Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

78%
22%
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 29, 1997
Miss Angelou is a wonderfully expressive writer. She tell was she feels, and offers no excuses or apologies for it. If you are white and have asked yourself "What is their problem?" (meaning black Americans), you should read this book.Call me a racist...I don't care....call me a fool...and I sit up and listen. She is a wise and wonderful lady. Once you've started to read her books, you won't be able to stop.She speaks the truth
on November 24, 2001
Dr. Angelou has a wonderful way with words. She can make you laugh, think... anything that aids you in getting into her writing. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings is an excellent portrayal of what life was like for those who were black in that time. Her story may be horrible for many people to imagine, but many times, the truth needs to be published before work can be done to eliminate social injustices such as the white/black problem. Thank-you, Mrs. Angelou, for writing such an honest document, so that people for years to come can read your books, and know that we CAN help in making our world a better place. God bless.
on April 16, 2002
Maya Angelou's written language is alive, and that's refreshing. There is a specific life-view from the standpoint of a black girl growing up, and it is uplifting how she meets her difficulties with confidence. Her humor in many situations made me laugh out loud. Yes, she is a gripping author, and the tidbits of wisdom shine through like rays of sunlight...
on April 27, 2004
I read this book for my English project and it was very good! Very moving and it helped me understand the Great Depression and all the racism that black people had to go through....
Maya Angelou is a great writer, and this book was excellent!
Very interesting, I RECOMMEND IT!
on May 17, 2002
We had to read this novel by Maya Angelou and I thought it was a very good example of the way you should write. She used imagery and descriptives to show you,the reader, how it really was in her life. I LOVED IT !!!
on April 6, 2002
Read the complete novel. The Cliff notes only offers a small portion of the love and enjoyment you will feel from this author's words.
on April 7, 2002
I thought that this was a great book! Maya had a very difficult life growing up. I just could not figure out what she really wanted with her life.
on November 3, 1999
i am 15 years old and i love to read. her story was like no other. it was the most awesomest book i ever read. she doesn't get all complicated to understand like some authors. i have read just about all her books. i also love to read singin' and swingin' and gettin' merry like christmas. she is the best author to in the world to me.!
on July 28, 2014