Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on October 8, 2013
I was very disappointed with my purchase. This book offers little information about wedding traditions. I found the vow information to be useful content of the book, as it lists all different types of vows that are commonly used. Realistically, this information can easily be found on the internet. I was really interested in reading about different wedding traditions, and while the book briefly discusses common wedding traditions, such as "jumping the broom", or breaking a glass, etc, it lacked the content I was seeking. If you are hoping to find information on all aspects of wedding traditions, this book is not it. Most of the book is page after page of songs listings to play for your first dance, or father-daughter dance. Included was "My Heart Will Go On" by Celene Dion. Please do not torture your guests (or your new spouse) by choosing this song as your first dance. It is not 1996. You will also find page after page of love quotes and sayings. You will find much more interesting (and relevant) information from pinterest, etsy, and just plain ol' google.
on June 17, 2009
I have to say I was very disappointed with the content of this book. I've just started my wedding planning and have been very reliant on the for local resources, etc. I was expecting the content of this book to be as comprehensive and helpful as the info they have on their website but I was really let down. The only thing I salvaged from the book was vows, which I think I easily could get from an officiant anyhow (once I book one!). I found the book was especially lacking in the cultural traditons aspect, which was one of my main reasons for purchasing in the first place, as well as listed readings/blessings. I laughed out loud at some of the love quotes as well, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind including most of those in their ceremony. Definitely shop around for another book of this type.
on March 19, 2006
This book is full of information, but none of it hit home for us. We came away with only one idea that we are actually going to use and found many of the sayings and toasts to be very cheesy.