a sniff of bacon.

So if you are wanting mac & cheese - take a pass. BUT... if you are looking for a wonderful side for a beef dish? PERFECTION!
Published on June 6, 2012 by swootchie

1.0 out of 5 stars DISGUSTING in every way
should have taken the hint and PASSED... this tastes artificial and gross. I even tried to doctor it up with real bacon, crumbled and tossed in! It took longer to cook (and I measured), and was truly one of the most disgusting pasta dishes I've ever tasted.

Published on October 12, 2010 by Bella from NY

1.0 out of 5 stars DISGUSTING in every way, October 12, 2010
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)

I will be trashing the other ones (I foolishly ordered a case), as I wouldn't even donate that to a homeless shelter. It is THAT UNAPPETIZING.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT what it claims, July 31, 2010
R. Lee Dailey "Lee_Dailey" (sol system, terra, usa, tx, bedford) - See all my reviews
howdy y'all,

i bought this before the previous reviewer posted. [*sigh ...*]

this is NOT bacon-y.

the package front lists "with bacon bits", the ingredients list "bacon", the product name says "cheesy bacon macaroni" AND there are what appear to be bacon bits on the front-of-the-package product picture. all four claims appear to be flat out, tee-total, unmitigated _lies_.

there are NO bacon bits in it. i searched the 2nd package after the 1st seemed so un-bacon-y. [*grin*] there is a vague, very faint scent of bacon in the cheese powder. there is NO bacon flavor to the finished product. i suspect there is a small amount of "powdered, bacon-like substance" in the package.

the finished product is also a very low quality. i've had better mac-n-cheese with no-name microwave macaroni and cheese products.

i bought an entire CASE of this "stuff" and the only way i can make myself eat it is by adding it to a [separately cooked] batch of this ...
Kraft Easy Mac Dinner, Extreme Cheese, 12.9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)

the kraft easy mac is really quite good! [*grin*]

take care,
lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Terrible, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
There isn't much to say about this variety of Knorr's pasta line besides stay away. It's not very cheesy and there's no real bacon flavor. I can only be grateful that I bought two packs of this at the grocery store to try first before ordering a case from Amazon, because it was so bad I couldn't even finish the first packet. If you've got to buy a cheesy Knorr side, go for the Knorr/Lipton Rice & Sauce, Cheddar Broccoli, 5.7-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12). It's average, but unlike this pasta, edible.

2.0 out of 5 stars A case of, "I should have listened to the reviews.", July 28, 2011
W. G. Randall (NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
I've been a lover of Knorr pasta sides and rice sides for a long time. This is the first one I simply do not like in the least.

I had the EXACT same result as reviewer "Lee_Dailey" did. There is a hint of bacon smell, but no bacon to be seen. Literally none.

As far as the "cheese" flavor goes....it tastes exactly like the amount of bacon I found (zilch). Without a hint of bacon, the nastiness of the noodles and "cheese" shines through wonderfully! ;) If there was even HINT of bacon it would have helped a little bit.

I give it two stars rather than one because if you add other stuff to it, it becomes at least edible. It's just not edible on its own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, not great., July 27, 2013
Amy Erickson "ksuamy20" (Chanute, Kansas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
The Cheesy Bacon Macaroni wasn't too impressive. It didn't have a strong bacon flavor, and the bacon bits were very small and there weren't very many of them. Lipton sides are always $1 at my local Wal-Mart so I'm not sure why they are so expensive on Amazon. Honestly I would not buy any of these Lipton sides from Amazon unless there's a flavor you REALLY like and you can't find it locally, because this is a rare instance where Amazon WON'T save you money. I probably won't buy this one again just because of the cost factor - I can buy a box of store-brand mac and cheese for 69 cents and it makes about 50% more than one of these packages.

Flavor wise, it wasn't bad honestly. Nothing special. Quick and easy to make so that's a plus. Just not really cost effective in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous buttered noodles... with a twist (literally), June 6, 2012
swootchie (Highland, UT United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Misleading but delicious., January 20, 2012
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
This isn't really macaroni, and it isn't really bacon-y. What it IS is a creamy pasta dish with scant bacon bits and delightful little cellentani noodles. That said, it's one of my favorite pasta sides. It has a little extra sauce and I love the texture of the noodles.

Listen, if you're looking for actual bacon-bit macaroni with lots of rich cheese and bacon, look elsewhere. But if you just want a mild, creamy pasta, it's good. Definitely try one pouch locally before you buy them.

4.0 out of 5 stars My sisters loved it...., August 28, 2011
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
My sisters really like this kind of Pasta Sides, but personally I'm not a huge fan. That may be because we tried to eat it as a main dish, but I wasn't able to stand eating it like that (unlike all the other flavors of pasta sides) until I made some buttered toast to pair with it. If I eat each bite with a bite of toast, then it's tasty. If its plain though, I don't think I could eat very much of it. So my suggestion for those who weren't crazy about it but didn't hate it: try making some plain toast with butter, OR make some texas toast in the oven and pile some of the pasta on top of it before serving. You might like it a little more then :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, August 31, 2010
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
This has become my favorite flavor of Pasta Sides. It has spring pasta and little pieces of bacon in a cheese sauce and makes a great alternative to regular macaroni and cheese. Quick and easy to make, it can be a meal for one or be a side dish along with a larger meal for the family.

Shipping was quick, and the pouches come packed in the box they are packed in when shipped to stores so they don't get damaged during transit. I highly recommend this to anybody who is a fan of mac and cheese!

2.0 out of 5 stars not so hot...., December 31, 2013
This review is from: Knorr Pasta Sides, Cheesy Bacon Macaroni 3.8 oz (Grocery)
My wife got this thinking it was a good deal. Not so much, in fact, she didn't like it. They do have better side dishes, this just isn't one of them, they should leave mac n cheese to Kraft. Won't be getting this again.